What's new

Embargoed F-16s: The untold story.

syedali73

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
This is a recent column from Mr. Rauf Klasra. I am posting it in this thread because the column is about the embargoed F-16s. Mr. Klasra tells the story behind the embargoed F-16 as it is narrated by Mrs. Abida Hussein in her recent autobiography.

x9943_50431981.jpg.pagespeed.ic.RLZPeO1XaB.jpg

This is a recent column from Mr. Rauf Klasra. I am posting it in this thread because the column is about the embargoed F-16s. Mr. Klasra tells the story behind the embargoed F-16 as it is narrated by Mrs. Abida Hussein in her recent autobiography.

View attachment 185865

No wonder why a man like Zaradri ruled us for five years and made a history.
We are a corrupt nation from top to bottom.

Irony is, when you talk about these things to any PPP or PMLN supporter, his first knee jerk reaction will be "Prove this corruption". Sadly, our motherland will continue to be robbed by these butchers, until idiots in our society start casting their votes correctly.

Please not again. This topic has been discussed a million times before. It's history - learn from it.

Well our country needs HANGING punishment for Corruption charges , the moment we introduce a law that will allow hanging of people in office , for corruption charges

All the "dirty dealing with end"

Who is this air attaché Shahid? What is his full name? I hope it is not AVM (rtd) Shahid Lateef.

Please not again. This topic has been discussed a million times before. It's history - learn from it.
Has this been discussed with reference to the information given by Mrs Abida Hussein in her biography? And who you want to learn from the history? Us? or the corrupt politicians and civil/military bureaucrats whose 'black hole' stomachs never get filled with haram money?

Who is this air attaché Shahid? What is his full name? I hope it is not AVM (rtd) Shahid Lateef.

He may be the same person but not sure. Air Attaché has no significant role in defence deals. These matters are above his pay grade.

Would appreciate a brief summary if you have the time.
Not the exact translation, but this is what I read about F-16 deal:
The US embargo meant that we weren’t getting the F-16s for which we had already paid $500 million. Another instalment of $200 million was now due and if we stopped payments altogether, we would forfeit $150 million as fine. There was no clause in the agreement about any fine the suppliers would pay if Pakistan failed to get an exemption under Pressler, this being the one-sided agreement our officials had signed.

The ambassador visits the Pentagon where she is given “full protocol” and received by Deputy Assistant Secretary Carl Ford. The latter takes out a pad and says what we needed to do was simple arithmetic. If we didn’t make the payments we would lose the 150 million plus 30 million dollars as “administrative charges”. What on earth were those for? “This was the amount deducted from the down payment by (the Pakistani interlocutors).” The penny drops. This was the amount pocketed by the go-betweens, the deal-makers. Someone in PAF or the defence establishment would know. Who were the lucky guys?

Last edited:
Well our country needs HANGING punishment for Corruption charges , the moment we introduce a law that will allow hanging of people in office , for corruption charges

All the "dirty dealing with end"

And who is going to pass that law? Same people who are making money from such deals.

Has this been discussed with reference to the information given by Mrs Abida Hussein in her biography? And who you want to learn from the history? Us? or the corrupt politicians and civil/military bureaucrats whose 'black hole' stomachs never get filled with haram money?
Shahid Latif never served as Air Attache' ...He himself was persecuted for not derailing the JF-17 Thunder Project ...He was ousted by Zardari under US pressure ....!

Back
Top Bottom