What's new

Egypt and Saudi Arabia hold joint military training exercise

Falcon29

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Egypt and Saudi Arabia hold joint military training exercise - Daily News Egypt

The Egyptian Armed Forces announced on Saturday that it will participate in joint combat training with Saudi Arabia. According to an official statement by the army spokesperson, the soldiers departed to participate in the Tabouk 3 joint training exercises, comprised of infantry, artillery, armour units and air defence weapons from both nations.

The statement said the training falls within “the framework of the keenness of the Armed Forces on the integration of military relations and the exchange of experiences” with friendly neighbouring countries. Special Forces are also participating in the training, which will take place over the next several days.

The training is said to also focus on raising the technical competence of the troops and the tactical training of army officers and commanders. The training will also focus on the training of offensive operations and mutual defence between Egypt and Saudi Arabia, “which will contribute in achieving the highest level of efficiency and combat readiness”.

Egypt is also working on establishing joint training exercises with Turkey, after a military delegation was sent to Turkey on Sunday, headed by Commander in Chief Abdul Fatah Al-Sisi

The joint training programme comes at a time when the United States and over 30 other nations plan to hold naval exercises in the Gulf, set to begin on Monday. The International Mine Countermeasures Exercise (IMCME) is a multilateral exercise “with the widest possible regional and international participation to examine, practice and develop mutual maritime activity across the region to preserve freedom of navigation and promote infrastructure protection”, according to its mission statement.

Representatives from the IMCME could not confirm whether or not Egypt, Saudi Arabia or Iran would be participating in these Gulf exercises

The exercise will kick off tom, not the first one we have had many, but this time great number of troops from both sides will participate. The whole region is shaking we need to be ready all the time...

I hope to see a comprehensive coverage. just saying < already lost hope in our $h!ty media...:angry::pissed:.

I agree. I especially would like to see the air defence weapons in action too.

Seems like a mechanized desert warfare exercise, i hope there are some Pakistani observers present.

True. Good looking out. Now I can understand what the exercise was aimed at. Just curious, why do you want observers there? I think that what be a good 3 way exercise, because they need better maintaining of their equipment. Where you thinking what I was thinking? ...:D

True. Good looking out. Now I can understand what the exercise was aimed at. Just curious, why do you want observers there? I think that what be a good 3 way exercise, because they need better maintaining of their equipment. Where you thinking what I was thinking? ...:D

Pakistan should be interested in any mechanized desert warfare exercise from doctrinal and applied tactical perspective. It is a valuable information for us,as our major warfare terrain is also made up of desert and plains against India. By studying the on ground implementation of tactics,counter measures,decoys,communications, asset coordination and allocation, tactical decisions and their drawbacks we can take a critical look at our own "Offensive-Defence Doctrine".

Wars are fought according to doctrines which are defined and prepared to achieve strategic goals,which may affect the result of a war. You cannot just get up,pick up a gun and go "hey lets go to war", you will probably end up in the hole. Studying if not participating in such exercises is valuable information for us, so that our guys at National Defense University and strategic planning division, can fine tune the way we prepare for combat in the desert environment.

Pakistan should be interested in any mechanized desert warfare exercise from doctrinal and applied tactical perspective. It is a valuable information for us,as our major warfare terrain is also made up of desert and plains against India. By studying the on ground implementation of tactics,counter measures,decoys,communications, asset coordination and allocation, tactical decisions and their drawbacks we can take a critical look at our own "Offensive-Defence Doctrine".

Wars are fought according to doctrines which are defined and prepared to achieve strategic goals,which may affect the result of a war. You cannot just get up,pick up a gun and go "hey lets go to war", you will probably end up in the hole. Studying if not participating in such exercises is valuable information for us, so that our guys at National Defense University and strategic planning division, can fine tune the way we prepare for combat in the desert environment.

Great info. They don't have any joint desert exercises already in store or recently, correct? I say they should.

Back
Top Bottom