What's new

Driving habits in Pakistan

traffic police's main objective is to extort bribe money , Govt itself is involved in this Mafia ..

no Laws are in place . small little boys are riding motorcycles like crazy ... no helmets or anything ..

even the cars are 10th grade quality with no safety features ..

I was driving , a rickshaw was coming to my right direction , I moved to left but then suddenly a friend called me , I looked at my mobile at my left side . I was leaning to mobile .. and DAAH !! I hit a motorcycle . Three old man fell down .

I drive forward , looked at back mirror . Those men were fine , they stood up . I moved forward . The end .

I see people in my home town KPK driving reckless thinking their stupidity makes them PRO DRIVERS. A broad when i start driving and people start driving either too slow or reckless driving. Drivers like me can get very annoyed when im driving 120 km per hour and a defensive driver comes in front of you and drives slow makes me mad and makes me wish i had Monster truck to crush coz because of these people also people get angry start. Especially women's and Indians :agree:

I'm a woman and I ain't a good driver .
I can drive well in area like cantt . But not in city .
I was once going to shopping and I hit a car slightly , it scratched his car . He became angry , he angrily came out of car but when saw I'm a girl, he confusedly said ' baaji ye kya kia .. baaji.. Mera car ko scratch kr diar baaji ... ye kya kia ' . :lol: and went away .. its the benefit of being a woman driver . Back then I thought to do it again so he may get his answer what I did to his car . :lol:

And I also hit a motorcycle . I was heading to right but suddenly directed to upward direction , ek motorcycle ko zor se car lagi , he fell down with his motorcycle . Mjhy to kuch nhi kaha , but he fought with my servant and slapped him :( .

And I also broke one side mirror completely .

What exactly is it about Islamabad that makes it so much better. Can you please provide a list of reasons?
I wouldn't say Islamabad traffic is great but comparing to Rawalpindi it's certainly better. Only due to wider road and not so much congestion. If you go to areas like Karachi company then it's no different to the rest of the country

I was driving , a rickshaw was coming to my right direction , I moved to left but then suddenly a friend called me , I looked at my mobile at my left side . I was leaning to mobile .. and DAAH !! I hit a motorcycle . Three old man fell down .

I drive forward , looked at back mirror . Those men were fine , they stood up . I moved forward . The end .

I was once going to shopping and I hit a car slightly , it scratched his car . He became angry , he angrily came out of car but when saw I'm a girl, he confusedly said ' baaji ye kya kia .. baaji.. Mera car ko scratch kr diar baaji ... ye kya kia ' . :lol: and went away .. its the benefit of being a woman driver . Back then I thought to do it again so he may get his answer what I did to his car . :lol:

And I also hit a motorcycle . I was heading to right but suddenly directed to upward direction , ek motorcycle ko zor se car lagi , he fell down with his motorcycle . Mjhy to kuch nhi kaha , but he fought with my servant and slapped him :( .

Members of Pakistan Defence forum, read the post I quoted. This is why I started this thread. This member illustrates some scenarios I see.

She has a non chalant attitude towards driving as she herself quoted. Note the smiley faces when she knew she could get away with it for being a bad driver because shes a woman. Or the lack of regret for scratching the car and stating even jokingly that she would do it again. I realize it was a slight scratch, but its about the principle

Why the careless attitude and lack of regret?

Why are we like this?

I know the culture of safety when driving in pakistan is not present, due to lack of education and rules of the road are not followed, due to lack of law enforcement.

I understand there are many reasons for this including illiteracy, corruption, lack of funds, and quite simply, the lack of 'road safety mindset'

But how are the people who drive in pakistan so reckless and impatient. It has always baffled me. Like people die violent deaths routinely in busy traffic areas, but nobody takes heed. Just the other day a rickshaw driver tried to outrun a train and as a result, 6 or 7 children died. He couldn't wait 1-2 mins for the train to pass? Nobody drives in the lane. I get that traffic is bad and people are in a hurry, but come on.

DISCLAIMER: I can only speak for Karachi and some parts of Punjab. I have not been all over the country, so I dont know about everywhere. [Redacted]

Please dont roast me, I'm just asking a question and looking for an answer to the question, respectfully

It's more to do with lack of respect for the system that has mostly grown out of no sense of responsibility. In Pakistan we are taught "nanni munni pyari tetli" but nobody bothers teaching those school kids about what their responsibilities are as kids, as students and as citizens of the state

Our curriculum is written by those who have bought degrees to become ministers or got their degrees by using "copy pasta" techniques.

Our TV shows will glorify on our past or telecast completely clueless shows, retarded anchors are sitting making fool out of this nation. No tv show will try to induce a single sense of responsibility in its viewer but rather would try to portray how to be responsible. I haven't seen any TV show that does that kind of job.

There is no training for new parents, we all rely on our parent's knowledge and family elders', for bringing up of our children. It's more like every family is running its own natural evolution gene pool due to the lack of a central organization to educate those parents on how to take necessary steps to make their kids a good human being as well as a good citizen.

Mosques and Madrassahs haven't done much in this regard as well, they haven't derived any literature from Quran for the common person to educate more on common things rather just worrying about their Aakhira.

What exactly is it about Islamabad that makes it so much better. Can you please provide a list of reasons?
Almost got wrecked on motorway today.

I had the indicator on .. Was overtaking and this asshole just suddenly tried to overtake me ... I couldn't brake as I was at 130 (cruise control)... Thankfully this asshole stopped and turned left or else it would have been a collision...

Another thing I noticed even on motorways ... Some assholez don't let people overtake ... Despite the approaching vehicle havin a higher speed they just won't gtfo of the fsst/overtaking lane..

:astagh: Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajiun :astagh: Ya Allah hamay auratoon k shar say mehfooz rakh :astagh:

Einstein "&" is not considered a word and I'm surprised that you are born and raised in USA
It's a logogram, which represents the conjunction "and" which is a word. So in this case you technically used four words, one represented by a logogram.

Members of Pakistan Defence forum, read the post I quoted. This is why I started this thread. This member illustrates some scenarios I see.

She has a non chalant attitude towards driving as she herself quoted. Note the smiley faces when she knew she could get away with it for being a bad driver because shes a woman. Or the lack of regret for scratching the car and stating even jokingly that she would do it again. I realize it was a slight scratch, but its about the principle

Why the careless attitude and lack of regret?

Why are we like this?
Pareshan to ese ho rhy hin jese me ne ap ki gari scratch kr Di . :cry:
Yes , all members should read this and should be extra cautious when they see a woman driving . :agree:..
You know we mostly drive without license , you can also show this post to police . :lol:
License se ek bat yad aai .
Once I left one of my relative to his home , I was going back to my home and stopped at a check post , the soldier asked me to show my card , I showed him , I was driving manual car at that time and the problem with manual is that when you leave brake , it moves backward . A car was behind mine, whenever I was leaving brake , car was moving backward and I feared that I may hit his car . I got worried so I told the soldier k foji bhai plz tell him k thora pichy kare apni car ko mjhy gari a gay barhani, he ordered him to move back his car . I was moving forward that the soldier asked me , driving license nhi ha ??
I was like 'ah , phans gaii ' :fie:... I smiled at him and said ' nhi , mere pas to license nhi .. ap k pass ha ?? ' .. and I driver forward :smokin:..

Woh mu takta reh gya .. :lol:

And one more important thing :

Ghlti hmesha driver ki nhi hoti, sometimes log Jan boojh k b samny ate hain take ap se pese le saken . It happens most of time .
:astagh: Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajiun :astagh: Ya Allah hamay auratoon k shar say mehfooz rakh :astagh:

Arry nhi bhai . ALLAH maaf kre.. I never hit any human alhamdulillah. Only some cars and motorcycles when I was learning driving .

Allah ka shukr ha , now I font drive anymore . :P

Allah hum sub ko mehfooz rakhy .

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom