What's new

Hangor Class Submarine Project | Updates & Discussions

A little off track but related question... Did pakistan got its hands on hacked indian scorpene documents?

Those were not hacked but copied by someone/insider being aggrieved with the manufacturer/employer and put on a server for many months from Singapore. Then who knkws.

Maybe soon Pakistan can manufacture and sell such submarines, like JF-17.
It will earn lots of money, I believe.

I don't that is necessary. Indian nuclear submarine is not useful to Pakistan.

Maybe soon Pakistan can manufacture and sell such submarines, like JF-17.
It will earn lots of money, I believe.

I don't that is necessary. Indian nuclear submarine is not useful to Pakistan.
Submarines do not sell in the hundreds or thousands like aircrafts, most nations buy a maximum of 10, usually 2 to 4, so it is only economically viable if you already have a big demand like the German types 206, 209, 214, or French Scorpene he Russian Kilo class or now the Chinese sophisticated conventional advanced submarines..Yuan XX and Qing XX, classes , but any demand for that will go to China first..
Pakistan should make and market some 200 to 600 ton advanced shallow water submarines and market export versions of them.. there is a bigger market in this category, but they have to be technologically exceptional to get a big share of the market..

if these subs comes in without AIP and VLS. I consider not so good deal specially at ~560 USD million a pop.

AIP is hundred percentage sure, VLS is not sure.
Without VLS these subs will offer no benefit other than increasing numbers. I think the reason Pakistan went for the deal was precisely of the reason that we will get VLS since China is not too stringent about technology control when it comes to Pakistan as compared to the rest of the world.

Without VLS these subs will offer no benefit other than increasing numbers. I think the reason Pakistan went for the deal was precisely of the reason that we will get VLS since China is not too stringent about technology control when it comes to Pakistan as compared to the rest of the world.
Maybe no VLS, sir. China don't have VLS on it's own SSN either. The sub sold to Pakistan is for anti ship and anti sub role, maybe can integrate cruise missile in the future by adding extra compartment.

VLS isn't important in Pak's (or submarines in general) case. VLS can increase the range but most of what Pak intends to hit is already or will be in range of the weapons launched from the horizontal tubes. VLS can also add the "noisiness" of a sub, increase drag in some cases, increase noise due to more moving parts etc...Attack submarine are better off with just tubes, navies don't use vls for attacking other ships or subs. Vertical multi-purpose tubes can assist in specops but i doubt the navy wants to use the subs as such.

However what's more important is what/where Pak wants as its stern/planes/tail design/blade design/rudder height/location of sonars/propulsion etc...Those questions aren't being asked and i'm afraid the navy, again, will end up with a last generation piece of machine ala f22p.

During a report on KSE during IDEAS 2016 it was conformed that new Subs will be AIP, the clip is on youtube, MSA ships are now being worked on

During a report on KSE during IDEAS 2016 it was conformed that new Subs will be AIP, the clip is on youtube, MSA ships are now being worked on

can you plz share that clip ....

Back
Top Bottom