What's new

Every night the 'Night of Power'

Salik

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: "Our Lord (glorified and exalted be He) descends each night to the earth's sky when there remains the final third of the night, and He says: 'Who is saying a prayer to Me that I may answer it? Who is asking something of Me that I may give it him? Who is asking forgiveness of Me that I may forgive him?'" Bukhari (also by Muslim, Malik, at-Tirmidhi and Abu Dawud). In Muslim the Hadith ends with the words: "And thus He continues till the dawn shines."

Narated By Ibn 'Abbas : Once I passed the night in the house of Maimuna (his aunt). I slept across the bed while Allah's Apostle and his wife slept length-wise. The Prophet slept till midnight or nearly so and woke up rubbing his face and recited ten verses from Surat "Aal-Imran." Allah's Apostle went towards a leather skin and performed ablution in the most perfect way and then stood for the prayer. I did the same and stood beside him. (Hadith No. 183, Vol. 1)

Night, the best time to worship and remains an important element of spiritualism. Prophet (peace be upon him) made his habit and advised his followers to do so. He further said: “You should pray in night, for it is the habit of the righteous people who came before you, and it will bring you closer to your Lord, expiate for bad deeds, prevent sin, and expel disease from the body.”(At-Tirmithi and Ahmad)

Shiva is ancient name of God, and in ancient books every night is stated as Shivratri i.e. night of God. It shows night has been an important moment to attain nearness of God in its peacefulness from the beginning times. People have a blessed Shivratri, have a blessed night every night.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom