What's new

Ex-Indian Army chief admits sponsoring terrorism in Balochistan

Kompromat

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Ex-Indian Army chief admits sponsoring terrorism in Balochistan

Army report reveals special unit was raised for Pakistan; Indian media downplays its sensitive contents

Umar CheemaMonday, October 21, 2013

ISLAMABAD: Recently retired Indian Army chief General Vijay Kumar Singh has admitted that India sponsored bomb blasts in Pakistan and doled out money to the separatist elements in Balochistan, a disclosure downplayed by the Indian media so far.

u8_V-K-Singh.jpg

Buying silence of Kashmiri leaders in Indian held Kashmir and phone tapping inside India were also part of the sensitive report.The ex-army chief reveals this in an inquiry report prepared by India’s DG military operations shining light on activities of an army unit raised after the Mumbai attacks.

VK Singh last month announced a political alliance with BJP leader Narendra Modi who was responsible for the massacre of the Muslims in Indian Gujarat.A portion of the explosive report indicting the former army chief of terrorist activities inside Pakistan was downplayed by the Indian media that largely used ‘neighboring country’ as a reference and instead highlighted its parts relating to his activities of phone-tapping inside India and buying silence of politicians in Indian-held Kashmir through loads of cash.

The dirty tricks sanctioned by the top Indian general were carried out by Tactical Support Division (TSD), an Indian army unit raised after Mumbai attacks on the directives of the Defence Minister and National Security Adviser Shev Shankar Menon in order to “perform a particular task to secure borders and internal situation in the country.”

TSD consisted of six officers, five JCOs and 30 men and operated out of an unmarked two-storeyed building within the Delhi Cantonment dubbed the ‘Butchery’, that was a refurbished slaughterhouse of colonial times, The India Today reported.

“The division was headed by Colonel Munishwar Nath Bakshi, a tall, flamboyant intelligence officer in his early 40s, better known by an unusual nickname, ‘Hunny’,” it said.As the inquiry body was set up to investigate, Col Bakshi, a confidante of Gen Singh, got himself admitted in a mental hospital pretending that he was under serious mental stress.

Former Army Chief VK Singh allegedly used TSD, a clandestine collective of handpicked military intelligence personnel, to settle scores on both sides of the contentious Line of Control (LOC) between Pakistan and India, reported The India Today, in its October 7 edition.

Between October and November 2011, India Today reported this month, TSD had claimed money “to try enrolling the secessionist chief in the province of a neighbouring country” and “Rs1.27 crore (Indian currency) to prevent transportation of weapons between neighbouring countries”. In early 2011, TSD claimed an unspecified amount for carrying out “eight low-intensity bomb blasts in a neighboring country”, according to this weekly Indian magazine.

The Hindustan Times earlier reported about the covert operation inside Pakistan by TSD and quoted its former official stating it was assigned to nab Hafiz Saeed of Jamaatud Dawah but didn’t mention TSD’s involvement in terrorist activities in Pakistan as has been revealed through inquiry board.

Since there was no explicit mention of Pakistan, it didn’t emerge on the radar of Pakistani media. The News spoke to different journalistic sources in India privy to details who confirmed that it was about Pakistan.

India’s Director General of Military Operations (DGMO) Lt Gen Vinod Bhatia, who headed a Board of Officers’ inquiry under the direct orders of Gen Bikram Singh, current army chief, to review the functioning of the TSD submitted the report in March this year to the Indian government. While report is not being publicised, however, TSD was closed in December 2012.

An RTI request filed for the copy of this report was also denied, stating that sharing this information was prejudicial to national security and can harmrelations with the neighbouring countries.

“In so far as your request for supply of order regarding setting up of ‘TSD’ and enquiry etc, is concerned, it is regretted that the same cannot be supplied in terms of Section 8 (1) (a) of the RTI Act,” the ministry said in reply to an RTI query as quoted in an Indian paper.

“The section bars disclosure of information which would prejudicially affect the sovereignty and integrity of India, the security, strategic, scientific or economic interests of the state, relation with foreign state or lead to incitement of an offence,” it further stated.

The inquiry report on TSD started leaking after former army chief’s disclosure in a TV interview that the army had “transferred funds to all ministers in Jammu and Kashmir since 1947”. His comments triggered a firestorm of indignant counter-allegations all the way from Delhi to Srinagar. The payouts, he insisted, were not “bribes” or for “political purpose”, but part of the larger initiative to promote stability in the insurgency-ridden state.

http://www.thenews.com.pk/Todays-Ne...ef-admits-sponsoring-terrorism-in-Balochistan

In addition to | http://www.indianexpress.com/news/i...s-for-pak-in-afghanistan-chuck-hagel/1080062/

So who else wants to befriend India? - Pakistan's India apologists, please stand up and show us your faces....

Usual dramabazi by pakistani news media famous for fake wikileaks .

Ex-army chief never said anything like that .

Pakistani media as usual giving out fake news .

Did not find any mention of bomb blasts or terror strikes in the article. Is the title the result of usual Pakistani lies and shenanigans ?

why fabricate news when you are sure, just call him to one of your channels and bring out what he has said but.....

Gen V K Singh never said anything like this. Brave freedom fighters of Baluchistan have to earn their freedom on their own.

I have my moral support for the oppressed of P.O.B.

old story mods ji whats your point
Aeronaut of course! Digging up historical records from the days of the dinosaurs seems to be his hobby!! This must be the gazillionth thread on this topic!

And where the fook has 'Balochistan' been mentioned anywhere in the report??

Aeronaut, you are a mod, right? I don't have to tell you that your headline of this thread is far removed from reality. In short you have made it up for sensationalism. It sucks! Had it been someone else with a false heading, you would have banned the crap out of him.....Especially me whom you're extremely fond of, banning me for weeks at the drop of a hat for infringements that pale into insignificance compared to the stuff you dish out!

Am I going to be banned for this post? I probably will...for another 3 weeks again because banning doesn't require any expertise! It's the easiest thing to do for a mod!

With power comes responsibility too, right? But the headline of this thread was pretty irresponsible on your part. Are you going to change it? I think you should, to retain what credibility you have left!

Aeronaut of course! Digging up historical records from the days of the dinosaurs seems to be his hobby!! This must be the gazillionth thread on this topic!

And where the fook has 'Balochistan' been mentioned anywhere in the report??

Aeronaut, you are a mod, right? I don't have to tell you that your headline of this thread is far removed from reality. In short you have made it up for sensationalism. It sucks! Had it been someone else with a false heading, you would have banned the crap out of him.....Especially me whom you're extremely fond of, banning me for weeks at the drop of a hat for infringements that pale into insignificance compared to the stuff you dish out!

Am I going to be banned for this post? I probably will...for another 3 weeks again because banning doesn't require any expertise! It's the easiest thing to do for a mod!

With power comes responsibility too, right? But the headline of this thread was pretty irresponsible on your part. Are you going to change it? I think you should, to retain what credibility you have left!
Spot on! What you've mentioned is absolutely right! Webby needs to do something about this. Have some mods been given the license to continuously spew garbage such as wrong self-made thread titles for attracting eyeballs??

Man seems news are slow, people are getting so desperate now a days.

Back
Top Bottom