What's new

Does China have locally-made ASCM as fast as Brahmos?

I still do not understand why Russia developed the missile and is not using it herself.

Because their Enemy is not in Range of Few Hundred but Few thousand KMS. Also, Brahmos is an expensive missile. Hope that Answers :coffee:

India is Only one using due to specific use and Brahmos-2 Will be competitor of Brahmos only. Everyone has different kind of requirement.

Does Uncle Sam need to import China weapon? a fairy tale :)).

Who knows. In term of destruction, the Chinese will never run out of ideas. But the Americans have to apply for the "most favored nation" status to the Chinese.

As we all know, China has the Sunburn and Yakhont Anti-Ship Cruise Missile onboard PLAN destroyers and subs. However, those missiles are imported from Russia and not locally produced. Does China have any locally-made ASCMs with a speed of Mach 2.5 like the Sunburn or 2.8 like Brahmos? I know China has locally-made anti-ship missiles, but they're not reaching Mach 2.8 or above, right?

Why high speed is good, because it gives the defender less time to react, especially more so if the missile not only has speed but a stealth front profile. I also hope that China develops an ASCM with a speed of Mach 5 and range of 400km to compete with Brahmos-2, which will have a speed over Mach 5!!:eek: Info below:

BrahMos-2 hypersonic missile to be 'uninerceptable'?, page 1
BrahMos - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
domain-b.com : Development of hypersonic, BrahMos-2 version to begin this year

I think no missile that fly horizontally can reach mach 5 due to friction.

Back
Top Bottom