What's new

Defense against Air to Air missiles

fahimuddin

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Is there any progress against BVR Air to Air missiles through another some small range Air to Air missiles carried by combat aircraft ? If there is any such Air to Air missiles do update

I think it is not difficult to make missiles loaded on fighting jets, it would be very similar to SAM but small in size. I have heard that saab 2000 awacs have such missiles. I don't know about interceptors and all weather 4-5 generation fighters

Is there any progress against BVR Air to Air missiles through another some small range Air to Air missiles carried by combat aircraft ? If there is any such Air to Air missiles do update

Ships have capability to track, lock & engage incoming missiles with guns & SAMs so theoretically it is possible to engage air to air missile with a short range missile like Aim-9X and AWACS can carry them in box canisters as per there wing loading capacity but I don't think it is ever used by any air force. @gambit have wast knowledge in this and he have posted about similar stuff so his view will be better to have.

Indians are focusing on longer range BVR. Shoot and hide philosophy, if AAM busters are developed entire flanker generations will be over.

Indians are focusing on longer range BVR. Shoot and hide philosophy, if AAM busters are developed entire flanker generations will be over.

US have jammers which can jam or fry missile seeker very effectively.

US have jammers which can jam or fry missile seeker very effectively.
I have heard Israel has given india the jammer pods against F-16, are they just radar jamers or jam AAM ?

Look at that dark green pod hanging under the belly. ;)

images043.jpg

Great to know that there are some missiles on fighters other than flares

Back
Top Bottom