What's new

Erdoğan named 'Person of the Year' by Al-Jazeera survey

There are soo many people from gulen's terorist organisation in US nowadays which is very meaningfull for patriotic Turkish peoples. May be this schoolboy talked with them too much and brainwashed. They are perfect at it.

Person of the year - for what? For sacking 40k school and college teachers? For sacking or detaining 50k civil servants or employees of PSUs without trial or formal charges? For ranting about his political opponent every time he visits other countries? His antics make China look like Switzerland and the Gestapo like the staff at Disneyland.

This man currently needs extensive medical help.

Turks may or may not be cool with this but Al-Jazeera giving him such an accolade is only going to give the impression to leaders of other countries that this example should be emulated.
The only thing AKP has done good in the recent years is getting rid of gülenists, now certainly not all of them were gülenists or had only indirect contact to them but apart from that its good that they correct at least this mistake.

Well, even 6-7 years ago (in Erdogan's first innings when he was focused on development) Turkey was doing well economically, had zero law and order issues, was a role model among Muslim nations and almost certainly on the path to EU membership and open borders.

Now there is a major bombing or attack every few months, the EU plan is dead, so many people and families hurt by the relentless anti-Gulen drive and the only friend Erdogan has left internationally is Putin (himself no role model). Young Turks are desperate to get out of Turkey even though economically the country is better off than it was in the past.

I ask you : is that brainwashing as well?

Well, even 6-7 years ago (in Erdogan's first innings when he was focused on development) Turkey was doing well economically, had zero law and order issues, was a role model among Muslim nations
Right then attacks begun .The main actors were Gulen's terorists as the attackers inside.

Right then attacks begun .The main actors were Gulen's terorists as the attackers inside.

Assuming for a moment you are right and Gulen is a terrorist and planned / executed the first attacks. Is Erdogan's reaction reasonable? Does one put 125,000 people and their families in jeopardy because of a one-man terrorist group? These are Turkish citizens - your countrymen. Do you really believe that each of these 125,000 chaps are plotting with Gulen to terrorise their own country.

And if (for the sake of argument) all these 125,000 are guilty of links with Gulen - then it means many people simply do not like Erdogan and he should do some introspection as to why such a huge number of working people are opposed to him.

Assuming for a moment you are right and Gulen is a terrorist and planned / executed the first attacks.
Not assuming ,they did.
These are Turkish citizens - your countrymen. Do you really believe that each of these 125,000 chaps are plotting with Gulen to terrorise their own country.
We are talking about peoples who killed Turkish citizens .Yes killed people were my country men in an coup attempt.
Most of them escaped and didnt regret for what they did this makes them dangerious. They are not the problem of goverment or Erdogan they are the problem of Turkey.
Now most of them will go on to live at US and will become their problem.Dont worry much for them,they become world citizens like they said.

A lot of people think Erdogan has the status of a Semi- God in Turkey or something but the reality is that the majority of people don't like him and don't approve his policies. That is not a problem for him to win elections though as those who like him have a single party to give their vote for but those who are against him can choose of a lot of different parties, have different political views. Sooner or later we will get rid of him though.

ps I admit Turkey was doing pretty good under AKP all until the "Arab Spring" but in the last few years Erdogan's policies brought nothing but bad for Turkey... He made too much mistakes and bad things for this country to ever forgive him.

Not assuming ,they did.

We are talking about peoples who killed Turkish citizens .Yes killed people were my country men in an coup attempt.

On what basis do you state this as a matter of fact? If you are so right how come Gulen himself has not been charged with any serious crime or convicted in absentia - in Erdogan's own courts?

On the other hand it is a fact that Gulen and Erdogan were allies in the 2002 elections and good friends till they had a falling-out in 2011. The present obsession Erdogan has against him appears quite plainly to be an unhealthy political vendetta.

Can you speak or read Turkish? Find someone and get the right informations about on going cases.Yes there are so many crimes which his organisation has done and investigatons going on.
If you know Turkish as I think so give up to support Gulen if you are not one of them.

Um, actually a champion of human rights would care strongly about even a single detainment. I referred to more than a hundred thousand people affected. Till today none of these people (except a few military officers) have even been charged with an offence.

I'm not especially fond of Hasina but what has Hasina done that equates with Erdogan's conduct?

And if she has sacked and detained 125,000 (and counting) people - ordinary people like school teachers and college lecturers and employees of state-owned companies without trial, without reasons - then shame on her as well!

What has Erdogan done that makes you slander Erdogan? Has he placed minions as judges in the courts or has his hired thugs been filling the ballot boxes during the election drama the way your indian puppets have been doing in BD?

What has Erdogan done that makes you slander Erdogan? Has he placed minions as judges in the courts or has his hired thugs been filling the ballot boxes during the election drama the way your indian puppets have been doing in BD?

Sadly I cannot offer replies to such unsubstantiated statements.

But I will say this - whoever abuses his or her office to detain and imprison hundreds of thousands of people - especially civil employees, teachers, etc. - without charges or trial - has no business being in a position of leadership or power.

That applies squarely to Erdogan who has demonstrated clinical paranoia. If it makes you happy I am prepared to say it applies to Indira Gandhi in 1975. At least in India elections were free and fair and Indira got the boot in 1977. I don't know if the same can be said for Turkey.

I have not heard of Hasina undertake anything on this scale but as I said before if she has detained and imprisoned hundreds of thousands of people, she falls in the same category.

Sadly I cannot offer replies to such unsubstantiated statements.

But I will say this - whoever abuses his or her office to detain and imprison hundreds of thousands of people - especially civil employees, teachers, etc. - without charges or trial - has no business being in a position of leadership or power.

In india they banned Zakir Naek without a trial just for preaching his religion most peacefully through dialogue, so stop your support for the PKK terrorists. By now you should know that terrorism doesn't pay, it doesn't matter if it is committed by PKK terrorists or RSS terrorists.

In india they banned Zakir Naek without a trial just for preaching his religion most peacefully through dialogue, so stop your support for the PKK terrorists. By now you should know that terrorism doesn't pay, it doesn't matter if it is committed by PKK terrorists or RSS terrorists.
Zakir naik has got what was due for him, you need to watch some of the videos of his close associates speaking about him. I'll cut it short and say that Mr Zakir Naik was not so holy as he pretends.
it doesn't matter if it is committed by PKK terrorists or RSS terrorists.
RSS are just goons if compared to other terrorist organization that hug the front page news lately.

Zakir naik has got what was due for him,

Nope, Zakir Naek did not get what was due from fake human rights champions like you and it is only natural.

.[/QUOTE]

Back
Top Bottom