What's new

Do more, Punjab!

Dawood Ibrahim

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
2 HOURS AGO BY EDITORIAL

Apex Committee must implement its recent decisions with a stern resolve

‘Do more’ is a much despised term in our lexicon, courtesy the daily US harping on it to pressurise Pakistan into undertaking one sided actions which it perceived as essential for success in the war on terror. But this is exactly what needs to be done in Punjab, whose southern areas have become a breeding ground of terrorism, extremism and sectarianism, a force multiplier for domestic and allegedly foreign militancy. The Punjab Apex committee meeting on Thursday chaired by the Chief Minister and attended by senior military and civilian officials made certain decisions to rid the country of this trio of evils. These matters of immense national importance need strict implementation in a proactive manner. The present trend of reacting only after a horrific incident of terror needs replacement by a concerted policy of intelligence-based prevention and preemption. And zero-tolerance is the name of the game.

The apex committee made all the right noises. It reiterated some of the basic points set out in the National Action Plan (NAP) for the elimination of radicalism in all its forms, going after the financial backers and facilitators of terrorism, checking the printing and distribution of hate literature and provocative speeches, punishing the collaborators in the social media, and a sharper vigilance at the province’s entry and exit points. Of course it sounds very easy on paper, but the ground realities present a more intricate and formidable picture.

For one, the Punjab, unlike Sindh, lags behind in regulating mushroomed seminaries and weeding out those promoting militancy, proscribed organizations reappear under a new label and garb, Rangers are given full rein in KP and Sindh but stubbornly kept out here, the existing police force is woefully ill-equipped to tackle militancy, successful prosecution of netted terrorists is low, while opportunistic politicians from mainstream parties deliberately make a ‘devils’ alliance’ with known extremists for votes at election time. It is clear that following NAP in letter and spirit, and especially in its implementation, offers the brightest chance of success against inhuman excess.

http://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/2017/01/07/do-more-punjab/

@war&peace @tps77 @Mentee

Don't know what is holding army back? But there should be operation in southern punjab asap cuz there the millitants hide after coming from kpk , sindh, Balochistan also there should be operation in interior sindh. We have to oprn our eyes to see that these politicians are the one who r supporting terrorism.

Don't know what is holding army back? But there should be operation in southern punjab asap cuz there the millitants hide after coming from kpk , sindh, Balochistan also there should be operation in interior sindh. We have to oprn our eyes to see that these politicians are the one who r supporting terrorism.

In other words Punjab is a Modern safe haven

South Punjab is more badnaam than whole Punjab. Ali Gillani's son was kidnapped from Multan and kept in Faisalabad for a month or so. Shahbaz Taseer was kidnapped from Lahore and also kept somewhere in central Punjab

South Punjab is more badnaam than whole Punjab. Ali Gillani's son was kidnapped from Multan and kept in Faisalabad for a month or so. Shahbaz Taseer was kidnapped from Lahore and also kept somewhere in central Punjab
Well u are right main thugs are living in central punjab jhang is an example, rana sanaullah is an example.....

But there should be operation in southern punjab
Not just in southern Punjab but also in the relatively developed regions of Punjab --- :D

Rats are every where and whenever some are caught , their harbourage always happens to be a madrasa related with a certain sect.

In other words Punjab is a Modern safe haven
G bilkuk

I am a Punjabi and i demand action against intolerable groups and individuals they r fasadis creating fitna ..

Not just in southern Punjab but also in the relatively developed regions of Punjab --- :D

Rats are every where and whenever some are caught , their harbourage always happens to be a madrasa related with a certain sect.

G bilkuk
Well my region is counted as under developed region so I'm Ok with it:partay: but its another story that my area is renowned for nuclear program of Pakistan and ya Isreal 2 times tried to attack us:agree::D

Well my region is counted as under developed region so I'm Ok with it:partay: but its another story that my area is renowned for nuclear program of Pakistan and ya Isreal 2 times tried to attack us:agree::D

Ka------- ? :D what next Karachite equating their selves with the peasants of Baluchistan :D

Maybe Army is worried about what they might uncover?

The war in Waziristan was taxing enough, maybe Punjab is too much for the army to currently handle with the other operations underway?

Sab kuch Punjab ko da doo yar.. its going to be modern world of Pakistan

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom