What's new

Devyani Khobragade gets full diplomatic immunity after transfer

Transfering her is an admission that she did NOT have immunity. If she did, why transfer her?

Can we trust US ???
US it the most untrustworthy nation ?

we can't rely on US on this issue ???
It was necessary to ensure her safety by transferring to permanent mission ...

Now US government and US court can't touch her ....!

We don't care what US thinks and says ....We have done what we needed to shield our diplomat of US witch-hunt !!!

And he did not have immunity. So you agree with me that she didn't either...and all the noise that she did was utter BS

US is the most hypocrite country in whole world ...

what more can be expected from shameless americans but try to justify their actions ???

Uhm....no. Perhaps a re-read of consular immunity from 1963 will dispel illusions. Still....could have been handled better. I personally think she got the wrong person mad.

Yes, its all the Indian diplomat's fault. :sick:

The truth is this was a clear case of entrapment and conspiracy to humiliate India.

1. The maid had absconded from work from June onwards,while she was an Indian citizen and had taken refuge in the US as an illegal alien.
2. The NYPD refused to trace her or arrest her and deport her back to India
3. In November Delhi High court passed an injunction against the maid preventing her from seeking redressal in US court.
4. By December 10th the US consulate in India gave visa to the maid's husband and child and help them to emigrate to the US :woot:
5. On December 12th the Indian consul general was arrested and humiliated.

It is clear that the nanny was turned and her family given asylum in the US before they decided to trap the Indian diplomat. It is a clear well thought out conspiracy.

In any case I am glad it happened as it will help a LOT of foolish Indians realize that US is an enemy state. A doze like this every 5-10 years is required to knock some sense into Indians.

Last edited:
I don't get this. I see an outrage for the way she was treated though it is as per the procedures verified and published by Hindu. She has clearly bent the law(especially ridiculous if she is perceived as her representing the country) and clearly not entitled to immunity(else this thread wouldn't have existed) but she and her father are hiding behind representing India crap defense and everyone is going ballistic the way she was treated. The system here in US is tough but fair as seen and realized by even common person like me.

Why does she needs to be treated differently and that system compromised? Isn't it what many in India oppose wrt politicians' and elites' treatment?

In this story on the BBC, they tell you the difference between full and consular immunity. I do not dispute it was poorly handled though.

How do you justify the US action to 'facilitate' the immigration of family of 'maid' just days prior to arrest of the diplomat whose Passport was impounded by Indian government and against whom Indian court had issued non bailable warrant ?

why US has gone overboard to issue Visa to whole family at such an urgent basis just days before the said diplomat was arrested ?
Doesn't it smack of premeditated move ???

Yes, its all the Indian diplomat's fault. :sick:

The truth is this was a clear case of entrapment and conspiracy to humiliate India.

1. The maid had absconded from work from June onwards,while she was an Indian citizen and had taken refuge in the US as an illegal alien.
2. The NYPD refused to trace her or arrest her and deport her back to the US
3. In November Delhi High court passed an injunction against the maid preventing her from seeking redressal in US court.
4. By December 10th the US consulate in India gave visa to the maid's husband and child and help them to emigrate to the US :woot:
5. On December 12th the Indian consul general was arrested and humiliated.

It is clear that the nanny was turned and her family given asylum in the US before they decided to trap the Indian diplomat. It is a clear well thought out conspiracy.

In any case I am glad it happened as it will help a LOT of foolish Indians realize that US is an enemy state. A doze like this every 5-10 years is required to knock some sense into Indians.

AS the details are getting revealed - it surely seems a fully planned and a staged entrapment - wonder what was the motive behind this?

She hardly worked with Devyani for 6 months - and within 6 months she's contacted a number of lawyers, asked for a raise, asked for a part time job, asked for a civilian passport and has inquired about the procedures of getting a green card.

I don't get this. I see an outrage for the way she was treated though it is as per the procedures verified and published by Hindu. She has clearly bent the law(especially ridiculous if she is perceived as her representing the country) and clearly not entitled to immunity(else this thread wouldn't have existed) but she and her father are hiding behind representing India crap defense and everyone is going ballistic the way she was treated. The system here in US is tough but fair as seen and realized by even common person like me.

Why does she needs to be treated differently and that system compromised? Isn't it what many in India oppose wrt politicians' and elites' treatment?

Not going to defend either side. But my problem with the whole issue is, not much information is out there. She has not been proven guilty so I am not going to go down that road. My problem is why arrest her is such manner in front of the kids school. Is she a flight risk? Or some kind of danger? If the whole issue was so serious why let her go on bail? How did the maid family suddenly get an emergency visa and leave the country just days before the arrest (If the news is true about her family leaving the country)?

@Sashan ,you are really stupid and an idiot,i cant believe you are defending USA.....

Not going to defend either side. But my problem with the whole issue is, not much information is out there. She has not been proven guilty so I am not going to go down that road. My problem is why arrest her is such manner in front of the kids school. Is she a flight risk? Or some kind of danger? If the whole issue was so serious why let her go on bail? How did the maid family suddenly get an emergency visa and leave the country just days before the arrest (If the news is true about her family leaving the country)?

The news is off course true ...
and clearly indicative that whole thing was planned and done in premeditated manner ...

There is no doubt that action taken was disproportionate to alleged crime ...
and disproportionate to the status of person involved ....

Even the US authorities have admitted although grudgingly and indirectly ( by saying that they are reviewing the procedure adopted ) ...

There can be no doubt that US is at fault of excessive action against Indian diplomat ....

How can such a transfer take place without US approval? I think a compromise must have been reached behind the scenes. Either way, I would love to see such outrage(or even a tiny percentage of it) when it comes to handling the Chinese or as a reaction to ordinary Indian citizens being detained. Netas will protect their own kind, there's nothing new about it.

Last edited:
@Sashan ,you are really stupid and an idiot,i cant believe you are defending USA.....

Shame on these Indian -americans who stoop so low just to 'show' their loyalty ...

Despite repeated explanations ...in several other threads he continues to defend US ...

Nobody is asking to anybody to side with India....we only ask people to stand by the truth ....

It is shocking despite the obvious facts ...people like him continue to deny same ...

But it takes immense moral courage to take such stand ....

May be he is scared that by voicing anti-American sentiment , he will get blacklisted ....

Last edited:
In this story on the BBC, they tell you the difference between full and consular immunity. I do not dispute it was poorly handled though.
So, a person who has consular immunity, like she had, can be:

Strip searched.
Handcuffed in full public view.
Cavity searched.
Lodged in jail without a trial.
Is put in a cell with drug addicts, murderers and rapists.

Great! Now I shudder to think what an ordinary soul who is not an American, could be put through in the US of A. And they talk of human rights violations in other countries! Jeeeez!

It's not 'representing India' crap and yes- she is different. These kinds of people have access to secrets and previlaged information at all times. Their kind need to operate in an environment of security. It's a courtesy that all countries extend to each other. Can you give me a guarantee that if she is prosecuted and jailed, US officials won't visit her to extract this information? They should have just expelled her and it would have been fine.

Back
Top Bottom