What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Rafale DM16 for the Egyptian Air Force left the assembly lines of Dassault Aviation in Bordeaux-Merignac, to reach the air base 125 Istres-Le Tubé.

ob_ecaf1d_dm16.JPG

Before delivery to the Egyptian military authorities, Rafale two-seater will have to make some flight tests to meet the specific requirements demanded by Egyptian airmen, including the establishment of the configuration "nu-nu" , normally specific to Rafale M of Navy.

he picture above (circled in red), I believe, is the Sakr MRLS Multiple Rocket Launch System license built in Egypt and is based on the Russian BM-21 MRL (different from the Pantsir in the other picture which is an air defense system). That particular set is the the tripod based unit which is the Sakr 4. There are other ones that mount on Jeeps and trucks as well.

No. It's the Amoun air defence system just stripped down for overhaul work hence the technician on the modified Sky Guard radar. Would make zero sense for rocket artillery to be in the same depot.

If you reference the systems trailer with the pictures I posted you will see that they're the same.

No. It's the Amoun air defence system just stripped down for overhaul work hence the technician on the modified Sky Guard radar. Would make zero sense for rocket artillery to be in the same depot.

If you reference the systems trailer with the pictures I posted you will see that they're the same.

Yes, everything is the same except those tubes. So are you saying these yellow tubes here...

capture-jpg.360292

...are part of this Skyguard/Amoun system? As in inside those square, launchers? Or perhaps something they install after removing the launchers to test it?

15e1cfbae45624c38a9b97bbf446b0e0.jpg

Looks to me like they took the square, missile tubes off and installed those yellow tubes for some interesting reason.

Rafale DM16 for the Egyptian Air Force left the assembly lines of Dassault Aviation in Bordeaux-Merignac, to reach the air base 125 Istres-Le Tubé.
ob_ecaf1d_dm16-jpg.360581

What a beautiful airplane.

Yes, everything is the same except those tubes. So are you saying these yellow tubes here...

capture-jpg.360292

...are part of this Skyguard/Amoun system? As in inside those square, launchers? Or perhaps something they install after removing the launchers to test it?

15e1cfbae45624c38a9b97bbf446b0e0.jpg

Looks to me like they took the square, missile tubes off and installed those yellow tubes for some interesting reason.

What a beautiful airplane.
It is more like ADVANCED AMOUN to me more that Sakr MRLS.
As you see the lifted wheels just like AMOUN , the difference is in the number of launch tubes.

It is more like ADVANCED AMOUN to me more that Sakr MRLS.
As you see the lifted wheels just like AMOUN , the difference is in the number of launch tubes.

And of course, the round, yellow tubes are a lot different than the larger, square launchers of the Amoun which stow a similar missile to the Apside (AIM-7 Sparrow). The tubes are what's causing all the confusion.

So instead of guessing and getting it wrong, I found the twitter link to the video that showed the pic of those round tubes and found out that those yellow tubes are simulation weights for testing of the units. Here's the link for the Twitter account of Jeremy Binnie, who's the Middle East and Africa editor for IHS Jane's Defense weekly.
He actually had the picture analyzed because people were thinking it was a new system integration of the Amoun.
That explains quite a bit and Frogman was right about it being stripped. We just didn't know what those tubes were for and I stand corrected. :-)

Egyptian navy seized on Saturday an Iranian boat in the Red Sea that was carrying 171 kg of drugs to smuggle them into the country , a number of cellular mobiles and some US/Iranian/Pakistani currencies and other equipment was seized

Egyptian navy seized on Saturday an Iranian boat in the Red Sea that was carrying 171 kg of drugs to smuggle them into the country , a number of cellular mobiles and some US/Iranian/Pakistani currencies and other equipment was seized

They look so poor and disheveled, poverty will make men do crazy things.

I went all the way back to page 156 until the site froze on me to see if this was posted already and didn't find anything. So if it was, I apologize, but here it goes anyway:

Single seat (Monoplace) EM01 Rafale for the EAF seen here fresh off the Dassault Aviation assembly line in Bordeaux-Merignac, on the 1st of july 2016, will perform a few flights in Bordeaux before heading to Istres Air Force Base, where more tests will be conducted, and where the Egyptian markings will be painted on.

A precise date for the delivery of the aircraft to the Egyptian Air Force has not yet been released, but according to our information, it should be early 2017.

http://www.defens-aero.com/2016/07/photos-premier-rafale-monoplace-egyptien-pris-envol.html

ob_4665e9_453524img5156.jpg

ob_86c51c_401249img5147.jpg

ob_253a4b_987204img5142.jpg

ob_da8a9d_478275img5138.jpg

^^ Looks like that pic was taken during a trip back to or from the US for maintenance during the earlier days of the Phantom in EAF service. You can tell because the Egyptian roundels are painted over and also the inner pylons are carrying travel pods (luggage containers) for the pilots on long, delivery flights.

2129237.jpg

Back
Top Bottom