What's new

Engine Life of various Jet Fighter Jet engines?

no_koadsheding_plz

Reaction score
hi
i was reading a wiki entry for WS-10A and stumbled accross this line "Chinese engines have been lasting 30 hours at a time vs 400 for the Russian originals" so that is a worring/sad figure ?
i want to know what are the engine life of various jet engines used in modern day operatoional jet fighters?
Thanks

hi
i was reading a wiki entry for WS-10A and stumbled accross this line "Chinese engines have been lasting 30 hours at a time vs 400 for the Russian originals" so that is a worring/sad figure ?
i want to know what are the engine life of various jet engines used in modern day operatoional jet fighters?
Thanks

Normal Jet engine Time Before Overhaul (TBO) is about 4000 hrs of operation....however certain more high performance engines might require a TBO of 3500 or so. Jet engines also go through a Hot section inspection every 2000 hrs which involves removal of the exhaust system only to achieve this.

There are also limitations on operating conditions such as exceeding the TIT (Turbine Inlet Temp) for certain amount of time or exceeding other engine parameters that would call for an early engine dis-assembly regardless how well the engine runs.

Back
Top Bottom