What's new

Dreaming of Kashmir? Worry about Karachi...

Status
Not open for further replies.

guyhandz

Reaction score
Country
India
WASHINGTON: Police and Secret Service personnel had to intervene to physically separate Mohajir protesters and Pakistan military loyalists after a demonstration in front of the White House on Saturday by the Muttahida Quami Movement+(MQM), which mostly represents ethnic Pakistani migrants from India, turned into a fracas.

A large demonstration of MQM workers from all across US marched in front of the White House after a party convention held in Washington DC that was addressed via video link by MQM chief Altaf Hussain+ , who has been in exile in London for nearly two decades. Hussain and his followers exhorted the Obama administration to intervene to stop the "rampant killing" of Mohajirs+ in Karachi by the Punjabi-dominated Pakistani military. Hussain, who is completely blacked out in the Pakistani media and is considered a fugitive by the Pakisani establishment, urged the "mother of all democracies" to take note of the excesses of the Pakistani army that has resulted in the "cold-blooded murder" of thousands of party activists.

Maintaining that MQM was the only liberal, secular political party in Pakistan, he urged the Obama administration to send observers to Karachi to monitor the human rights violations+ , arguing if Washington can do it for other countries, it should do so for Pakistan too.

Hussain promised to visit the US in October after heightened MQM activity here, amid speculation that he might shift base after difficulties in London, where Pakistani establishment loyalists and his followers have clashed violently .

Key MQM leaders like Farooq Sattar and Babar Ghauri have been visiting the US lately to sensitise Pakistan experts in Washington (many of whom see the Army as a stabilising force) of the developments in Karachi.

But, supporters of the ruling Pakistan Muslim League (PML) and Pakistan Tehrik-iInsaaf (Imran Khan's party) see Mohajirs as traitors and fifth columnists, and allege they are controlled by Indian intelligence agency RAW .
They forcefully countered the MQM protest, and slogans and counterslogans ensued as the two sides advanced towards each other before police intervened. The demonstrations were far larger than the ones by Khalistani activists and Kashmiri separatists, who Indian activists say are backed by Pakistan's intelligence agency ISI.
While India has had its share of embarrassment overseas arising from the situation in Kashmir, it appears Pakistan has even greater problems, with both Mohajirs and Baloch groups overseas indicating that all is not well in the fractious country .

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...Worry-about-Karachi-/articleshow/53389604.cms

nah still I wish for a peaceful Karachi ,we are not them .

Sad state of affairs for Mohajirs. It is irony that because of Mohajirs, Pakistan was formed and here they are persecuted.

Sad state of affairs for Mohajirs. It is irony that because of Mohajirs, Pakistan was formed and here they are persecuted.
Persecuted wait let me ask myself
Hello Sheikh Asim with roots in Jammu are you persecuted?

ØΩΠ؆؆؆Ə؆ªÞÐ∫Ƒ
*He said no

Hey @PaklovesTurkiye you should ask yourself are you persecuted :D

WASHINGTON: Police and Secret Service personnel had to intervene to physically separate Mohajir protesters and Pakistan military loyalists after a demonstration in front of the White House on Saturday by the Muttahida Quami Movement+(MQM), which mostly represents ethnic Pakistani migrants from India, turned into a fracas.

A large demonstration of MQM workers from all across US marched in front of the White House after a party convention held in Washington DC that was addressed via video link by MQM chief Altaf Hussain+ , who has been in exile in London for nearly two decades. Hussain and his followers exhorted the Obama administration to intervene to stop the "rampant killing" of Mohajirs+ in Karachi by the Punjabi-dominated Pakistani military. Hussain, who is completely blacked out in the Pakistani media and is considered a fugitive by the Pakisani establishment, urged the "mother of all democracies" to take note of the excesses of the Pakistani army that has resulted in the "cold-blooded murder" of thousands of party activists.

Maintaining that MQM was the only liberal, secular political party in Pakistan, he urged the Obama administration to send observers to Karachi to monitor the human rights violations+ , arguing if Washington can do it for other countries, it should do so for Pakistan too.

Hussain promised to visit the US in October after heightened MQM activity here, amid speculation that he might shift base after difficulties in London, where Pakistani establishment loyalists and his followers have clashed violently .

Key MQM leaders like Farooq Sattar and Babar Ghauri have been visiting the US lately to sensitise Pakistan experts in Washington (many of whom see the Army as a stabilising force) of the developments in Karachi.

But, supporters of the ruling Pakistan Muslim League (PML) and Pakistan Tehrik-iInsaaf (Imran Khan's party) see Mohajirs as traitors and fifth columnists, and allege they are controlled by Indian intelligence agency RAW .
They forcefully countered the MQM protest, and slogans and counterslogans ensued as the two sides advanced towards each other before police intervened. The demonstrations were far larger than the ones by Khalistani activists and Kashmiri separatists, who Indian activists say are backed by Pakistan's intelligence agency ISI.
While India has had its share of embarrassment overseas arising from the situation in Kashmir, it appears Pakistan has even greater problems, with both Mohajirs and Baloch groups overseas indicating that all is not well in the fractious country .

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...Worry-about-Karachi-/articleshow/53389604.cms
Persecuted Muhajirs like Musharaf,Mamnoon,Abdul Qadeer Khan,Edhi and Salem Mandivalla hnm

@PaklovesTurkiye @The Eagle damn didn't knew you guys are being ''persecuted'' :(

:no:
Oye i too want to join Muhajir club my nanka is from present day Jammu mein bhi :D

Persecuted wait let me ask myself
Hello Sheikh Asim with roots in Jammu are you persecuted?

ØΩΠ؆؆؆Ə؆ªÞÐ∫Ƒ
*He said no

Hey @PaklovesTurkiye you should ask yourself are you persecuted :D

It may be a joke to you, but it is not. The violence in Karachi is the last 10 years should have given you a clue, but it did not. So I don't expect that my writing on Karachi will make any difference.

@PaklovesTurkiye @The Eagle damn didn't knew you guys are being ''persecuted'' :(

:no:

Calling some on PDF and asking for confirmation shows your immaturity. See the OP, there is a problem, if not there would not have been rallies by Mohajirs.

Please don't speak on our behalf.

@Areesh, you being prosecuted? :o:

It may be a joke to you, but it is not. The violence in Karachi is the last 10 years should have given you a clue, but it did not. So I don't expect that my writing on Karachi will make any difference.
Yeah th.violence is highly political in nature google Saulat Mirza,Uzair Baloch also many criminal elements take advantage of bad police structure in Karachi they even create no go areas in certain areas google Baba Ladla
Rangers have brought things under control byt those who saw their gravy train destroyed are now claiming victom status
hey are asking rangers to release El Capone type criminals in past certain thugs from rival parties even drilled holes into skulls of their rivals those same folks are now crying about operation

I didn't speak on your behalf. I was expressing my opinion. Let me know if I should not express my opinion, as a mod I guess you should be able to guide me

Calling some on PDF and asking for confirmation shows your immaturity. See the OP, there is a problem, if not there would not have been rallies by Mohajirs.
Have you any idea what mqm used to do in karachi? and still do pls try to stay quiet on topics you've no knowledge about otherwise it's you who's looking like an immature. Read post 12.

@Areesh, you being prosecuted? :o:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom