What's new

Eve’s daughters raped with impunity

Agreed to your point changes will not be easy. But saying one will fail is preposterous. Look at how western countries changed - For example - US - women were not allowed to vote till 1920s i.e for 140 years or so, they were treated as unequal - Even after 1920s till the advent of second world war, women were seen more as a homemaker. Things changed during and after the second world war as women started working as men were away fighting the war. And over few decades, US society has evolved to where it is now. For US, the catalyst I would say is World War II.

For India, the catalyst is 1991 when markets started opening up and more and more women has started to work. In a few decades, through strong laws forced by these kinds of situations(in Tamilnadu - a death of a girl called Sarika Shah in 1998 brought some strong laws against eve teasing and lady cops were posted in plain clothes in areas prone for eve teasing and that malice has reduced to a certain extent), poverty reduction due to the markets opening up, men's realisation that women are here to stay and challenge them at work and other fields will bring in the change. So no one need to take any special efforts, changes will be forced on men if they don't change by themselves.
Dude, you failed to take the meaning and context of the entire sentence. I said if you only criticize and make one liner solutions, you will fail.

But if you go deep into problem, look for basic causes, then only you will succeed.

I am asking you to stop making this superficial suggestions that doesn't give enough practical ways to make the change.

One can say movies are responsible. But to understand why they are responsible, you have to go to psychometeric functions and decision making of human brain. Feedback mechanism of human brain.

I am currently working with an NGO to create pressure on the authorities to make few changes in the system and to raise awareness and practical information needed for girls to avoid going in highly crime prone regions.

100% responsibility on men isnt right and is a neo-feminist ideology where for them women are ok to run around with their tits haging out but a man cant send a dirty text without risking legal action under perversion and misuse of communication laws...
Responsibility lies on both genders..
Women shouldnt dress like sluts and men should be dogs on heat..
In California, women skates on beaches in bikinis. How many rapes happen there ? Your argument fails coz you are not taking into account of the men native to that place who have become habitual of this conditions.

Dude, you failed to take the meaning and context of the entire sentence. I said if you only criticize and make one liner solutions, you will fail.

But if you go deep into problem, look for basic causes, then only you will succeed.

I am asking you to stop making this superficial suggestions that doesn't give enough practical ways to make the change.

One can say movies are responsible. But to understand why they are responsible, you have to go to psychometeric functions and decision making of human brain. Feedback mechanism of human brain.

I am currently working with an NGO to create pressure on the authorities to make few changes in the system and to raise awareness and practical information needed for girls to avoid going in highly crime prone regions.

In california, women skates on beaches in bikinis. How many rapes happen there ? Your argument fails coz you are not taking into account of the men native to that place who have become habitual of this conditions.

No my argument is not flawed.
You do need to look into rape statictics of the west....

100% responsibility on men isnt right and is a neo-feminist ideology where for them women are ok to run around with their tits haging out but a man cant send a dirty text without risking legal action under perversion and misuse of communication laws...

As long as the woman is not showing any of her private parts in public , which is illegal by the way, it is not her fault if she gets raped .Even then her fault won't be more than 10 %.

Ofcourse , if her tits are hanging out while walking on the streets then some blame would go on her.

No my argument is not flawed.
You do need to look into rape statictics of the west....
Statistics are of no use if it isn't used to understand the dynamics, make a model, find the responsible factors, data fitting and conclusions from the experts.

US and Liberia, go and just compare their statistics. Then try to find the common factors.

And making all women naked is another way of doing it..
So much flesh is around that its of no value,unless she is real stunner.
But that mode of tackling the issue does not comply with eastern values including indian values and traditions.

You can't claim I am making superficial suggestions if my POV does not suit you. You have your views and I have mine. I am saying no need for these NGOs and psychological mumbo jumbo to bring in change. I am saying change will happen due to the catalyst I mentioned above.

And making all women naked is another way of doing it..
So much flesh is around that its of no value,unless she is real stunner.
But that mode of tackling the issue does not comply with eastern values including indian values and traditions.
In many tribes, women just wear something at their abdomen and their breasts exposed. There are less number of rapes. Can you tell me why ?

Now tell me why these women are not raped according to your logic ?

:hitwall: I said the reaction of these boys and men from other social background towards this rich girls culture and their behaviour.

Is it that hard for you to understand what I am talking about ? Where the hell I am blaming women. I am telling you how these men dehumanize and start disrespecting women.

You want me to psycho-analyse the case of that Delhi girl ?

You said

"So instead of trying to change the mentality of men who rape or molest , we should change the "rich woman's behaviour" ? Is it ?"

Tell me how you will change the mentality of the male who rape or molest. Tell me how you can avoid men to rape and change their psyche to stop taking women as objects ?

Answer this in points.

I am not blaming women dammit. I am telling you to find the reasons why a person become a rapist or molester. That's how you can tackle present situation and avoid potential rapists in making.

Its like saying stop the Maoists movement but failing to see what started. Things don't work in the way you say.

Be practical and go read some studies. I am done with you. You are just one of those kids who have never seen the ugly reality and the real India that exists. I bet you have never lived in a village for a month. If you have, you will know why people dies in villages, why there are so many rapes by upper class, why there is lack of education, why girls are killed after birth and why people die of hunger.

You just saw few facebook posts, some threads and started targeting me who really want to discuss with a mature person who has seen these things and can practically discuss the solution.

Have you ever worked for a NGO ?

You failed to address even a single of the many questions i posed as usual. Anyway just try to explain to me this statement that you made -"Actually certain portion of girl population has indirectly helped in creating such image. Especially the rich family girls."

What did you mean by this ?

Again mate - I would disagree on that. If women are endowed with riches, they are bound to show them off just like men who want to wear tight clothes to show off their muscular physique or half-strip to show their six pack. This does not mean these are loose moral women and open for men to make an attempt.

In many tribes, women just wear something at their abdomen and their breasts exposed. There are less number of rapes. Can you tell me why ?

That is the norm in that tribe so it is not viewed as obscene??

You can't claim I am making superficial suggestions if my POV does not suit you. You have your views and I have mine. I am saying no need for these NGOs and psychological mumbo jumbo to bring in change. I am saying change will happen due to the catalyst I mentioned above.
May be I am frustrated explaining Nick. Sorry if you find my post offensive.

What you call psychological mumbo jumbo, its the studies done across the world by social scientists who are in advisory council of govt. organizations like planning commission of India.

I used to think like you but when I sat and heard about how they tackle a problem, I then come to know, what works. What are priorities and how to use the resources to get maximum output.

Because those women live with other members of the same tribe...

I'm not saying women are responsible, but dressing with revealing clothes does 'encourage' it slightly... But I agree, it's the men who need to stop and change their mentality.

The reason is that tribes are isolated close knit societies..
Nobody can just vanish after the rape.
Thats why.
But same cannot be said about a large city or country.

Back
Top Bottom