What's new

England can beat India ‘every day of week’: Gough

GMSS

Reaction score
London: Former England fast bowler Darren Gough said that Mahendra Singh Dhoni`s men are champions only at home and England can beat them ‘every day of the week’.

Gough said England were the best team in the world at the moment after their innings drubbing of Australia in the fourth Ashes Test, and India`s performance in South Africa have nothing much to write about.

"For me, we`re the best team in the world at this moment. I`ve watched the South Africa-India series and I see nothing to worry about. India are fantastic in their own country and have some great individuals but I`d fancy this England side to beat them every day of the week," Gough said.

Gough said the strength and depth in the England attack is such that the Three Lions will dominate world cricket for the foreseeable future.

"This team is the Golden Generation. They are the side that is going to dominate world cricket for the next few years. I don`t know whether that is because we`re better than everybody else in sight or because we have a top-class spinner and five bowlers who could start a Test, no problem.”

"We now have so many options, especially in attack, and the reason this team is so dominant is because we have 16 players who could have started the first Test match," Gough was quoted as saying by `Sun` tabloid.

He said Andrew Strauss` heroes deserve the same accolades as those in the 2005 Ashes side, who were awarded MBEs and enjoyed an open-top bus parade through London.

"Will this team get the same reception? Probably not. Do they deserve to? I would say yes."

England can beat India ?every day of week?: Gough

London: Former England fast bowler Darren Gough said that Mahendra Singh Dhoni`s men are champions only at home and England can beat them ‘every day of the week’.

Gough said England were the best team in the world at the moment after their innings drubbing of Australia in the fourth Ashes Test, and India`s performance in South Africa have nothing much to write about.

"For me, we`re the best team in the world at this moment. I`ve watched the South Africa-India series and I see nothing to worry about. India are fantastic in their own country and have some great individuals but I`d fancy this England side to beat them every day of the week," Gough said.

Gough said the strength and depth in the England attack is such that the Three Lions will dominate world cricket for the foreseeable future.

"This team is the Golden Generation. They are the side that is going to dominate world cricket for the next few years. I don`t know whether that is because we`re better than everybody else in sight or because we have a top-class spinner and five bowlers who could start a Test, no problem.”

"We now have so many options, especially in attack, and the reason this team is so dominant is because we have 16 players who could have started the first Test match," Gough was quoted as saying by `Sun` tabloid.

He said Andrew Strauss` heroes deserve the same accolades as those in the 2005 Ashes side, who were awarded MBEs and enjoyed an open-top bus parade through London.

"Will this team get the same reception? Probably not. Do they deserve to? I would say yes."

England can beat India ?every day of week?: Gough

yeah right. goofy had always had the habit of making things large. it will be an even contest. this indian team is no push over. there is no way england can claim to defeat india every day of week.

Well I would Want to Look at his face when We come there and Kik there Arse Out of them Every single day of the week....

Yorkshires-Darren-Gough-001.jpg

yeah yeah:blah:
We beat them in their home 1-0 test series.
lost a very close series 3-2.
They lost to us in 2 test series 1-0 then got a thrashing in ODI's 5-0.
Is that how the best team plays??
:azn::rofl:

common yar they win Ashes so they are over exited :lol:

Just because the English team has beaten aussies doesnt mean they have conquered the world, the aussies have declined like the west indies and now even bangladesh can give them a run for their money.And who said england is a good side, Their captain lacks the leadership skills and tactics, kevin plays well only at random occasions, ian bell, while playing has always been a confused man, everyone knows how much sehwag and yuvraj like playing against stuart broad, flintoff is gone, swann has now become arrogant except collingwood this team lacks everything to become the world champions, and of course Gough was always a measly and clumsy player. When he left the english team improved. Lol

WIll be an excellent contest.

Though I think watching cricket is waste of time but I think this time I "will" waste my time for these two teams.

Such a statement.. deserves a cricket series to prove otherwise..
and in such a series.. I would say England should play all three former Raj colonies..
Would make a unique tour..

@santro
well i dont knw abt the rest 2
but india surely is touring england aftr world cup.
It would be a very interesting match up.
but i would agree with the fact they have a very good team now with , i believe the best bowling lineup at present.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom