Status
Not open for further replies.

thestringshredder

Reaction score
Country
India
DMRC to help build Dhaka Metro

197_Para_Delhi-Metro-Exterior1.jpg

NEW DELHI: After years of receiving technical know-how from abroad, Delhi Metro Rail Corporation is finally graduating to building Metros for others. Earlier this week, it inked a deal with Bangladesh government in which it will be the project consultant and help build the Dhaka Metro. It's the first international project in which DMRC is providing the entire technological and logistical base in an international project.

"The assignment is important as it will establish Delhi Metro as a consulting agency for international Metro projects," Delhi Metro spokesperson Anuj Dayal said. Delhi Metro is also lending a helping hand in Indonesia where it is providing support in operations, maintenance and security for the Jakarta Metro project as management consultant. However, in the Dhaka project, Delhi Metro—as part of a consortium—will be undertaking the full project consultation.
"The complete scope of work for the consultant consists of all areas of project management viz. public transportation planning review, engineering study and basic design, detailed design, assistance in selecting the contractors, construction supervision, testing and commissioning, etc," added Dayal.

In the pre-construction phase, the consultant—DMRC and other members of the consortium—will manage the project and provide engineering services. During construction, it will supervise it and provide training for operation and maintenance. In the post-construction phase, it will monitor and advise the operation and maintenance among other works, added Dayal.

"The role of DMRC in the project will be preparation of specification and manuals, taking care of safety and health aspects, traffic integration, training, making an advisory on systems, transport network planning, and framing operation and maintenance rules for Dhaka MRT-6 project," added the spokesperson.

Link - DMRC to help build Dhaka Metro - The Times of India

Delhi Metro Rail Corporation goes global with Indonesian rapid transit job

Read more: Delhi Metro Rail Corporation goes global with Indonesian Metro job` | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) is going global. The Indonesian government has awarded it the work of 'Management Consulting Services' for the first phase of the Jakarta Mass Rapid Transit System in Indonesia, comprising of 15.7 kilometres.

A DMRC spokesperson said the work awarded to it is a joint venture with eight other international companies, including Padeco and Oriental Consultant from Japan, PT Ernst and Young Advisory Services, PT Indotek Engineering Jaya, PT Pamintori Cipia, Lambaga Management and PT Public Private Partnership from Indonesia and Seneca Group from the US.

The main responsibilities of DMRC in this joint venture will be the finalisation of the organisational structure of the Jakarta Metro, recruitment of personnel, development of training facilities and the training of the employees for various categories required for commencing the operations

article-0-152A9628000005DC-514_468x286.jpg

Earlier, DMRC had also prepared the special assistance on project implementation study for the Jakarta Mass Rapid Transit system.

'We are also trying to bag similar projects in various upcoming Metro projects of Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Israel,' the official said.

The Delhi Metro is also acting as the consultant for all major Metro projects in the country including Mumbai, Chennai, Bengaluru and Kolkata.

It is also carrying out the construction work of a 9.25 km long metro corridor in Jaipur.

Official sources said the 15.7 km stretch in Jakarta would have 13 stations, seven elevated and six underground.

DMRC's expertise in raising a successful urban transport system in Delhi, a city with a population higher than Jakarta would come in handy for
the project.

All three projects had the same financier and same technology provider Japan. Delhi could be asked to assist as it has already experience in dealing with the main principal in Japan.

All three projects had the same financier and same technology provider Japan. Delhi could be asked to assist as it has already experience in dealing with the main principal in Japan.

Japan provides the loan,not the technology-even not in case of the rolling stock.

That was another failed attempt by you to belittle Indian achievements and troll- Read the article and try again.

India now has enough experience in MRT systems - Check the number of projects undertaken in India.even rolling stock is made in India by various companies.

I'm doubtful if Dhaka would be able to manage that kind of project. If so otherwise, I'd be surprised.

Japan provides the loan,not the technology-even not in case of the rolling stock.

That was another failed attempt by you to belittle Indian achievements and troll- Read the article and try again.

India now has enough experience in MRT systems - Check the number of projects undertaken in India.even rolling stock is made in India by various companies.

Nippon Koei Ltd. of Japan is the chief consultant in this project.

Metro rail in 6 years | Deal signed with design consultant

Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd is just a co-consultant, along with Mott MacDonald Ltd of UK.

I'm doubtful if Dhaka would be able to manage that kind of project. If so otherwise, I'd be surprised.

There will be initial hiccups for sure, but there is no alternative to MRT for a city like Dhaka.

There will be initial hiccups for sure, but there is no alternative to MRT for a city like Dhaka.

There were some proposals in the past. None of them never saw the light.

By the time the system is even built (suppose), Dhaka will remain an overcrowded city under the current management setting.

One thing is for sure is that it'll take a long time for the project to be brought to fruition. That is given that this project will be implemented.

Dhaka is already an overcrowded city. Imagine how that'll forecast 10 years later. Metro would make little difference just like those useless flyovers.

By the time the system is even built (suppose), Dhaka will remain an overcrowded city under the current management setting.

One thing is for sure is that it'll take a long time for the project to be brought to fruition. That is given that this project will be implemented.

Dhaka is already an overcrowded city. Imagine how that'll forecast 10 years later. Metro would make little difference just like those useless flyovers.

A lot of things are attached to these transport projects which cause the hurdles. Some experts blame it to the private bus transport syndicate, they really don't want these projects to be implemented as it will reduce the value of those crummy buses to the people. And this syndicate always remains highly influential whichever party comes to power. The experts suggest the transport system to be totally state controlled and the private sector to be barred from entering the sector. But then again, even this suggestion seems to be futile. :hitwall:

On the other hand, if you look into the history, since independence, the governments had been least interested into urban development. However, the government has been forced to change this mindset now which gave birth to these projects, media played a big role here in my opinion. As the situation demanded, these projects are now top most priorities of the government. So there is enough room to be optimistic. Let's hope for the best. :angel:

A lot of things are attached to these transport projects which cause the hurdles. Some experts blame it to the private bus transport syndicate, they really don't want these projects to be implemented as it will reduce the value of those crummy buses to the people. And this syndicate always remains highly influential whichever party comes to power. The experts suggest the transport system to be totally state controlled and the private sector to be barred from entering the sector. But then again, even this suggestion seems to be futile. :hitwall:

On the other hand, if you look into the history, since independence, the governments had been least interested into urban development. However, the government has been forced to change this mindset now which gave birth to these projects, media played a big role here in my opinion. As the situation demanded, these projects are now top most priorities of the government. So there is enough room to be optimistic. Let's hope for the best. :angel:

You missed the point.

When one bases everything in one place (i.e. Dhaka), it'll automatically become overcrowded over time. The root of the problem is very simple.

The private bus operators have their own union.

You missed the point.

When one bases everything in one place (i.e. Dhaka), it'll automatically become overcrowded over time. The root of the problem is very simple.

The private bus operators have their own union.

Well, decentralization is under process but I don't think it will change the scenario that much, Dhaka will remain overcrowded, even if other metros surpass the city.

Well, decentralization is under process but I don't think it will change the scenario that much, Dhaka will remain overcrowded, even if other metros surpass the city.

^^^Sources of this claim please.

Chittagong's recent progress!

Financial Express :: Financial Newspaper of Bangladesh

Even the current CCC Mayor from BNP concurs with it.

BTW if I'm looking to be promoting Awami League, do pinch me! :hitwall:

Oh, and now you are thinking I'm getting into party politics? :lol:

Both major parties were reluctant to do so anyways for vested interests.

The article you posted talks about infrastructure development in Chittagong. Not specifically on how to decentralize Dhaka.

And as for the Dhaka-Chittagong highway:
http://www.thefinancialexpress-bd.com/old/index.php?ref=MjBfMDlfMTFfMTNfMV8xXzE4Mjk5OQ==

If you don't know, no need to throw a tantrum. It's no biggy.

Both major parties were reluctant to do so anyways for vested interests.

True ...

The article you posted talks about infrastructure development in Chittagong. Not specifically on how to decentralize Dhaka.

Ain't these infrastructure developments cognate with decentralization? Better facilities in Chittagong means better job opportunities and people migrating there.

Oh, and now you are thinking I'm getting into party politics?

No need to take it personally, I was trying elucidate if you were thinking the same about me.

1) A poor country with little money cannot quickly realize all the projects that it plans. The country has also a few trained technical manpower at the top planning and implementation levels.

2) JICA has been planning the MRT-6 rly. project for a long time. But, it has been delayed only because the Govt of BD could not provide the required amount of land (Right of Way or RoW) to it along the route. MRT-6 route is from north Uttara to Syedabad. 15 trains will run each way every hour during the peak hours. MRT-6 can carry upto 60,000 passengers in one hour. Two more lines in the future, MRT-5 and MRT-4 will almost reduce the daily traffic jam in Dhaka to zero.

3) JICA at the behest of the project will certainly completed in due time. Japanese do not depend upon a divine power to do any part of its job. They believe in implementation according to the schedule by themselves. In the Japanese society it is a shame if a job is not finished according to the schedule.

4) A railway or a highway project can be economically feasible only if a City has too many people who would use the railway system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom