What's new

Difficult question about racism: Is it our own classism shown back to us?

I'm good at drilling sense...most of the time. But this time i failed.
thats ok... I am not terribly upset that others dont see the way I see things.. if they do its a bonus... pdf will be boring as hell if everybody agrees with me all the time..

indians will blame the muslims as usual won't ever point their fingers at the oppressor :lol:

Sorry, while I don't agree to the swear words used by airline staff, I commiserate with the difficult position they found themselves in...I myself would have wanted to give these passengers a tight slap....if that makes me an elitist in your book..too bad...you gotta call a spade a spade.
I'm okay with a spade being called a spade.
But then it took you 4 pages to accept the "bad behaviour" of a foreigner while you were quick to point a finger at the Indians. Oh wait! I had to remind you about it too.
So my conclusion is, that while some come down heavily on their own people, they close their eyes to the manner in which their country men get humiliated at the hands of a foreigner. Slave mentality? May be. Or once again, we Indians are "used" to this.
You gotta call a spade a spade!!!
I agree.

Last edited:
The slang coolie is nowhere as offensive as "kaala" or "kaali"

indians will blame the muslims as usual won't ever point their fingers at the oppressor :lol:
Don't know about Muslims but yes the oppressor was given a miss by many in this thread. So I agree to that part of your post.

The slang coolie is nowhere as offensive as "kaala" or "kaali"
Indians use gora or kala the same way hispanic ppl use the word negro... usually it does not carry negative/positive connotation... coolie itself is not considered offensive if you are referring to people who help you load/unload/carry luggage , for a fee.. it depends on the context.

Racism is the belief that people are better or worse due to their race.

In the end, the human mind finds it easier to think in stereotypes, due to compartmentalization of information.

Scientifically there is only 1 race, the human race. There is very little in terms of genetic differences across the globe.

Most of what we see today is simply stereotyping based on culture and appearance, because it is simply easier to do.

I'm okay with a spade being called a spade.
But then it took you 4 pages to accept the "bad behaviour" of a foreigner while you were quick to point a finger at the Indians. Oh wait! I had to remind you about it too.
So my conclusion is, that while some come down heavily on their own people, they close their eyes to the manner in which their country men get humiliated at the hands of a foreigner. Slave mentality? May be. Or once again, we Indians are "used" to this.
You gotta call a spade a spade!!!
I agree.
Ma'am this is a straw man argument....

Racism exists, institutionalized racism exists....but in your world is it possible for anyone to crticize someone from another race and NOT be racism?

If you see an idiot doing something idiotic as per you unless he belongs to the same race you cannot call him out because that would be racism.

This is taking political correctness to a comical extreme.

Time to stop playing victim and crying hot tears over this kind of nonsense.

Ma'am this is a straw man argument....

Racism exists, institutionalized racism exists....but in your world is it possible for anyone to crticize someone from another race and NOT be racism?

If you see an idiot doing something idiotic as per you unless he belongs to the same race you cannot call him out because that would be racism.

This is taking political correctness to a comical extreme.
and all this while i thought there's only one race...
Time to stop playing victim and crying hot tears over this kind of nonsense.
Let me be very frank, you initial post on this thread reveals your true attitude.
Rest of your posts on this thread were a mere attempt to defend or cover it up. If calling my argument nonsensical helps, then so be it!
Btw no one's playing a victim here, this thread is an attempt to show how Indians get treated by foreigners and by their own country men.

and all this while i thought there's only one race...

Let me be very frank, you initial post on this thread reveals your true attitude.
Rest of your posts on this thread were a mere attempt to defend or cover it up. If calling my argument nonsensical helps, then so be it!
Btw no one's playing a victim here, this thread is an attempt to show how Indians get treated by foreigners and by their own country men.

What attitude is this that you find so objectionable?

to say that when people behave badly let us take that into calculation as well ?

So all over PDF any criticism by an Indian of Pakistan, their government or Pakistani people is immediately put down as "blind hatred" or "Indian attitude" is that true or fair? I have no blind hatred to anyone...sometimes it is just fair criticism.

Similarly all criticism of Indians is not racism sometimes when people behave poorly, it is just criticism of bad behavior.

Let us not make a huge fuss out of a small incident .
Crying racism or islamaphobia or whatever every time simply means no one will listen when it is a real case of racism. I truly hate this new victim mentality that has become so popular among some members of PDF nowadays.

Yeah right.
Let's just sit and watch the show.
The alternative would be to sue the airline and prove that swearing badly at people who were prioritizing their baggage over other people's lives when there was a Chance that of the plane blowing up was due to deeply held racist beliefs against Indians.

Good luck with that !

sue the airline and prove that swearing badly at people who were prioritizing their baggage over other people's lives when there was a Chance that of the plane blowing up was due to deeply held racist beliefs against Indians.
Or sue them for using older models in this route, misleading ppl and poor conduct of their stuff.

Back
Top Bottom