What's new

Efforts on for 1,500MW electricity for Balochistan

saiyan0321

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
QUETTA: Farmers and traders in Balochistan have faced load-shedding for long, but the government was making efforts to procure 1,500 megawatts of electricity for the province which is presently getting only 600MW, Governor Balochistan Muhammad Khan Achakzai said on Tuesday.

A delegation of Kalat district, headed by Mir Zia Langove, had called on him at the Governor House.

He suggested that farmers should also avail solar energy to cater their need.

Governor Achakzai observed that farmers and traders of Balochistan faced a difficult time for years due to multiple reasons but things are bound to change now as agriculture, trade and export activities are gaining momentum in the region.

Balochistan is being connected with international trade — particularly to Central Asia — which would directly benefit local peasants and business community of the province, he stressed.

The delegation thanked the Balochistan governor for providing funds for development schemes in the areas of Khaliqabad, Kalat and Killi Ismail, Quetta.

Published in Dawn, November 30th, 2016

http://www.dawn.com/news/1299451/efforts-on-for-1500mw-electricity-for-balochistan

Very good step. Hope its implemented as soon as possible. Electricity is and extremely important basic need of the modern world and without it, the very structure of modern society and life cannot be conceived nor possible.

@Aether @DESERT FIGHTER @That Guy @Well.wisher @WAJsal

QUETTA: Farmers and traders in Balochistan have faced load-shedding for long, but the government was making efforts to procure 1,500 megawatts of electricity for the province which is presently getting only 600MW, Governor Balochistan Muhammad Khan Achakzai said on Tuesday.

A delegation of Kalat district, headed by Mir Zia Langove, had called on him at the Governor House.

He suggested that farmers should also avail solar energy to cater their need.

Governor Achakzai observed that farmers and traders of Balochistan faced a difficult time for years due to multiple reasons but things are bound to change now as agriculture, trade and export activities are gaining momentum in the region.

Balochistan is being connected with international trade — particularly to Central Asia — which would directly benefit local peasants and business community of the province, he stressed.

The delegation thanked the Balochistan governor for providing funds for development schemes in the areas of Khaliqabad, Kalat and Killi Ismail, Quetta.

Published in Dawn, November 30th, 2016

http://www.dawn.com/news/1299451/efforts-on-for-1500mw-electricity-for-balochistan

Very good step. Hope its implemented as soon as possible. Electricity is and extremely important basic need of the modern world and without it, the very structure of modern society and life cannot be conceived nor possible.

@Aether @DESERT FIGHTER @That Guy @Well.wisher @WAJsal

Masha Allah ..

I appreciate this government at least it's better than the previous whore ppp.
Diki and soorab has also been given the status of district .
They're also working on dam in gawadar to meet energy crisis and water scarcity .

Masha Allah ..

I appreciate this government at least it's better than the previous whore ppp.
Diki and soorab has also been given the status of district .
They're also working on dam in gawadar to meet energy crisis and water scarcity .

Along with
ISLAMABAD: The federal government on Tuesday cleared, in principle, a project for installing a water purification plant in Gwadar, the nerve city for the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), aimed at meeting water requirements of the city’s industrial zone.

The Central Development Working Party (CDWP) cleared the scheme to enable the implementation agency to arrange finances for the Reverse Osmosis Sea Water Plant. Initial cost of the project has been estimated at Rs5.1 billion, which may change as it has been worked out without a detailed engineering design.

Gwadar Port to begin trade activities today

Overall, the CDWP approved seven projects worth Rs36 billion, including four projects costing Rs30 billion that were referred to the Executive Committee of National Economic Council (Ecnec) for final approval. The CDWP has powers to approve up to Rs3 billion worth of projects.

It constituted a committee, headed by Member Infrastructure Planning Commission Malik Ahmad Khan, to examine the Reverse Osmosis Sea Water Plant project.

The water purification plant is part of Early Harvest Projects of the CPEC. The government plans to make it part of the CPEC Framework Agreement. It has not allocated any funds for the project in the current fiscal year’s Public Sector Development Programme.

The CDWP cleared the scheme in order to finalise financing arrangements. It has been estimated that China will provide 90% of the financing.

The plant will have a capacity to supply five million gallons of water per day to the Gwadar city, which will meet over one-third of the requirement. Reverse osmosis is a water purification technology that uses a semi-permeable membrane to remove ions, molecules and large particles from the drinking water.

The city’s total water requirement has been estimated at 14 million gallons per day. At present, two million gallons are being supplied from the Ankara Kaur Dam and two million gallons from the Balochistan Development Authority’s desalination plant.

However, the government has had a bitter experience of running desalination plants and there is a possibility the new plant will be handed over to a private investor on a turnkey basis, said an official of the planning ministry.

Additional health plans

The CDWP approved five health projects valuing Rs22.7 billion. It referred Sindh’s immunisation support programme costing Rs8 billion to Ecnec for approval.

It also sent two projects of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa and Balochistan to Ecnec. These are expanded immunisation programmes worth Rs6.6 billion for Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa and Rs7.3 billion for Balochistan.

All the three immunisation projects are aimed at preventing children from nine diseases including childhood tuberculosis, poliomyelitis, diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus, hepatitis-B, haemophilus influenza, measles and pneumonia.

g130112016-1480446625.jpg

The meeting approved the establishment of a unit for shredding, sterilisation and disposal of medical waste of the Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS) Islamabad at a cost of Rs199 million. It also approved the establishment of a children’s hospital in Bahawalpur costing Rs519 million.

Gwadar Port to begin trade activities today

It recommended the seventh secondary transmission and grid station project worth Rs8.6 billion to Ecnec. The project will provide adequate facilities for reliable and stable supply of electrical power to meet the growing demand of domestic, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers of Gujranwala Power Distribution Company.

The CDWP also approved three position papers including that for the extension of Right Bank Outfall Drain (RBOD) from Sehwan to the sea at a cost of Rs61.9 billion, Balochistan effluent disposal into the RBOD worth Rs10.8 billion and Lower Indus Right Bank Irrigation and Drainage Project stage-1 worth Rs17.5 billion. These projects are already at the implementation stage and are examples of poor project management. Their execution began during the General Musharraf’s tenure. Implementation agencies launched the schemes without proper designs, resulting in frequent changes in their cost and scope.

Published in The Express Tribune, November 30th, 2016.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/1248615...green-lights-gwadar-water-purification-plant/

I really hope they complete all these projects. It will go a long long way.

PPP is nothing. PPP is piss. I hate PPP. Those that vote for them need their heads examined. I cannot tell you how much I hate PPP.

In sha Allah .. They'll be completed soon ..

Thanks for the detail info.

Is there any educational programmes too in gawadar?
In my information, there'll be some hospitals and schools to be built ??

Good initiative. Hope we meet the demand of electricity. Our energy demand is increasing every day. We should also build few dams in Baluchistan. We should concentrate more on Balochistan.

In sha Allah .. They'll be completed soon ..

Thanks for the detail info.

Is there any educational programmes too in gawadar?
In my information, there'll be some hospitals and schools to be built ??

I read in the news as well some time ago but there has been no recent update. The that worries me about the Baluchistan provincial govt is that they have fallen behind in the education sector and this cannot be allowed.

Its the last year so maybe they will tale positive steps towards making education common to everybody everywhere.

Here I found something.

QUETTA: Efforts are being made to establish a university in Gwadar as it is becoming an economic hub of the country, said the chairman of the Senate’s standing committee on water and power, Senator Sardar Yaqoob Khan Nasar, on Tuesday.

Sardar Nasar, who is also vice president of the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz, said that Gwadar would become an industrial town because of the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) project and would play an important role in the economic development of the country.

Talking to the media, he said transportation of Chinese goods from Kashgar to Gwadar through the proposed western route proved that the law and order situation had improved in the region.

He said the federal government had taken measures to set up a university and vocational institute in Gwadar for higher education of the youth of Balochistan.

He added that CPEC would open new doors of progress and prosperity for Balochistan.

“CPEC will bring prosperity not only for Pakistan but for the entire region,” said the senator, adding that CPEC was connected with neighbouring countries to facilitate them to export their trade items through Gwadar — which would generate income for Pakistan.

Published in Dawn November 30th, 2016

http://www.dawn.com/news/1299539/pml-n-senator-says-varsity-to-be-set-up-in-gwadar

I really hope they fulfil this promise. Not everybody can move to Quetta for university education. Need a place in southern Baluchistan as well and then slowly expand to all districts.

If there is even one district that does not have a university in all of pakistan then its a blight on our name and education system. Colleges and universities are a must.

I read in the news as well some time ago but there has been no recent update. The that worries me about the Baluchistan provincial govt is that they have fallen behind in the education sector and this cannot be allowed.

Its the last year so maybe they will tale positive steps towards making education common to everybody everywhere.

Here I found something.

QUETTA: Efforts are being made to establish a university in Gwadar as it is becoming an economic hub of the country, said the chairman of the Senate’s standing committee on water and power, Senator Sardar Yaqoob Khan Nasar, on Tuesday.

Sardar Nasar, who is also vice president of the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz, said that Gwadar would become an industrial town because of the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) project and would play an important role in the economic development of the country.

Talking to the media, he said transportation of Chinese goods from Kashgar to Gwadar through the proposed western route proved that the law and order situation had improved in the region.

He said the federal government had taken measures to set up a university and vocational institute in Gwadar for higher education of the youth of Balochistan.

He added that CPEC would open new doors of progress and prosperity for Balochistan.

“CPEC will bring prosperity not only for Pakistan but for the entire region,” said the senator, adding that CPEC was connected with neighbouring countries to facilitate them to export their trade items through Gwadar — which would generate income for Pakistan.

Published in Dawn November 30th, 2016

http://www.dawn.com/news/1299539/pml-n-senator-says-varsity-to-be-set-up-in-gwadar

I really hope they fulfil this promise. Not everybody can move to Quetta for university education. Need a place in southern Baluchistan as well and then slowly expand to all districts.

If there is even one district that does not have a university in all of pakistan then its a blight on our name and education system. Colleges and universities are a must.
Thankyou
I hope too ..
Gawadar is rich but yet so poor . People are also very peaceful , they're not separatists etc .
You know there's only one university in whole gawadar and it's a shame and its in very poor condition , less populated i have seen it . Makran division is so rich in resources masha Allah but they need all necessaries like other pakistan.

They also move to Quetta to get better jobs , because there's no jobs available in other ALL balochistan.
Yet they bear it silently. I hope cpec woukd change the future of balochistan.

But I've a concern , I saw this report .
CrpeFF3W8AAx5U5.jpg

Where the jobs required from balochistan is less than other three big provinces .

Thankyou
I hope too ..
Gawadar is rich but yet so poor . People are also very peaceful , they're not separatists etc .
You know there's only one university in whole gawadar and it's a shame and its in very poor condition , less populated i have seen it . Makran division is so rich in resources masha Allah but they need all necessaries like other pakistan.

They also move to Quetta to get better jobs , because there's no jobs available in other ALL balochistan.
Yet they bear it silently. I hope cpec woukd change the future of balochistan.

But I've a concern , I saw this report . View attachment 356778

Where the jobs required from balochistan is less than other three big provinces .

Are you from Balochistan? From where? How is the condition of load shedding in Balochistan??

Also which regions are the bastion of separatism that we need to focus on?

Hmmmm

I quite frankly don't know the layout of projects and their info as others far more knowledgable about this are here.but I do know that shahbaz is trying his best to get every project into CPEC.

No, Baluchistan needs more projects even if its not CPEC then provincial and federal bcz two things were highlighted before about FATA and Baluchistan that if we are to beat and end terrorism then development and education and basic requirements must be provided pronto.

When the operation was beginning in FATA in 2014 I often mentioned that the success of this operation will depend on the government and their development in those areas. Otherwise the cycle will continue.

The provincial and federal government must pick up the pace. Make the capital grand and along with that spread development in other areas.

Let's face it. If 44% of your land is not being utilized or developed, then we are not going anywhere.

Are you from Balochistan? From where? How is the condition of load shedding in Balochistan??

He is from Baluchistan.

Yes I'm from quetta , but my father serves in a higher government position so I get to visit and know about other far areas .

Living in quetta , I notice load shedding is decreased than in previous government. But it also depends on areas , cantt area is much better , not much so issue on load shedding . Hazara area is also better , they get around 3 hours load shedding maximum , ( my aunt lives there ) Jinnah pushtun majority area is also better but less than Canttonment.

But the majority baloch areas like sariab road , sabzal road, Arif gilli and raisani road man they're not better in anything . Though load shedding improved than previous government but those areas need specific attention than other ones . Target killing is also happening there .

For separatists, don't worry about pashtun majority areas .
Kharan , dera bugti, panjgur are sensitive areas .
I've lived in kharan , can you imagine the most educated people over there are also separatists ??
One person got killed there for opening a educational institution there but there was no any one headline about him . Since there's no education there in my information.
Dera bugti is the place where people are daily arrested or you see fararis dropping guns .
Panjgur is also a soft spot, hears some unhappy incidents over there too .
These are 3 areas I know personally.

Khuzdar also comes in consideration as there are reports about the presence of isis , and other terrorist organisations.

Hmmmm

I quite frankly don't know the layout of projects and their info as others far more knowledgable about this are here.but I do know that shahbaz is trying his best to get every project into CPEC.

No, Baluchistan needs more projects even if its not CPEC then provincial and federal bcz two things were highlighted before about FATA and Baluchistan that if we are to beat and end terrorism then development and education and basic requirements must be provided pronto.

When the operation was beginning in FATA in 2014 I often mentioned that the success of this operation will depend on the government and their development in those areas. Otherwise the cycle will continue.

The provincial and federal government must pick up the pace. Make the capital grand and along with that spread development in other areas.

Let's face it. If 44% of your land is not being utilized or developed, then we are not going anywhere.

He is from Baluchistan.

Yes you're right .
Balochistan needs more than any other provinces .

I recommend you visit twitter account of Sardar akhtar Jan mengal , he provides some valuable information.

He is from Baluchistan.
*she

All these goodies makes us feel good but i still don't see any reason why government is getting credit for all the development? They are in government for third time now and only now they realise all the discrimination done with the people of Balouchistan ? Only now they allocate this budget? Why All this only after the investment made by China on CPEC and after Army pressure?

Govt. should take solid and proactive steps to solve these problems of our Balochi Brothers... :pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom