Eunuchs To Defend India ?

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Eunuchs can guard frontiers, suggests Arunachal minister

Tue, May 11 02:44 PM
Itanagar, May 11 (IANS) A regiment of eunuchs could be used to guard India's borders as they are known for their integrity and have played a similar role down the ages, Arunachal Pradesh Home Minister Tako Dabi has suggested to the central government.

'In my humble opinion, if eunuchs are engaged in policing or paramilitary forces they would do a better service to the nation,' Dabi told IANS.

He has already sent a formal letter to central Home Minister P. Chidambaram. The home ministry has acknowledged receiving the note.

'Why can't there be a separate regiment of the eunuch community in our country? Hopefully, this community would discharge their duties effectively in the international borders if enough scope is created for them,' Dabi wrote to Chidambaram.

The mountainous state of Arunachal Pradesh shares a 1,030-km unfenced border with China.

'There were instances even during the Mughal empire of eunuchs being employed to take care of harems and some of them became aides of queens or for palace security for their integrity,' Dabi said.

There are an estimated one million transgenders in India who consider themselves neither men nor women - a distinctive community of the so-called 'third sex' who generally adopt feminine names and dress.

Faced with isolation, poverty and public ridicule, eunuchs, popularly referred to in India as 'hijras', often resort to prostitution for economic survival.

The hijra community in India, which has a recorded history of more than 4,000 years, was considered to have special powers because of its third gender status and traces its origins to legends in the two epics of the 'Ramayana' and 'Mahabharata'.

'Even in the two epics you find mention of the great sense of trust and loyalty from eunuchs,' the minister said.

The home minister is known for his controversial stands - last month he defended policemen consuming alcohol on duty saying drinking under limits could provide them with some extra energy to execute their duties more effectively.

Eunuchs can guard frontiers, suggests Arunachal minister - Yahoo! India News

@ Windjammer

why are u posting the threads and article which are already posted and discussed???

do u have a bad day or some ego get hurt????

@ Windjammer

why are u posting the threads and article which are already posted and discussed???

do u have a bad day or some ego get hurt????

Seems you got off on the wrong side of the bed this morning, since you have repeated your favorite rant, make your self worthy and show me where has this been posted before. Either put up or shut up.

Seems you got off on the wrong side of the bed this morning, since you have repeated your favorite rant, make your self worthy and show me where has this been posted before. Either put up or shut up.

Old news indeed..5 days old..is a long period in todays times dear..GROWUP !!!

If they are physically fit,whats wrong in that?they should also given a chance to serve their country ..

Old news indeed..5 days old..is a long period in todays times dear..GROWUP !!!

Now that is ironic, since your country fellows are still milking the two weeks old Time Square incident.
Anyways, i only came across the news today.

Now that is ironic, since your country fellows are still milking the two weeks old Time Square incident.
Anyways, i only came across the news today.

:rofl::rofl: seems like posts about Time Square incident. got your attention a lot .. :wave:

Windy,

Don't start a flame war. Just admit you overlooked an existing thread and ask the mods to close this one.

And look at what floats your boat...... Eunuchs. :woot:

So what???It was a recommendation by a minister..its up the MoD to implement or not..but i am all for it..if they are physically fit they should given a chance..:cheers:

Back
Top Bottom