What's new

Eve’s daughters raped with impunity

Get rid of your inferiority complex and be proud of your traditions and your religion...
You Indians do need to get these two things right..

I will comment no more on this matter.
Are you crazy? Don't you know difference between culture and religion. Sari is an Indian dress. In malaysia which is Islamic country they wear a particle kind of unisex clothing, so is that Islamic clothing? Baath kart a hai

On question for you, do you think capital punishment in first degree murder decreases crime rate than life imprisonment ?

Use your logic. Then I will tell you the research done by people and their findings.

Nope but capital punishment is proven to reduce recidivism.

on topic

Its not an Indian problem or a particular ethnic group or a culture or the way women drink, dress, talk or travel.

Its can i get away with it. McKibbin's study 30% of men would comit rape and they are just the ones that would admit it.

The only way to reduce the frequency of rape is increase the chance of a negative outcome for the offender. You need police that regard sexual assault as a serious crime, hospitals that know how to collect evidence, courts that prosecute the offender not the victim and a sentence that is a deterrent not a slap on the wrist.

McKibbin et al. (2008) argue that there may be several different types of rapists or rape strategies. One is rape by disadvantaged men who cannot get sex otherwise. Another is "specialized rapists" who are more sexually aroused from rape than from consensual sex. A third type is opportunistic rapists who switches between forced and consensual sex depending on circumstances. A fourth type is psychopathic rapists. A fifth type is partner rape due to sperm competition when the male suspects or knows that the female has had sex with another male. There are varying degrees of empirical support for the existence of each of these types. More generally they mention research finding that at least one-third of males "admit they would rape under specific conditions" and that other surveys find that many men[quantify] state having coercive sexual fantasies. They, as have others, "propose that rape is a conditional strategy that may potentially be deployed by any man."

McKibbin, W. F.; Shackelford, T. K.; Goetz, A. T.; Starratt, V. G. (2008). "Why do men rape? An evolutionary psychological perspective". Review of General Psychology

@Vassnti Finally someone to talk and explain psychology ? Are you in research.

BTW in research it has shown that capital punishment doesn't make a major difference, of course it affects more than life imprisonment but the gap is too small.

As for type of rapists you explained, we can discuss, how a person becomes a particular type of rapist

Its not a particular problem of a region ethnic etc. but each region , ethnic, culture has its own factors which results in rape.

Like in rural India, many rapes are attributed to take revenge or dishonor a lower caste community by the upper caste men. So caste here plays a important role. The children of upper caste grows in an environment where they see that lower caste women are not respected and can be dishonored if a person from lower caste commits crime against upper caste.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Vassnti Finally someone to talk and explain psychology ? Are you in research ?

BTW in research it has shown that capital punishment doesn't make a major difference, of course it affects more than life imprisonment but the gap is too small.

As for type of rapists you explained, we can discuss, how a person becomes a particular type of rapist

Its not a particular problem of a region ethnic etc. but each region , ethnic, culture has its own factors which results in rape.

Like in rural India, many rapes are attributed to take revenge or dishonor a lower caste community by the upper caste men. So caste here plays a important role. The children of upper caste grows in an environment where they see that lower caste women are not respected and can be dishonored if a person from lower caste commits crime against upper caste.

Research days are behind me too much like hard work and most of that was medical not psychology. A few years of Psych but i would only consider myself an informed layman but ill do my best to contribute, just dont expect brilliance.

One point you assume western scociety doesnt have caste. Ok we might not have one directly atibuted to hereditary but western society can be just as structured. Is it a caste matter when the head of a bank rapes a hotel cleaner?
The rich white guy caste v's the brown cleaner caste. How would that be different from say a Brahman and a Dalti?

How does the risk level change in an unequal relation is the land lord less likley to be arrested, is the lower class girl even going to try and go to the police to tell them the local factory owner raped her?

As for how does one become an Opportunistic Rapist? How does some one become an ID driven impulsive personality centered on personal gratification at the expense of others sounds flippant but Mommy didnt hug them enough?

The mother of the rapists is usually described as having been in the rapists childhood, rejecting, excessively controlling, dominant, punitive, overprotective and seductive. The father is usually described as uninvolved, aloof, distant, absent or passive but occasionally punitive and cruel. Some researchers suggest that in the case of the sex offender parental cruelly inconsistency of discipline envy and sexual frustration as well as over stimulation or seduction are the principle factors that influence the rapist’s personality and criminal behavior.

The rapist may have experienced parental seductiveness in childhood. Usually from his mother this may have ranged from covert seductive behavior to actual sexual involvement. A history of early prolonged bed sharing with a sibling or parent may have sensitized the rapist unduly to sexual stimulation during childhood.

The professional literature suggests that parental rejection domination, cruelty and seductiveness are important factors in the early life of the rapists. During childhood mild to moderate social maladjustments of the future rapist may be evidenced in fighting temper tantrums, truancy and stealing.

Sexual Offender - Occult and Organized Crime Research Center

I, don't know why these mad dingos refuse to accept rape as a social evil which has nothing to do with geography and culture. If it happens in samoa, its wrong, if it happens in Somalia its wrong, if it happens in the US its wrong, if happens in India and Pakistan its exactly wrong!

Problem with our S.Asian men [some] is that they think its "manly" to rape someone, therefore its acceptable and its something to be proud of. I, want to see a full Sharia'a court sitting for Rapists and Acid attackers....just hang them!

How does sharia's court work in case of rape?? Do the victims have to produce 3 witnesses to her crime? If she does not produce witnesses, then will she be punished?

In India rapists rarely get capital punishment....they just do jail term and let go. Only if they commit murder then they get maximum punishment.

@Vassnti See, I am not saying the crime is different but the reason behind these crimes and its nature will vary in every case.

In cities, sexual harassment is something many offices have. One can trace it back to seniority of a man over a woman starting taking her as a woman he can control. He may flirt or indulge in harassment especially when the woman doesn't reciprocate his advances. But this is an environment built over the period of time that will push that bank officer to rape his employee. The individual' personality, characteristics, mental state along with the social environment, all are taken into context to understand a crime.

Similarly a brahmin raping a dalit based on caste can be analogous to a White man who consider himself from superior race may rape a woman of inferior race according to him. So just like I said in case of caste, a child grows up in an environment where even the women from his race look down upon woman of other race. Behavior of men from superior race towards other women will also affect the psyche of the child.

Let me cite an example in case of racial hatred. Even Germans were persecuting Jews, the children saw their parents indulged in racial oppression, hate speech, labeling of Jews etc. and they were also exposed to media and the entire society following the same. So even the children started hating Jews. They follow and behave in the same way they see their elders.

Now, the psychology of a person turning into rapist. What you have cited is classic case of serial rapists and even serial killers being researched in US especially. One of the serial rapists used to see her mother being indulged with many men right next room, saw her having intercourse and also she used to lock him up in the closet and beat often. many children who are abused sexually generally become insensitive towards sex and mimic the same behavior of the molester who used them.

In case of the child you talked about who is strictly controlled by his mother, beaten up and abused with a father figure who didn't take care of him, he might snap in case of rejection for women, failed relationship (which is high in these cases) or cheating by his companion, and he will take his anger towards womanhood or his mother and past woman he had, on the surrogates.

In case of BTK killer, he didn't even rape women, he even hanged a 12 year old girl and semen was found near her. It excited him. Similarly, Ted Bundy was too much involved in sexual intercourse and masturbation and it affected him to the extent that he lost control and pick women to rape them. He even revisited the site and often have intercourse with dead woman, Necrophilia is the term. Same was the case with Green River killer.

I don't accept the fact that children who sleep with their siblings or mother will develop sexual tendencies as a factor that applies everywhere. It may happen in certain regions, but may be completely absent or quite low. It depends on society and the exposure to the fact that they saw news about mother-son, sister-brother relationship which is weird for them but adolescent may not understand this change. Now this notion will be out rightly rejected by many people because in their society they didn't see or heard of such cases and they can't accept it, and even if they witness they will take it as an isolated, unique case which occurs one in a million. Whereas those who have read about criminal psychology and the research you have cited, they have taken into account various such cases and they have come to this conclusion by detailed research.

So, every region has its own factors that influence the child to grow and turn out as a rapist. Also psychopaths, sociopaths etc. can be spotted earlier and their parents can take of their mental condition.

According to research, genetics, family environment, social environment (violent surroundings, racial discrimination, cast system, ultra conservatism, inequality among gender,) media etc. all play a major role in creating a rapist.

Ted Bundy, serial rapist and killer said, "We are your sons, your husbands and we are everywhere".

Problem with many communities is that they are reactive towards crime instead of understanding the origins of crime. Unless and until one doesn't observe the social dynamics, psychology of individual and community, etc. he/she won't be able to reduce the crime.

Islamic Laws are the only solution to solve all problems in Pakistan. Western Law which helps the criminals, terrorists, corrupt politicians & not to mention the massively corrupt Human Right group who only help the culprits are destruction to any Muslim country.

So Islamic Laws are the true solution for Pakistan but they need to be original not fake which is going to made up & run by corrupt Molvis favoring themselves only or their particular sect only. The Islamic Laws needs to made or set up by only highly Islamic educated Imams.

Well Another rape thread..... Open the news paper... filled with rape & related news.... Open the channels... Rape and rape related news and chat shows....Open social network.... end up discussing rapes.... Login PDF end up discussing rape as well.... I guess we as a nation going thru a transition period..... Probably after 1947 we got in to an attitude... "chaltha hein" (lets take emergency period as an exception)..... We have been tolerating what ever pushed upon us for a long time..... But i guess time has come to get rid of that chaltha hein attitude..... You can see the same happening in this year and last year.... Earlier agitation used to be politically motivated.... but the young population of india hardly have political affiliation...... All they asking is a simple thing.... Allow to live in a peaceful manner.... We also have a habit of blaming everything on our netas and govt.... most of the time it is appropriate..... but as an individuals we need to introspect and look at ourselves are we doing the right thing.... What are we doing as a citizen to stop the crime....I am sure every one of us might have come across at least once where in a girl/women has been harassed... how did we respond to that situation????... Most of the time the crime can be stopped even before it committed....... I feel happy to see the change in attitude in ourselves we started responding... and responding in the right way.... if we keep doing this...... I am sure we will change ourselves as a nation... and will will force our netas to change their attitude.....

Social media and Media as a whole need to be congratulated for helping this cause...

Learn something from Singapore and its not about religion. In Saudi Arabia this also takes place. If it does not happen in public, it happens domestically.

Women hold the key, they have to break free by pressuring govts constantly.

Ok thank you for letting me know, mindless Indian. Now deal with your problem.

:lol: Don't claim BS when you know you will be easily called out on it . And try to debate without getting personal , try being civilised. I know it's hard, but give it a shot.

Is there anybody who thinks legalizing and regulating prostitution could help ? :)
If you find one, call him idiot from my side. Reason why it won't work is already explained by me.

I commend the bold and powerful stand-up of Indian citizens against rape of innocent women & pressure on authorities for Capital Punishment, an Islamic law ridiculed since long.

Beheading as a punishment would be barbaric and would not justify the crime commited, I would advocate
Cauterization along with life imprisonment.

I agree that the justification is poor for that kind of punishment. However, the rise of such acts is turning out to be barbaric themselves, it needs to be stopped. We are not making a strong enough statement.

If you find one, call him idiot from my side. Reason why it won't work is already explained by me.

Krait - bro - in the midst of rational behavior in you, why do I find that "My way or highway" behavior as well?

I used to interact with a DSP of prostitution wing who was operating in the suburbs of Chennai and used to mention the reason why the police tolerated prostitution in Mahabalipuram is because they want to avoid molestations and in rare cases prostitution as well in Chennai.(I am talking about 1997-1998 timeframe)

Would you call the Chennai police idiots?

Back
Top Bottom