What's new

Eve’s daughters raped with impunity

what about all the male rapes? there are many situations where a male is force to have sex with women although he may be gay.
ps. i am not refereing to Pak or any one country, i am talking in general. someone has to fight for men too

May be I am frustrated explaining Nick. Sorry if you find my post offensive.

What you call psychological mumbo jumbo, its the studies done across the world by social scientists who are in advisory council of govt. organizations like planning commission of India.

I used to think like you but when I sat and heard about how they tackle a problem, I then come to know, what works. What are priorities and how to use the resources to get maximum output.

Bro - you changed your views based on your experience - my views were formulated based on my experience. I am that conservative guy who had a 180 degree change in views after getting to move along in friends' circles especially from Delhi - I think Nick has the same experience as me moving in these friends' circles. No need to get frustrated. And no need to apologize. At the end of the day, I am happy this thread atleast has some constructive discussions going on.

There you go. Norm and psyche of the men who has grown seeing this as a NORMAL behaviour.

Well obviously that would play a part, not to mention those tribes usually have more respect for woman. In most parts of the world it is still a Patriarchal society regardless of how much equality some people preach, and some men act like scum to take advantage of that.

You failed to address even a single of the many questions i posed as usual. Anyway just try to explain to me this statement that you made -"Actually certain portion of girl population has indirectly helped in creating such image. Especially the rich family girls."
What did you mean by this ?
You guys have caused pain in my hands because of continuous typing.

Last reply, otherwise I don't think you will do your research and some study of the crimes.

I have to repeat same thing, when a guy sees a girl drinking, loosing mind and heard about her easy to get to bed, he looses respect in for that girl. According to her, she becomes just an object to use and throw. The girl don't know it and she thinks guy's intentions are good and he wants good relation. But after she has been used, she means nothing to him anymore, as his main aim was to use her physically.

This is one example of a partuclar type of guys and their reaction towards this type of girls. Its not the girl's mistake, but she indirectly and unintentionally changed the psyche of a guy who is still in getting mature phase and mindset.

On question for you, do you think capital punishment in first degree murder decreases crime rate than life imprisonment ?

Use your logic. Then I will tell you the research done by people and their findings.

The reason is that tribes are isolated close knit societies..
Nobody can just vanish after the rape.
Thats why.
But same cannot be said about a large city or country.
This is not the main cause. Again go type and search Social Conditioning.

If you like mathematics and want to know how statistics is used, Go to University of Arizona, Tempe, there is a guy named Carlos Castillo Chavez. He has worked on many social issues. You will find it interesting.
@nick_indian You can also search his work and if you want I can tell you other researchers who work in mathematical modeling of crimes and statistical modeling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bro - you changed your views based on your experience - my views were formulated based on my experience. I am that conservative guy who had a 180 degree change in views after getting to move along in friends' circles especially from Delhi - I think Nick has the same experience as me moving in these friends' circles. No need to get frustrated. And no need to apologize. At the end of the day, I am happy this thread atleast has some constructive discussions going on.
I agree but you can understand my position. Its not just nick or you, at least you guys are listening to me, there are huge number of people who aren't even thinking and just protesting and soon they will forget it.

But we can't succeed in our major goal of research which is practical application in society unless people listen to what other experts and experienced person have to say, who have dedicated years on research, case studies, interviews, criminal statistics and literature research of works of other people. Those people closely work with and often part of these organizations to tell them which strategy is working.

I have worked on epidemics and its quite interesting study, The successful media campaign in controlling HIV/AIDS in India. There is a book on it and it has become a major case study for many researchers around the world and the lesson learned from these case studies are helping in controlling AIDS in developing countries and especially countries in Africa.

You guys have caused pain in my hands because of continuous typing.

Last reply, otherwise I don't think you will do your research and some study of the crimes.

I have to repeat same thing, when a guy sees a girl drinking, loosing mind and heard about her easy to get to bed, he looses respect in for that girl. According to her, she becomes just an object to use and throw. The girl don't know it and she thinks guy's intentions are good and he wants good relation. But after she has been used, she means nothing to him anymore, as his main aim was to use her physically.

This is one example of a partuclar type of guys and their reaction towards this type of girls. Its not the girl's mistake, but she indirectly and unintentionally changed the psyche of a guy who is still in getting mature phase and mindset.

On question for you, do you think capital punishment in first degree murder decreases crime rate than life imprisonment ?

Use your logic. Then I will tell you the research done by people and their findings.

Yet most women who get raped in India are poor , those who probably have never been to a bar or a theka or had one night stands. Just like this girl in Delhi .

Anyway , even if i accept your POV, what according to you is the solution ?

About your question , I don't think capital punishment decreases murders , but do you think there is a better punishment for them , especially when they have been involved in murder of "the rarest of the rare kind" ?

If you have a better idea that will reduce murders, then please suggest .

Also , i would repeat what Sashan is saying, just because our POV's are different does not mean you have to bang your head with a wall. Let's keep calm and discuss this. Even i have been typing a lot.

One, more derail and you are going pink, understood?

Although I fully support banning the members who troll at this serious and sensitive subjetct ... where were YOU at when pakistanis were making fun of the poor girl , Indian judiciary and Indians in general?

Yet most women who get raped in India are poor , those who probably have never been to a bar or a theka or had one night stands. Just like this girl in Delhi .
Anyway , even if i accept your POV, what according to you is the solution ?
About your question , I don't think capital punishment decreases murders , but do you think there is a better punishment for them , especially when they have been involved in murder of "the rarest of the rare kind" ?
If you have a better idea , then please suggest .Also , i would repeat what Sashan is saying, just because our POV's are different does not mean you have to bang your head with a wall. Let's keep calm and discuss this. Even i have been typing a lot.
Sorry buddy. if you found it offensive. I will answer you in few minutes. Have to eat something and I need my smoke.

Meanwhile, I have told about why poor girls are raped. I will talk about not the rarest or rare case, but the general case which you and me failed to notice. Meanwhile think, why this Delhi rape got so much coverage than other rape cases that happened in Delhi ?

I would like to know what you think so that I can reply to you accordingly.

Sorry buddy. if you found it offensive. I will answer you in few minutes. Have to eat something and I need my smoke.

Meanwhile, I have told about why poor girls are raped. I will talk about not the rarest or rare case, but the general case which you and me failed to notice. Meanwhile think, why this Delhi rape got so much coverage than other rape cases that happened in Delhi ?

I would like to know what you think so that I can reply to you accordingly.

Don't apologise bro , didn't find it offensive at all. Just want you to keep calm as i am enjoying this discussion with you and want to know what you suggest , even if i don't agree with it in the end.

This is not the main cause. Again go type and search Social Conditioning.

If you like mathematics and want to know how statistics is used, Go to University of Arizona, Tempe, there is a guy named Carlos Castillo Chavez. He has worked on many social issues. You will find it interesting.
@nick_indian You can also search his work and if you want I can tell you other researchers who work in mathematical modeling of crimes and statistical modeling.

I might look into that.
But south asia isnt california and their social model wont work here and here's wont work there.
The day we realize this simple fact,that day our social problems may start getting solved...

Last edited by a moderator:
Years ago a number of women were buried alive by a PPP politician... Zehri... in Balochistan.
Move on to 2012... Rimsha Masih kidnapped and forcefully married off forcefully by another PPP stalwart named Mian Mithoo.
(Funny how a lot of activists still continue to harbor sympathy for the PPP.)

I was talking about heera mandi in Lahore recently. I have a documentary film-maker friend who has made a documentary on it... basically the entire place is running with the connivance of politicians. And lets not forget what kind of people work there. Many are kidnapped women taken in childhood, others are sold by callous or poverty-stricken parents in neighboring Afghanistan... in either case politicians are helping run the trade.

Many people will say the place has been closed down. That's what is usually said officially. A visit will reveal the truth. The place may never be closed down.

Stopping something becomes much harder when it has political support. Rape is an issue... but it is basically part of a much wider issue... the exploitation of women in our country.

I agree that men need to change and stop thinking of women as just shagbags..
On the other hand women dont need to blindly follow west and take off their clothes...
Both sides need to hold on to their eastern values.
You can remain profoundly eastern and still progress.
I see sikhs and hindus in UK still wearing sarhii and turbans and doing well good...

I might look into that.
But south asia isnt california and their social model wont work here and here's wont work there.
The day we realize this simple fact,that day our social problems may start getting solved...
I know buddy. I just want to tell you how one studies a society and determine the variables involved and the parameters, some which affect the most while some which have little effect.

In these studies one can find what affect the number of crimes and what affect stability of the system.

In these studies you learn what factors one should focus on for finding an equilibrium and what makes an unstable system.

You will be surprised to see how mathematical modeling, statistical modeling has helped in understanding and predicting, terrorist attacks, growth of extremism, growing crime rate, epidemics spread, solution of disputes.

Let me cite you an example. A well known researcher in India who works in JNU, presented a research paper in a conference on modeling of disputes and analysis. It was attended by officials from Indian Railways. After the presentation, they came to him and explained that they are now having problems with workers and they need his help in determining which strategy will work for reaching resolution of disputes and reduce the instability among the workers.

Similarly many cases are there where the census takers or case studies people who collect data are guided by the researcher to ask the major questions and corresponding data that has to be collected so that the Modeling people don't face any shortage of data.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom