Turkey
Erdoğan is %55 rightnow, ihsanoğlu %36 demirtaş%8
kemalist will revolt again:partay:
isyan(revolt) song i love you serenay:azn:

zoruna mı gitti kardaş:lol:

Last edited:
we couldnt win ,we couldnt win against our pride:partay:
from ankara:lol:

Erdogan and his Justice party has been good for Turkish Economy.....

I know Recep Tayyip Erdogan is not too Popular with some Turkish Brothers from Big cities.

I can only share my observation as an outsider looking in.

Recep Tayyip Erdogan 'wins Turkish presidential vote'
Jump media player

"Election officials are slicing open the envelopes," reports Mark Lowen from a classroom where votes are being counted

Outgoing Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan has won his country's first direct presidential election, provisional results show.

With almost all votes counted, Mr Erdogan had won about 52%, against 38% for his main rival, officials said. He said the people had "shown their will".

Before the election Mr Erdogan said he wanted to strengthen Turkey's largely ceremonial presidency.

He is revered by supporters for boosting the economy.

But his critics lament his authoritarian approach and Islamist leanings in a secular state, says the BBC's Mark Lowen, in the Turkish capital Ankara.

Mr Erdogan had been prime minister since 2003 and was barred from standing for another term.

He needed more than 50% of the vote for an outright victory, avoiding a second round.

_76854019_023461133-1.jpg

Supporters rushed to touch Recep Tayyip Erdogan after he cast his vote in Istanbul
'Show our colours'

Our correspondent says turnout appears to be much lower than expected - some voters may have been dissuaded by the summer heat and holidays.

Turkey - wedged between the turmoil of Iraq, Syria and Ukraine - is an important ally for the West, our correspondent adds, and whoever becomes head of state will hold a key geopolitical position.

Mr Erdogan's two rivals were a little-known diplomat, Ekmeleddin Ihsanoglu, and Kurdish politician Selahattin Demirtas.

Mr Ihsanoglu, the joint candidate for the two main opposition parties in parliament, gained about 38% of the vote.

Mr Demirtas took about 9%.

In his final rally in the city of Konya on Saturday, Mr Erdogan vowed to raise Turkey's democratic standards and economic record to create a "world leader and global power".

"There is no unattainable dream or unattainable objective for this nation," he said.

just saw it, how true is this.

Mate, it's wrong to present DHKP-C as a front runner of "Gezi Protests". DHKP-C is a communist terror organization. VICE done a terrible job in this video.

Gezi Protestors were plain citizens. This video explains it better. :)

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom