What's new

Delhi HC- Central Govt Notification 'Suspect'

Guynextdoor2

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Last edited:
Which notification was struck down? The MHA was not even party to any case here.

The notification was not even laid before the HC for consideration. I don't expect AAptards to comprehend, but go search 'audi alteram partem'. Essentially, no notification can be struck down without hearing the other side.

If at all any notification has been struck down, it will be void as soon as an appeal if made by MHA in the HC or SC will instruct HC to hear government's side before any ruling.

All that happened was one constable said that the ACB can't prosecute him. HC said they can. Now, the man can go to SC if he feels like it.

Anyway, nautanki fans jump at every little thing, so enjoy. :coffee:

Delhi HC strike down central govt notification to curtail powers of Delhi Govt.

Congrats Bhakts. Till now only people thought you guys were full of BS, now even the courts are saying that fenku sarkar is full of it.

(my choice of words has been altered to suit the decorum of the forum, else,,,,,)

In Public Cabinet Meeting Arvind Kejriwal Vows to Take Back Powers From Centre: 10 Facts

#365daysfekusarkar | Facebook

More drama by the habitual drama queens! As I said earlier, Kejriwal survives on media attention, so he will keep on creating new controversies every fortnight for the next five years. After that people of Delhi will feel the need for proper governance and look for other options.

Besides, he knows that such continuous series of fresh dramas will keep the focus of people away from what he is actually doing as the CM of Delhi, at least for some time.

More drama by the habitual drama queens! As I said earlier, Kejriwal survives on media attention, so he will keep on creating new controversies every fortnight for the next five years. After that people of Delhi will feel the need for proper governance and look for other options.

Besides, he knows that such continuous series of fresh dramas will keep the focus of people away from what he is actually doing as the CM of Delhi, at least for some time.

In High-Stakes Battle With Centre, Arvind Kejriwal Scores Big Win in Court

In high-stakes battle with centre, Arvind Kejriwal scores big win in court......in a case where the centre was not even a party! NDTV is showing signs of desperation! :)

And the court observed that the centre's notification is 'suspect'

Observation vs striking down - world of difference; but that's irrelevant for nautanki fans who jump at every little Kejru hiccup.

Anyway, this and the larger battle has not even begun and the center has not even started using any weapons at their disposal. That will come in time depending on how far the nautanki goes.

This is nothing huge but nevertheless significant , only ACB the anti-corruption body has been strengthened to check corruption in various center run portfolios and me too love that.There should be checks and balances .As a responsible citizen of India I would love to see Delhi being corruption free. I am not blind hater like @Guynextdoor2.

Let's see.......! :)

Armed With Court Order, Arvind Kejriwal Reassigns 9 Bureaucrats

This is nothing huge but nevertheless significant , only ACB the anti-corruption body has been strengthened to check corruption in various center run portfolios and me too love that.There should be checks and balances .As a responsible citizen of India I would love to see Delhi being corruption free. I am not blind hater like @Guynextdoor2.

You realize that Nitin Gadakari is part of government?

As I mentioned yesterday, the ruling of HC and its observations are dubious since MHA was not even a party to the case. Passing observations without hearing the other side breaks basic norm of jurisprudence.

I'll not speculate on the judge in particular, however, this judgment and observations are unlikely to stand up to even the most basic scrutiny by the SC.

More over, if nautanki Kejru goes ahead on basic of this observations, most of those decisions would have to be rolled back too. So I hope he does go ahead. :lol:

Centre to challenge perverse HC order

Stunned by the Delhi high court's ruling slamming its May 21 notification on the LG's powers, the Centre will file a special leave petition in the Supreme Court challenging the judgment which it finds to be prime facie "perverse".

Senior government functionaries are baffled how the notification became the main talking point of the bail order issued by judge Vipin Sanghi. "The home ministry was not even a party of the case and was never heard. However, given that the Delhi HC has passed observations against our notification, we have decided to challenge the ruling in Supreme Court," said a senior government official.

The Centre views the Delhi HC order as "perverse" as the judge passed the order without hearing the party which had drafted and issued the notification.

The Centre is also baffled that though the judge had reserved the order on the bail petition on May 20, he dwelt at length on a home ministry notification issued late on May 21. Further, the judge questioned the competence of the Centre to pass laws in respect of matters dealt with in Entries 1 and 2 of List III of the Seventh Schedule (Concurrent List).

"However, as per the scheme of the Constitution, the Centre is not only entitled to make laws on subjects in the Concurrent List but where there is a conflict between the Centre and the state regarding the same, it is the former that takes precedence," an official said.

Some at the Centre also wondered why the judge had written a detailed 37-page order on a bail plea, considering that orders in such cases mostly do not go beyond a few sentences. However, experts pointed out that a detailed judgment is not unusual where a point of law is being discussed. In this bail petition, the accused had challenged the jurisdiction of the anti-corruption branch to arrest him.

@Guynextdoor2 Shouldn't Kejriwal offer an apology to Ms. Gamlin for his irresponsible and baseless allegations against her?

Shouldn't Ms Gamlin apologize to the people of Delhi for colluding with power companies and robbing them?

And how exactly she did it? Because Kejriwal said so?

Very shameful act by Kejriwal and his blind supporters like you.

Back
Top Bottom