What's new

Elbit Sells Training System to Indian Army

Major Shaitan Singh

Reaction score
Country
India
Elbit Systems Ltd. announced today that it was awarded a contract valued at $32.7 million to supply an Indian army with advanced training systems for its armor and infantry forces. The project will be performed over the next three years.

The project comprises driving simulators for various armored vehicles (tracked and wheeled), and an advanced gunnery and tactical simulator. The flexibility of the solution allows training from the individual soldier's level to tactical teams and even higher hierarchies. The trainees also can configure the training session to match any combat scenario.

To maximize its cost effectiveness, the system is designed to reuse as much of the components as possible by applying a "roll in roll out" concept to both the gunnery as well as the driving simulators. The users are therefore able to reconfigure the systems with any combination of turrets they desire.

Additional unique capabilities include a smart scenario generator and large training areas at extremely high resolution for both open and urban terrains.

Yoram Shmuely, Co-General Manager of Elbit Systems' Aerospace Division, said: "This is a follow-on contract to a previous project that was successfully delivered to this customer, attesting to the satisfaction and belief in our advanced training and simulation capabilities. This award reinforces Elbit Systems' position as a world leading supplier of advanced training systems."

Elbit Systems is the leading supplier of training solutions in Israel and worldwide and has a leading position as a proven supplier of live, virtual and constructive (LVC) solution. Furthermore, Elbit Systems has fielded joint training solutions that enable its customers to conduct training of collaboration between different services (Land, Naval and Air).

Elbit Systems Ltd. is an international defense electronics company engaged in a wide range of programs throughout the world. The Company, which includes Elbit Systems and its subsidiaries, operates in the areas of aerospace, land and naval systems, command, control, communications, computers, intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance ("C4ISR"), unmanned aircraft systems ("UAS"), advanced electro-optics, electro-optic space systems, EW suites, airborne warning systems, ELINT systems, data links and military communications systems and radios.

Thats a great deal for us....but i have a question, why are we purchasing simulators for armored vehicles from Israel ? I mean we already have simulators for t90 and arjun and may be even for t72 & BMP2 and even if we don't have simulators for t72 and bmp2, why are we getting it from israel ? We should go to russia or canada.

Thats a great deal for us....but i have a question, why are we purchasing simulators for armored vehicles from Israel ? I mean we already have simulators for t90 and arjun and may be even for t72 & BMP2 and even if we don't have simulators for t72 and bmp2, why are we getting it from israel ? We should go to russia or canada.
Aren't some of the FCS' on board certain tanks from Israel??
So the gun simulators would be for these,I assume.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom