What's new

Eight F-16s the hurdles and the heartburn

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Some inside information
Regarding the 8 new F-16s, my source tells me that they are standard Block-52, which upon arrival will be inducted and sent on their mission the next day, so as to speak, it's just not viable to have small batch of aircraft with extra gadgets like the AESA.....then you will need to find and spend millions more on upgrading the rest of the fleet, besides any new system aircraft can't be utilised until you have fully trained and have mastered that platform where as the standard Block-52 will executing their training and combat duties soon after their arrival....the Block-52s have been at the forefront in campaign against the terrorists with results beyond expectations.....the Americans are also well aware of this.
@Bilal Khan 777 , I also queried on the benefits of JHMCS,... the difference is in helmet mounted display and JOINT HMCS, which is now compatible with all our F-16 fleet. It's very effective with Lima and Papa rounds as they can operate up to 45 degrees. Regarding the present situation ,hurdles created and heartburn suffering across the border, my source made an interesting comment, ''While most countries make an effort to climb the ladder, there are some who divert their time, energy and resources in trying to drag others down, thus losing their own goals in process.... such actions inspire us even more and benefit us.....similarly, if the Americans deliver the F-16s, well and good but if they don't we are not at a loss as unlike the 90s, there are other options at our disposal, the US is well aware of this and concious of the fact of losing the market as well as any leverage''. !!
Also found this interesting piece on PAF standards.

CcKD-7zW0AA5uOR_zpszvs8ojvr.jpg~original

@Oscar @Horus @MastanKhan @Irfan Baloch @MaarKhoor

Some inside information
Regarding the 8 new F-16s, my source tells me that they are standard Block-52, which upon arrival will be inducted and sent on their mission the next day, so as to speak, it's just not viable to have small batch of aircraft with extra gadgets like the AESA.....then you will need to find and spend millions more on upgrading the rest of the fleet, besides any new system aircraft can't be utilised until you have fully trained and have mastered that platform where as the standard Block-52 will executing their training and combat duties soon after their arrival....the Block-52s have been at the forefront in campaign against the terrorists with results beyond expectations.....the Americans are also well aware of this.
@Bilal Khan 777 , I also queried on the benefits of JHMCS,... the difference is in helmet mounted display and JOINT HMCS, which is now compatible with all our F-16 fleet. It's very effective with Lima and Papa rounds as they can operate up to 45 degrees. Regarding the present situation ,hurdles created and heartburn suffering across the border, my source made an interesting comment, ''While most countries make an effort to climb the ladder, there are some who divert their time, energy and resources in trying to drag others down, thus losing their own goals in process.... such actions inspire us even more and benefit us.....similarly, if the Americans deliver the F-16s, well and good but if they don't we are not at a loss as unlike the 90s, there are other options at our disposal, the US is well aware of this and concious of the fact of losing the market as well as any leverage''. !!

i thought they were the block 52+ or is it the standard 52

Some inside information

Bro I read some where these Jets have super jammers and scanners and as per info which is not officially available with technical details to protect the technology. Jammers can blind jet like SU-30 from 100 KMS and rest you know AIM-120 is quite capable. That's why US put lot of restrictions on operating countries not to disclose super gadgets... Indian knows this features also and their whining over 8 jets (actually total 24 now with previously acquired) is quite sensible, they know SU-30 can't do much against them.

The current 08 aircraft are same as the aircraft in service in Pakistan. I don't think the Pakistanis are stupid to buy 08 of different kit, and then waste the tremendous investment in I level and D level maintenance facilities. The current Blk 52 configuration is more than adequate to meet the Pakistani Air Defence, BVR air and BVR ground, and medium strike/interdiction and deep buried command bunker buster requirements.

I am familiar with Joint HMCS. JHMCS queues the radar OBS target, and AIM9 L or M seeker can be slaved with it. However it is not HOBS, which is only 9x for this platform.JHMCS is also a day sight, and needs pilot to wear NVGs to operate at night, seriously limiting aircraft manuv. to 5Gs. With NVGs, the visor projected symbology loses its efficacy. It is a CRT based helmet, with pilot exposed to tremendous magnetic field. It is aligned by magnetic aligners, and needs constant sighting and alignment. At the end of the day, it is a dated product which is on its way out.

The true High Off Boresight capability is 5th Generation tech, and in Pakistan Air Force may only be realised in JF17.

Then start or at least start practice rona dhona....when deal confirmed you people can start it instantly....:lol:
Don't take it seriously just kidding I know you are British and hate black short subcontinent people....u must be proud of your British ancestors who rule over subcontinent.

I don't think British have a dog in this fight.

Some inside information

Well we have best pilots because hardly any country trains itself to face 4 times bigger enemy. Finally we won't look for third 4.5th Generation platform if we don't get 8 F-16 in fact we are already looking for third 4.5th Generation and may have a number in mind and if USA refuses we can increase number of third 4.5th Generation which we want to get

Some inside information

Block 52 + ...not Block 52 ...with all the paraphernalia that it has ...that's the reason why the indians are getting butthurt !

And there is no hurdle as long as Kerry is there !

Some inside information

Is AIM 9X is also on Table......?
Instead of buying 8+10 aircrafts, isn't it better to buy whole batch of 18 aircrafts as single purchase? It reduces over all cost......

Then start or at least start practice rona dhona....when deal confirmed you people can start it instantly....:lol:
Don't take it seriously just kidding I know you are British and hate black short subcontinent people....u must be proud of your British ancestors who rule over subcontinent.
Na yr......

If many Pakistani and Indian members began to follow his approach, then it will make PDF a much better place....... @Blue Marlin is admirable member of PDF......

Last edited:
An unusually asinine and bitter comment from a mature poster. Can I clarify why when the poster asked a perfectly logical question. Or you might want to modify your post perhaps?
Kind regards.
A

if you say so
Please elaborate.
A

An unusually asinine and bitter comment from a mature poster. Can I clarify why when the poster asked a perfectly logical question. Or you might want to modify your post perhaps?
Kind regards.
I edited my post...it happens when you see a poster continuously jumping on each and every Pakistani defense related threads and trying hard to prove that we don't have money to buy anything...or the equipment we are purchasing have no value...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom