What's new

Economic Development in Azerbaijan

Hi, what is Azeri current car production rate and capacity?

Regular Car production is pretty much non existent, however there is Bus, Truck and Farming Equipment production which reaches level of 500 units a year, so 10,000 cars will be massive increase.

what is the averege salary in ajerbejan for mounth?

around 1000 USD in Baku, and 400 - 500 in regions outside.

In 90's I used to work with Azeri bros. Our company had a few of 'em. They used to work till end of 90's. 97-99 they have back to Azerbaijan. At the beginning of 2000's Azerbaijan has started to grow rapidly. I heard that our Azeri bros started to make more money than work at Turkiye.

That's the why I like Azeri people. I remember they call "bala" for the children...

Last edited:
oil prices

"beggining"

Yeah Azerbaijan is one of the biggest oil exporter and their economy based on oil trade but Azerbaijan has been growing.

I am on my mobile. I have some spelling mistakes. This autocorrect thing doesn't work properly.

Yeah Azerbaijan is one of the biggest oil exporter and their economy based on oil trade but Azerbaijan has been growing.

I am on my mobile. I have some spelling mistakes. This autocorrect thing doesn't work properly.

no worries,just sayin' that the message can come out wrong.Top of the morning to you.

Silk Way West Airlines Launches Direct Flights to Chicago

Silk Way West Airlines opened direct cargo flights between Baku and the largest transportation hub in the United States -- Chicago (Illinois).

The first flight from Heydar Aliyev International Airport to O'Hare International Airport was carried out on September 18.

Starting from October 2016, regular transatlantic flights of Silk Way West Airlines on this route will be operated twice a week with one of the most modern cargo aircrafts -- Boeing 747-8F Freighter.

Thus, the airline will further increase its presence in the freight transportation market in the United States.

It should be noted that on April 6, 2016 the governments of Azerbaijan and the United States signed Open Skies air transport agreement, which allowed to liberalize air transport market between the two countries.

Silk Way West Airlines operates regular flights to various regions of the world -- Asia, Europe, the Middle East and North America, using the Heydar Aliyev International Airport as a transit hub, connecting the continents with one another. Today, Azerbaijan's civil aviation has announced itself as the official air carrier of the Great Silk Road project connecting East and West.

http://www.aviationpros.com/news/12260892/silk-way-west-airlines-launches-direct-flights-to-chicago

171519.jpg

BP’s 2015 contracts in Azerbaijan worth $1B

BP together with its co-venturers in Azerbaijan signed new long-term contracts with 131 local companies in 2015, worth about $1.09 billion.

According to the BP Sustainability Report 2015, presented in Baku Sept. 30, the company worked with 238 local companies and individuals in Azerbaijan in 2015, of which 78 percent were small and medium sized enterprises.

“Our joint operations and projects expenditure in Azerbaijan totaled nearly $2.67 billion in 2015, which is the same as in 2014,” reads the BP report. “As part of this, our in-country operations-only expenditure with local suppliers in Azerbaijan was about $1.54 billion.”

BP is the largest foreign investor in Azerbaijan's oil and gas sector and the operator of the block of Azeri-Chirag-Gunashli offshore oil and gas fields, as well as Shah Deniz gas and condensate field.

BP is also a member of such pipeline projects as the Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan and South Caucasus Gas Pipeline.

http://www.azernews.az/business/103080.html

Bulgaria to join Azerbaijan’s largest telecom project

Bulgaria will join the construction of the Azerbaijan-initiated Trans-Eurasian Information Super Highway (TASIM).

The preliminary agreement on cooperation within this project was reached at the fourth session of the Azerbaijan-Bulgaria Intergovernmental Commission on Trade and Economic, Scientific and Technical Cooperation, held in Baku.

The parties agreed to study the possibility of using telecommunication networks of Bulgarian communication operators as the segments of the TASIM.

Construction of TASIM envisages the creation of a major transit link from Frankfurt to Hong Kong.

Russia (Rostelecom), Kazakhstan (KazTransCom), Turkey (TurkTelecom) and China (China Telecom) are also involved in TASIM project.

Azerbaijan is represented in the project by AzInTelecom (formerly the International Relations and Accounting Center of the Ministry of Communications and High Technologies).

http://en.trend.az/business/it/2667243.html

BP’s 2015 contracts in Azerbaijan worth $1B

BP together with its co-venturers in Azerbaijan signed new long-term contracts with 131 local companies in 2015, worth about $1.09 billion.

According to the BP Sustainability Report 2015, presented in Baku Sept. 30, the company worked with 238 local companies and individuals in Azerbaijan in 2015, of which 78 percent were small and medium sized enterprises.

“Our joint operations and projects expenditure in Azerbaijan totaled nearly $2.67 billion in 2015, which is the same as in 2014,” reads the BP report. “As part of this, our in-country operations-only expenditure with local suppliers in Azerbaijan was about $1.54 billion.”

BP is the largest foreign investor in Azerbaijan's oil and gas sector and the operator of the block of Azeri-Chirag-Gunashli offshore oil and gas fields, as well as Shah Deniz gas and condensate field.

BP is also a member of such pipeline projects as the Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan and South Caucasus Gas Pipeline.

http://www.azernews.az/business/103080.html

Bulgaria to join Azerbaijan’s largest telecom project

Bulgaria will join the construction of the Azerbaijan-initiated Trans-Eurasian Information Super Highway (TASIM).

The preliminary agreement on cooperation within this project was reached at the fourth session of the Azerbaijan-Bulgaria Intergovernmental Commission on Trade and Economic, Scientific and Technical Cooperation, held in Baku.

The parties agreed to study the possibility of using telecommunication networks of Bulgarian communication operators as the segments of the TASIM.

Construction of TASIM envisages the creation of a major transit link from Frankfurt to Hong Kong.

Russia (Rostelecom), Kazakhstan (KazTransCom), Turkey (TurkTelecom) and China (China Telecom) are also involved in TASIM project.

Azerbaijan is represented in the project by AzInTelecom (formerly the International Relations and Accounting Center of the Ministry of Communications and High Technologies).

http://en.trend.az/business/it/2667243.html

Friend, Have there been any recent meetings and/or details about the north south transport corridor that will link Azerbaijan to Indian Ocean through iran....and also link up to Russia and beyond?

@SOHEIL

Friend, Have there been any recent meetings and/or details about the north south transport corridor that will link Azerbaijan to Indian Ocean through iran....and also link up to Russia and beyond?

@SOHEIL

I don't see any need for more meetings? Russian, Azerbaijani and Iranian presidents all met in Baku and agreed on the fast implementation of the project. The connection between Azerbaijan and Iran is U/C already and will be ready by end of this year. Baku Port is also part of North South Corridor and already expanding.

Baku - Tbilisi - Kars will also be ready, so India has another route to European markets as well

I don't see any need for more meetings? Russian, Azerbaijani and Iranian presidents all met in Baku and agreed on the fast implementation of the project. The connection between Azerbaijan and Iran is U/C already and will be ready by end of this year. Baku Port is also part of North South Corridor and already expanding.

Baku - Tbilisi - Kars will also be ready, so India has another route to European markets as well

Great to hear this (that it was comprehensive action meeting). I just saw it mentioned somewhere and did not look into the details. Full steam ahead.

BTW, how long are Azeri current oil reserves expected to last? Also is there any significant gas production/reserves in the fields as well?

Great to hear this (that it was comprehensive action meeting). I just saw it mentioned somewhere and did not look into the details. Full steam ahead.

BTW, how long are Azeri current oil reserves expected to last? Also is there any significant gas production/reserves in the fields as well?

Azerbaijan oil reserves without further findings will last for at least 2 more decades,
Azerbaijan currently has the biggest gas development project in the world (Southern Gas Corridor), production will hit 60bcm by 2025 and then Shah Deniz 3 will add even more production.

Shah Deniz is one of the largest gas fields in the world.

Azerbaijan is currently doing research with Germany on new hydrocarbons from mud volcanoes, Azerbaijan has 90% of world's mud volcanoes (for some reason XD)

a lot of development for a small country in energy sector.

Last edited:
Shah Deniz is the world biggest single gas field.

I think that would be Iran's (and Qatar's) South Pars gas field which is nearly 30 times larger than Shah Deniz. Maybe you meant largest field in Azerbaijan?

Back
Top Bottom