What's new

Dhaka v/s Kolkata

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grave of Poet Kazi Nazrul Islam,Dhaka
k.jpg

Nice pictures! I was too lazy to dig skyscraper city for these wonderful snaps.

Dhaka is there and it is ahead of cities like Jakarta, LA, Bangkok, Dallas, Bangalore, Delhi and so on.

Great! Is Dhaka there in the list?
Yes...it is. Too big to ignore :)

Its behind Karachi.

Kolkata is miles ahead.
Guess the VS series contributed in addition to V series!

I'm surprised that a city like Bombay, with many a mode of inexpensive, and efficient public transport, ranks below Calcutta, and I'm pretty certain that the financial capital has a better public bus fleet, and service network, than the capital of Bengal. Anyway, great for Cal!

I'm surprised that a city like Bombay, with many a mode of inexpensive, and efficient public transport, ranks below Calcutta, and I'm pretty certain that the financial capital has a better public bus fleet, and service network, than the capital of Bengal. Anyway, great for Cal!

Actually Bombay is over crowded for its capacity, just think about the kind of traffic jam Bombay has, probably the worst in India. Bombay badly needs a really vast network of Metro rail.

Last edited:
Actually Bombay is over crowded for its capacity, just think about the kind of traffic jam in Bombay, probably the worst in India. Bombay badly needs a really vast network of Metro rail.

Probably, but we're talking about public transportation here. Our suburban railway network is maxed out capacity-wise, but works at hyper efficiency, and the BEST's network is vast and covers the metropolitan area seamlessly. The first Metro and Monorail lines open early 2014, with more to follow in the years to come; the latest in the newspapers is that construction of the underground metro line 3 from Colaba to the suburbs will start in May '14.

Probably, but we're talking about public transportation here. Our suburban railway network is maxed out capacity-wise, but works at hyper efficiency, and the BEST's network is vast and covers the metropolitan area seamlessly. The first Metro and Monorail lines open early 2014, with more to follow in the years to come; the latest in the newspapers is that construction of the underground metro line 3 from Colaba to the suburbs will start in May '14.
mumbai has much better public transport than kolkata. Kolkata has really poor and rotten public transport. The buses are from last century so are trams. They have metro but not to everywhere only few places.

are the Bengalis from Bangladesh different to that of Calcutta?

are the Bengalis from Bangladesh different to that of Calcutta?
Yes, they are rejected at the quality control.

mumbai has much better public transport than kolkata. Kolkata has really poor and rotten public transport. The buses are from last century so are trams. They have metro but not to everywhere only few places.
Kolkata has very efficient public transport. It's has been considerably improved in last 4,5 years because of flyovers and AC Volvo/NON AC low floor buses. In fact most old rickety buses are discontinued.

It may not look glitzy, but it works very well.

You can not connect every place in a congested city like Calcutta via Metro. Still,connecting North and South via Metro has already been done. Building East West corridor is under process and most of the works have already completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom