What's new

Ex Chancellor Schröders Friendship to Putin gets our soldiers free?

MarkusS

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Ex chancellor Schröder celebrated his 70th birthday a few days ago and it is well known that Putin is one of his best friends...during Schröders rule over germany the relationship between Germany and Russia was closer than ever before. Many critisize Schröder for this and said this is bad.

Now Putin organized a party for Schröder in St. Petersburg...

This picture here sparks outrage in germany:

BN-CO705_0429sc_G_20140429100221.jpg

Media and Government critisize how Schröder can attend a party organized from Putin and even hug the despot, while 4 german soldiers are hold captive from russian terrorists with water and bread in eastern ukraine.

Now few minutes ago Putin said, that he "hopes" and that he is sure that the 4 will be released very soon and propably even still today and that he spoke with his good friend Gerhard (Schröder) during the party he organized for him. Some here say this is a ridicoulous behavior. Schröder does not have any reponsibility in our current government and he should not speak for it.

Ex Chancellor Schröder is famous for his anti americanism and he has many "doubtful" friends in the world. His visits bring regimes and dictators renomee and some say he damages german reputation in the world. His friendship with Putin is legendary... Putin was even made godfather for one of Schröders daughters.

schroederputinbier100_v-ARDFotogalerie.jpg

It is not the first time that Schröder brought trouble for Germany.

Beside his weird friendship to Putin he does visit nations which germany is basicly in conflict with. And he uses his "semi official" status and authority to push german interests.

eng-iran-GBT-BM-Bayern-TEHRAN.jpg

As much as i´m happy for our 4 soldiers...i don´t think this is good for german reputation.

"Friend" is the wrong word. Pet seems more appropriate.."Schröder, Putin's favorite pet, met with his master.....etc"

Not being good for German reputation is a understatement..your last chancellor turns out to be a traitor, and now he rubs on that fact right at the moment when many in EU question Germany attitude towards Russia.

Schröder has no more political positions within Germany anymore. As a free and private person he can have with whoever as friend as he pleases. IMO, having Schröder talking privately with Putin could be act positively to de-escalate the current situation.

Schröder has no more political positions within Germany anymore. As a free and private person he can have with whoever as friend as he pleases. IMO, having Schröder talking privately with Putin could be act positively to de-escalate the current situation.

I don´t know...i don´t think such deals should be made on a party table.

schroeder was the best german leader germany ever had

he reformed the job market and germanys economy. It were his reforms why germany is now so economicly strong not merkels, she just took over his policies and fulfilled the same plans he proposed and now she gets all the praise. And he opposed the iraq war which merkels party supported back then, and he made closer ties to russia. Just imagine the huge loss germany would had if it would supported the Iraq war.

In retro perspective he was the best leader germany ever had. Merkel doesnt oppose anything from the white house not even if the german economy gets spied by the NSA. And she refuses to do any reforms sitting and eating everything what Schroeder has built. And now she wants beef with russia. Shes the worst chancellor in history, now is everything fine but long term effects of her policies will be visible one day.

Markuss is just a russophobe

Do the Germans really want to follow the Americans lead and develop enmities with selective nations for stupid reasons?

he reformed the job market and germanys economy. It were his reforms why germany is now so economicly strong not merkels, she just took over his policies and fulfilled the same plans he proposed and now she gets all the praise. And he opposed the iraq war which merkels party supported back then, and he made closer ties to russia. Just imagine the huge loss germany would had if it would supported the Iraq war.

In retro perspective he was the best leader germany ever had. Merkel doesnt oppose anything from the white house not even if the german economy gets spied by the NSA. And she refuses to do any reforms sitting and eating everything what Schroeder has built. And now she wants beef with russia. Shes the worst chancellor in history, now is everything fine but long term effects of her policies will be visible one day.

there is something so disturbing about @MarkusS's russophobia on this forum that he hid his pedophiliac pictures and cat pictures just in order to stay here and to keep spewing his russophobic propaganda. i am almost willing to attribute his russophobia to the fact that judging from all his past and present avatars and posts he is the most mentally disturbed german member here, which in turn is probably attributable to the fact that he is not a racially pure german. a true german knows the ill consequences of messing with french and russians.

Do the Germans really want to follow the Americans lead and develop enmities with selective nations for stupid reasons?

what stupid reasons? I think gaining control over ukraine is a very good reason to push our influence forward.

Oh i'm a russophobe? Thats interesting. Tell me, what would i gain from being positive with russia?

what stupid reasons? I think gaining control over ukraine is a very good reason to push our influence forward.
Ukraine issue isn't very old, which means its not just the Ukraine issue which has molded german political perception of Russia, there are other considerations, the primary ones being 'lets follow the Americans blindly' it gives an impression that Germany is still not a free state just like Japan. Shroder had given German foreign policy a new outlook, which sadly has been reverted by Merkel. Of all the countries in the world, Germany should have learnt from the past mistakes and not pursued 'confrontational policies' like it is doing now vis a vis Russia. Have a look at China, she is friends with both Russia and Ukraine and despite that China is trying to stay aloof from this matter......Now why is Germany so concerned then? Germany is not even a VETO like China....So what kind of influence is Germany trying to pull here.

Ukraine issue isn't very old, which means its not just the Ukraine issue which has molded german political perception of Russia, there are other considerations, the primary ones being 'lets follow the Americans blindly' it gives an impression that Germany is still not a free state just like Japan. Shroder had given German foreign policy a new outlook, which sadly has been reverted by Merkel. Of all the countries in the world, Germany should have learnt from the past mistakes and not pursued 'confrontational policies' like it is doing now vis a vis Russia. Have a look at China, she is friends with both Russia and Ukraine and despite that China is trying to stay aloof from this matter......Now why is Germany so concerned then? Germany is not even a VETO like China....So what kind of influence is Germany trying to pull here.

1. We are a free state. We oppossed war in libya and also syria and even voted against the war in Libya and sided with China and Russia in this issue. That proves you wrong.

2. Not pursue confrontational policies? How do you think we can push our interests forward against enemy nations? With tea and cake? You need to be agressive to be sucessfull. Germany is one of the greatest economic powers on the globe and since we rule the EU we also hold much power in the world and we have evry right to use it.

1. We are a free state. We oppossed war in libya and also syria and even voted against the war in Libya and sided with China and Russia in this issue. That proves you wrong.

2. Not pursue confrontational policies? How do you think we can push our interests forward against enemy nations? With tea and cake? You need to be agressive to be sucessfull. Germany is one of the greatest economic powers on the globe and since we rule the EU we also hold much power in the world and we have evry right to use it.

You claim to be a free state. How many NATO and US soldiers are occupying your country? You're about as free as Japan. In other words, you're a colony.

You claim to be a free state. How many NATO and US soldiers are occupying your country? You're about as free as Japan. In other words, you're a colony.

My country? Why do you think i feel bound to something primitive like a country? I see myself as a EU citizen and consider USA and EU both my home.

LOOL don't say that loud. Many Japanese still think they are not a U.S puppet/colony. :partay:

On a serious note, you cant just say Germany is a colony based on NATO soldiers based there. even U.S soldiers are based in U.K and Australia as well. Its also a matter of history/close relationship these countries have. You shouldn't underestimate Germany, They are still by far the most powerful country in Europe(economically, and could be militarily if they want). Overall, i think we shouldnt take things to far my American friend.:usflag: Just like my country before,the U.S wont also stay as a superpower forever. Everything that has a beginning has an end, its just how each country manages this transition that matters. so hopefully, the U.S will be wise to keep close ties with Europe, because the world will look very different in 10 -20 years from now.:D:dirol:

So having a NATO base means being a colony ? :o: That's very interesting :D
Yes. Exactly. Having foreign bases with foreign troops that have forcefully been there since wwII and simply won't leave. That's an occupation. Ask the Japanese how they feel about having foreign bases on their land. It's embarrassing. It takes away their Sovereignity. Anyway, from the looks of your avatar, you're merely a child. I don't expect you to comprehend anything I'm saying. No worries.

My country? Why do you think i feel bound to something primitive like a country? I see myself as a EU citizen and consider USA and EU both my home.

Primitive? You mean like your irrational fear of Russia. Yeah you're thinking is pretty primitive.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom