What's new

Eat safe: PFA issues grade report for 85 city restaurants.

Moonlight

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1451776796.677762.jpg

LAHORE:
The Punjab Food Authority (PFA) has issued a list of over 80 food outlets graded according to the quality of their food.

PFA Director General Dr Sajjad Chauhan said the authority would eventually extend the grading system to all districts of the province. The authority has completed grading of around 85 restaurants. Out of them, 38 are Category A, having zero risk associated with them. In the B Category, there are 31 restaurants. A total of 12 restaurants are in Category C and four in Category D.

The scale divides eateries into A, B, C, and D categories based on their score in the range of 60 and 100. Category A restaurants will have a score of 90 or above. Their food will be certified by the PFA as having zero risk associated with it. The food served at eateries in Category B (a score of 80 to 89) will be certified as carrying negligible risk. Food in Category C eateries with a score between 70 and 79 will be medium risk. Category D restaurants with a score between 60 and 69 have been graded low risk.

The PFA will seal all eateries with a score below 60 (high risk category).

The grading system will also be used to develop a schedule for inspection of restaurants. The guidelines say that Category A eateries will be inspected every three months, Category B every two months, Category C every month and Category D every fortnight. According to the website, the Salt’n Pepper Village Restaurant, MM Alam Road has the highest score of 100. Further on the list are: Bundu Khan Restaurant, Johar Town and Liberty Market; Jack The Rebel, Johar Town; Optp, Johar Town; KFC Restaurant, Johar Town; McDonald’s, Model Town Link Road; and Hardee’s, MM Alam Road; with 95 marks. Timmy’s – Pizza, Shakes, Burger, Canal Road; Sarpino’s Pizzeria, Johar Town; Bar BQ Tonight, Mehmood Kasuri Road; Cafe Aylanto, MM Alam Road; and Freddy’s Café, MM Alam Road; have scored 92 each.

Similarly, Domino’s Pizza, Opposite Bahria Town Sector A; Chick Factory, Shalimar Link Road; KFC, The Mall Road; Chili Chutney, Johar Town; Gloria Jean’s Coffees, Johar Town; Balochi Sajji, Gaddafi Stadium; Red Lotus and Lahore Gates in Hospitality Inn Hotel, Egerton Road; NY212 Pizza, Johar Town; Page 102, MM Alam Road; Alfredo the Grill, MM Alam Road; La Rousse Cucina, MM Alam Road; Domino’s Pizza, Johar Town; Cinnabon Bakery Café, Mehmood Ali Kasuri Road; McDonald’s, MM Alam Road; Al Nakhal, Johar Town; Subway, MM Alam Road; Cock ‘N’ Bull, Johar Town; Optp, MM Alam Road; Hardee’s, Thokar Niaz Baig; and X2, Gulberg II got 90 scores. All these restaurants fall under category A and have no risk associated with their products.

Talking to The Express Tribune, Restaurant Owners’ Association president Kamran Sheikh said the system was confusing. “How could a restaurant move into Category A even if it had previously been sealed or fined?” he asked.

Published in The Express Tribune, January 3rd, 2016. By Imran Adnan.

@Zibago @Mariam-Watto @war&peace

Nice Idea and would love to see this implemented all over Pakistan as it will improve the standard of food as every hotel owner will try to be in higher grade and would also make it easy for food lover to chose their fav place. I used to read the reviews of people in trip advisor to find the quality restaurants in different city. Is ayesha mumtaz still the director operation of PFA?

Nice Idea and would love to see this implemented all over Pakistan as it will improve the standard of food as every hotel owner will try to be in higher grade and would also make it easy for food lover to chose their fav place. I used to read the reviews of people in trip advisor to find the quality restaurants in different city. Is ayesha mumtaz still the director operation of PFA?

Yeah I really hope so. And yes she is the current director of PFA. :)

next week Imran will reveal (with Sheikho whispering in his ears) how much PMLN received from these restaurants to be in the list.

next week Imran will reveal (with Sheikho whispering in his ears) how much PMLN received from these restaurants to be in the list.

But sheikho is not seen around him as frequently as he used to be.
Seemingly, your prediction is gonna be just like the 'sheikho's prediction.' Never comes true. :p
Or maybe once in a blue moon.

just curious... in which category, the restaurant is listed, where KHOTA dishes are available... any idea

But sheikho is not seen around him as frequently as he used to be.
Seemingly, your prediction is gonna be just like the 'sheikho's prediction.' Never comes true. :p
Or maybe once in a blue moon.

so "Even Sheikho" ditched Imran?
thats the saddest news of 2016

don't knw wat happen to ppl of Pakistan since I left... everybody eats, but nobody wanna talk about it... it hurts...:secret:

That's really disgusting. Everybody eats? Like they choose to eat it. No. Unfortunately, this unthinkable incident did happen. But now we need to stop talking about it. Enough of it.

Good initiative.At least they are trying.Whatever is the driving force against this resolve ,does not matter much when a system starts to work.
whd-poster.jpg

These food outlets must see more frequent visits from food inspectors to keep this rating/grading etc updated.It can be made mandatory for these hotels /restaurants to prominently display it with their signboards for the general public.

so "Even Sheikho" ditched Imran?
thats the saddest news of 2016

Sheikho was never officially with him. :D so no point of ditching.
He was like a supporter and/or supported his ideology.

That's really disgusting. Everybody eats? Like they choose to eat it. No. Unfortunately, this unthinkable incident did happen. But now we need to stop talking about it. Enough of it.
kabooter bili ko dekh kar aankhen band kr leta he... jaise aankhen band karne se bili ghaayeb ho jaaye gi... :)

Sheikho was never officially with him. :D so no point of ditching.
He was like a supporter and/or supported his ideology.

really!! so I guess you werent watching the Dharna telecasts, All of Imran prediction/revalations came as Sheikho whispered in his ears....the best one I liked was "Pakistan se 126 billion dollars corruption money her saal bahir ja rehi hay"

don't knw wat happen to ppl of Pakistan since I left... everybody eats, but nobody wanna talk about it... it hurts...:secret:

Actually it happens everywhere in restaurants, there was a news in canada where restaurants were serving horse meat. been told by McDonald worker what disgusting things their kitchen crew does to some sandwiches. Its a known wisdom to always be nice to your waiter/waitress otherwise some crap will happen to your food. Where there are people there is something disgusting happening.

really!! so I guess you werent watching the Dharna telecasts, All of Imran prediction/revalations came as Sheikho whispered in his ears....the best one I liked was "Pakistan se 126 billion dollars corruption money her saal bahir ja rehi hay"

I did watch. But after the dharna, things were quite different. Rahen juda ho gae Thi lol. And who actually relies on sheikho's prediction? This guy just say whatever comes up to his mind and crosses his fingers and hope, it comes true one day. ONE DAY!

Back
Top Bottom