What's new

Engineering Jobs in Pakistan

OptiFictious

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hello every one, I am new to this forum and need some guidance. I have just completed Telecommunication Engineering and currently in a state of confusion. I have got a job in Embedded Software Engineering (Development of 4G Cellular LTE Protocol) with a reasonable package but along with a two year bond. Keeping in view the current economic conditions of Pakistan and the scarcity of jobs, would it be wise for me to sign the bond for two years. I personally want to wait and seek for opportunities in any of telecom operators while on the other hand don't want to risk losing this one as well. I hope some one can guide in this regard about the potential careers aspects of Embedded Software development both in Pakistan and abroad.

Thanks and Regards.

Hello every one, I am new to this forum and need some guidance. I have just completed Telecommunication Engineering and currently in a state of confusion. I have got a job in Embedded Software Engineering (Development of 4G Cellular LTE Protocol) with a reasonable package but along with a two year bond. Keeping in view the current economic conditions of Pakistan and the scarcity of jobs, would it be wise for me to sign the bond for two years. I personally want to wait and seek for opportunities in any of telecom operators while on the other hand don't want to risk losing this one as well. I hope some one can guide in this regard about the potential careers aspects of Embedded Software development both in Pakistan and abroad.

Thanks and Regards.

My advice is to take the job friend. :pakistan:

"A bird in the hand is more valuable than two in a bush"

Well brother that is what I am going to do but I also want to know what can be the future prospects of pursuing career in Embedded field. I mean , I ve some plans for research & development in defense industry, would this be the right path to start ?

ihad worked as a BSS & transmission Engineer in a

reputed telecome sector vendor. i found telecome sector

as in a deep cut throat competition and also future in

telecome now a days are really not good

it is a huge competition u will hav to face and also

also u needs to be best of best for survival

in telecom jobs u need stronge refrence as expereince in

now coomon thing

u need to choose fields

such as
BSS
TXN
RF optim/ planing
NSS
NOC
OMCR
O&M
TXN plaining

etc etc

embeded field is good but here in pak it has ltl scope

as we import from west and china most of equipment
here no vlsi o FPGAs no embedded sys

most important is that pak has no fabrication lab yet
so how one think abaout the embedded industries
u have to import a tiny diode from abroad

I am really grateful for ur response but the problem is jobs now a days are really rare even for the one I am having , I have to go through a written test and three interviews. I have searched for embedded jobs demand in foreign countries and it seems its a healthy field over there. Would it be a good idea to first work for at least two years and then either go for a masters in communication (EE) abroad .

I know some Telecome Engineers who did their Final year Project on Image prcessing on Xylinx Sparten 3 FPGAs and based on this project they got the job in Suparco with starting pakage of 37K. Some Telecom Engineers find their way in Software Houses .

Embeded Systems is a versatile feild . In karachi their are almost thousands of Industeries who require Engineers who could design simulate and automate Embeded Systems based on 8051/Pic/AVR microcontrollers.
Plus their are huge numbers of jobs for Embeded systems as Programmers & coders. A simple code of only 8-10 lines can earn you 600k to 1000k . Private companies earn simillarly . Apart from this you also need alot of knowlage regarding PLCs .

In my opinion target Embeded systems and stuff related to PLCs if you want a real-time Engineering job in Pakistan. But if you want to go abroad you need to have good knowlage regarding FPGAs and the Programing in C,C++ and C#, java is a plus.

If you want an engineering Job you have to be the best and above all practically sound.

I am really grateful for ur response but the problem is jobs now a days are really rare even for the one I am having , I have to go through a written test and three interviews. I have searched for embedded jobs demand in foreign countries and it seems its a healthy field over there. Would it be a good idea to first work for at least two years and then either go for a masters in communication (EE) abroad .

Going abroad for MS is a good option .

I know some Telecome Engineers who did their Final year Project on Image prcessing on Xylinx Sparten 3 FPGAs and based on this project they got the job in Suparco with starting pakage of 37K. Some Telecom Engineers find their way in Software Houses .

Embeded Systems is a versatile feild . In karachi their are almost thousands of Industeries who require Engineers who could design simulate and automate Embeded Systems based on 8051/Pic/AVR microcontrollers.
Plus their are huge numbers of jobs for Embeded systems as Programmers & coders. A simple code of only 8-10 lines can earn you 600k to 1000k . Private companies earn simillarly . Apart from this you also need alot of knowlage regarding PLCs .

In my opinion target Embeded systems and stuff related to PLCs if you want a real-time Engineering job in Pakistan. But if you want to go abroad you need to have good knowlage regarding FPGAs and the Programing in C,C++ and C#, java is a plus.

If you want an engineering Job you have to be the best and above all practically sound.

Well I also did my project on real time Digital Signal Processing of GSM Data in C/C++ and building our own working virtual Base Station Transceiver (of any type of service provider) :). I think now I should target FPGA's coz I ve chosen embedded engineering for my career. Thanks for your information.
:pakistan:

Take the job, the defense industry is also reducing its employees intake as zardari has reduced the money allocated for SPD. I would say that you take the job and get some experience and after that apply in defense sector if there are any openings.

Are you sure that was their salary package?

Well I myself is in the process of implementing an image processing software project (titled "real time human detection and recognition"). Its in its final stages of implementation. I might as well apply in Suparco as well!

But I heard from a friend of mine (whose elder brother is in suparco) that right now jobs in suparco are freezed as all the projects are stalled due to lack of funds. Any news regarding this?

Are you sure that was their salary package?

Well I myself is in the process of implementing an image processing software project (titled "real time human detection and recognition"). Its in its final stages of implementation. I might as well apply in Suparco as well!

But I heard from a friend of mine (whose elder brother is in suparco) that right now jobs in suparco are freezed as all the projects are stalled due to lack of funds. Any news regarding this?

Well as far as I know Suparco agreed to conduct a recruitment test at out university just a month or so before our graduation but then they backed away, reason may be bcoz of the lack of funds :hitwall:.

Well as far as I know Suparco agreed to conduct a recruitment test at out university just a month or so before our graduation but then they backed away, reason may be bcoz of the lack of funds :hitwall:.

Don't forget to send Zardari a thanking letter. :hitwall::frown:

its good ist spend years tio get xperience then go for Ms
coz one now a days not knows what he has to do tomorrow total uncertainty in jobs

forget u can get a job in telecom operators till start of 3G in all over the country
and what is required is that grab the job u are offered as i telllu that in operator level there are many few engineers who easily maintain the whole network as all things are computerised
and ins uch scenrio just go to taste embedded systems as many engrs are approaching ur level day by day

About suparco if u r from uet lhr than u will gv da test at early dates in ur own uet
if from else u have to wait for add and it would come nxt year
also Suparco is good but it is vast in nature it contains

COMMS
IMAGEPROCESSING
DIGITAL ELEC
ANALOG ELEC
ARTIFICIAL intelli
and most important of all which all the kids here forgot and its the control system
if u r well versed in control sys then u can get into suparco
otherwise noway

Thanks and Regards.

I have no idea about job market in Pakistan nor I am a technical person to comment on the job profile. But I have noticed that the companies ask for sighning a bond when they spend a lot of money for valuable training new guys so that the investment dont go in waste. Try to find out what training you will receive there and how it will help your career.

BTW, these bonds are not legal actually. Bonded labours are not allowed legally. Even if you leave after sighning a bond they wont be able to sue you. They just do it to keep a pressure on employees. Better you consult an advocate regarding these.

Back
Top Bottom