What's new

16th December 1971: From East Pakistan to Bangladesh

Loooool, he was meat eater not fish they don't serve fish in Pak Army so stop BS We are also meat eaters Like I said where we wanna go is our business none of yours so mind own I'm getting angry here
OK so he didn't eat fish...then why didn't his masters accept him in his own country?? Too short and brown?? Or did they see that if fu**er could betray his own people it wouldn't be impossible that in the future he would betray the Pakistanis too?? Did they just throw him out like the garbage he was?

OK so he didn't eat fish...then why didn't his masters accept him in his own country?? Too short and brown?? Or did they see that if fu**er could betray his own people it wouldn't be impossible that in the future he would betray the Pakistanis too?? Did they just throw him out like the garbage he was?
Lol look you being racist towards own countrymen No grandpa was fair and stout with good build which is why lieutenant
No one could touch him during war everyone feared him until India entered carry out evil plan

How many times tell you that where we go none of your business keep shut Pak Army funded asylum process am very grateful for good life UK stop badmouthin' 'em makin' me angry now

Learn from West Bengal lol consider themselves Indian first not narrow minded like you folks reapin' benefits of union while Bangladesh isolated countrymen going to India for jobs then gettin' exploited small country irrelevant in world affairs poor people everywhere

Can't get logic through head If CHT tries secede BD Army would go all out keep country intact eliminate separatists leading to mass kill if such situation comes to pass hypothetical same case '71 nothing to be ashamed for defending own country Grandpa is shaan of house Am proud of him Stop sayin' BS 'bout him We don't take such things lightly

Lol look you being racist towards own countrymen No grandpa was fair and stout with good build which is why lieutenant
No one could touch him during war everyone feared him until India entered carry out evil plan

How many times tell you that where we go none of your business keep shut Pak Army funded asylum process am very grateful for good life UK stop badmouthin' 'em makin' me angry now

Learn from West Bengal lol consider themselves Indian first not narrow minded like you folks reapin' benefits of union while Bangladesh isolated countrymen going to India for jobs then gettin' exploited small country irrelevant in world affairs poor people everywhere

Can't get logic through head If CHT tries secede BD Army would go all out keep country intact eliminate separatists leading to mass kill if such situation comes to pass hypothetical same case '71 nothing to be ashamed for defending own country Grandpa is shaan of house Am proud of him Stop sayin' BS 'bout him We don't take such things lightly
Nobody touched your fair and lovely gradpa until the Indians came in....ok so where did the Indians touch him? Was being touched by Indians too traumatizing for him? The Pak army paid him to get the **** out of Pakistan and to go live in the UK....man they must have started hating your grandpa after he was touched by Indians. I mean you have to extremely embarrassed about someone to pay him to leave the country.....did he get too naughty with the Indians?

Nobody touched your fair and lovely gradpa until the Indians came in....ok so where did the Indians touch him? Was being touched by Indians too traumatizing for him? The Pak army paid him to get the **** out of Pakistan and to go live in the UK....man they must have started hating your grandpa after he was touched by Indians. I mean you have to extremely embarrassed about someone to pay him to leave the country.....did he get too naughty with the Indians?
Lol you know full well what I meant stop acting like clown hahha

Run out of arguments can't rebutt anythin' resortin' to cheap personal attacks hide embarassment ha :yay:

Last edited:
Lol you know full well what I meant stop acting like clown hahha

Run out of arguments can't rebutt anythin' resortin' to cheap personal attacks hide embarassment ha :yay:
There's nothing personal here...you know full well that Pak army paid your grandpa to leave their country...there must have been something wrong with that idiot that the military instead of letting him live in the country he fought for kicked him out...kind of like they brought a prostitute to their house and when the didn't need him anymore paid him and he left....the similarities between that traitor and a prostitute is striking...kind of a poetic justice maybe.

There's nothing personal here...you know full well that Pak army paid your grandpa to leave their country...there must have been something wrong with that idiot that the military instead of letting him live in the country he fought for kicked him out...kind of like they brought a prostitute to their house and when the didn't need him anymore paid him and he left....the similarities between that traitor and a prostitute is striking...kind of a poetic justice maybe.
Loool you gone mad Grandpa always wanted to live in UK got financial help from Pak Army for loyalty none of your business where he wished to stay mind own Stop insultin' grandpa don't you have any respect for deceased He was great soldier respected by everyone combated terrorists stop sayin' rubbish 'bout him resorting to personal attacks again just keep shut

Loool you gone mad Grandpa always wanted to live in UK got financial help from Pak Army for loyalty none of your business where he wished to stay mind own Stop insultin' grandpa don't you have any respect for deceased He was great soldier respected by everyone combated terrorists stop sayin' rubbish 'bout him resorting to personal attacks again just keep shut
A guy who loves his country fought a war for money to live in another country....your grandpa was not a Pakistani nationalist...he was just a paid mercenary...you will find lots of them in Africa.

I am a globalist....does your family watch you post here? Why are you still acting like its still 1971? You grandpa might not know it...but the war is over...all his struggles went in vain and guess what he LOST...he is nothing but an obscure spec of insect wing that has been blown off the shoulders of Bangladesh. Unless your family realizes that nothing to worry about....they will be forgotten just like your grandfather and then finally you can be free to express your actual feelings to Bangladesh...the country you proudly represent in this forum....Joyu Bangabandhu.

@Doyalbaba see how fun this is.
He is not Bangladeshi Bengali,maybe can be called Pakistani Bengali.There are two million Bengali Pakistani in Karachi,he is like them.There are also 100 million indian Bengali who just speak the same language but their mentality is totally different.For anyone to claim Bangladeshi Bengali,he need to show allegiance towards independence of Bangladesh.Pakistani Bengali are against our independence and we are cool about that as long as they don't try to represent us.We should treat this Arefin007 guy the same.A Pakistani Bangla speaking person.Not one of us.He need to drop our flag.

ভাই তোমরা দুইজনে ছাইড়া দাওতো। কি শুরু করলা ?

পঁয়তাল্লিশ বচ্ছর পরে এইসব ঘাইটা কি লাভ ?

ভাই তোমরা দুইজনে ছাইড়া দাওতো। কি শুরু করলা ?

পঁয়তাল্লিশ বচ্ছর পরে এইসব ঘাইটা কি লাভ ?

দরকার আছে ভাই যে বাংলাদেশ স্বীকার করেনা সে কেমনে লাল সবুজ পতাকা উড়ায়? এই টা তো দেওয়াই রিপ্রেজেন্ট করতে। সে তো বাংলাদেশ রিপ্রেজেন্ট করেনা।

জিয়া উর রহমানের ফ্যান কেমনে মুক্তিযুদ্ধ বিরোধী হয় এইটাও আমার বোধগম্য না।

Well if you are a British citizen you are not a Bangladeshi citizen....and you can denounce your citizenship anytime...ant on this forum the country flag is not necessarily which country you originate from rather which country or which country's interests you represent....most Indians living in foreign countries are not Indian citizens here....there is a Vietnamese member who represents the US...and there are people who do not fly any flag at all...unless you want to make the rest of the Bangladeshis happy by disrespecting the memory of your grandfather please feel free to remove the flag...or I am always here to remind you how with every single post you are taking a dump on your grandfather's ideals.

Give him some room for thinking, this poster might be young and still deciding what his stance is on 71. It took me some time to decide which side to choose and why at the age of 17/18.

He is not Bangladeshi Bengali,maybe can be called Pakistani Bengali.There are two million Bengali Pakistani in Karachi,he is like them.There are also 100 million indian Bengali who just speak the same language but their mentality is totally different.For anyone to claim Bangladeshi Bengali,he need to show allegiance towards independence of Bangladesh.Pakistani Bengali are against our independence and we are cool about that as long as they don't try to represent us.We should treat this Arefin007 guy the same.A Pakistani Bangla speaking person.Not one of us.He need to drop our flag.

So then why are some of you guys running around grilling the likes of Rainman for considering themselves Indian before Bengali? And Pakistani Bengali are only against the independence in your eyes because they live in a place called Pakistan. Seriously you got to let go of this phobia for Pakistan. before this forum I used to think it was an Indian thing but you guys seem to do it as well.

Arefin obviously holds the a similar view to me except my family were freedom fighters who fought for an independent Bengali Muslim nation who a few years down the line came to a REALISATION like many other mukti fauj I've met or watched online expressed many regrets.

hmmm...why was so much hatred shown aginst bengalis pre 1971?????any one has any answer??????
In my opinion hatred towards Bengalis have roots back in 1857, soon after Indian mutiny (as the Britishers called it) lines were drawn by the British as to who is the superior martial race, since they learned the lesson and saw that the sepoys of East India Company who were of Bengali, south Indian, origin were no more trustworthy. New recruits were Sikhs muslim and hindu punjabis pathans Gurkhas and other north Indians, superiority fuel was systematically injected in them and it remains to this day. In pakistan if you say someone " aray o bangali" it means that you want to insult him its equal to calling him animal. I hope it is not the case in India and it shouldn't be in 1971 it wasn't India who won and Pakistan who lost it was hatred which lost injustice which lost. Equality won unity won dedication won. Allah is rabul Alameen not only rabul muslimeen there can be many ways He teaches you lessons He can insult children of isreal through Nebuchadnezzar and Pakistan through India. There is no rule of chosen people these are all fairy tales. As you sow so shall you reap. What had to happen happened now Pakistan Bangladesh India should move forward We should carry mission of ziaur rehman cooperate with each other hatred has no end. Pakistan should make sure that no blunders like 1971 and its causes happen. I know i will be criticized by fellow Pakistanis but please tell me for how long are we going to close our eyes and deny reality

Most of Pakistanis were not born in 1971, but even our elders dont hold any grudges.

Many Pakistanis think it was a blessing in disguise.

Before 1971, East Pakistan's (Bangladesh) population was much more than West Pakistan's (Pakistan) population.

If we were still one country, today Pakistan's population would be more than 300 million and our cities would've been more populated with much more ethnic conflicts.

Pakistanis are not like indians, we hold no grudges of an event when most Pakistanis were not even alive and we wish Bangladesh all the best.
Most of Pakistanis were not born in 1971, but even our elders dont hold any grudges.

Many Pakistanis think it was a blessing in disguise.

Before 1971, East Pakistan's (Bangladesh) population was much more than West Pakistan's (Pakistan) population.

If we were still one country, today Pakistan's population would be more than 300 million and our cities would've been more populated with much more ethnic conflicts.

Pakistanis are not like indians, we hold no grudges of an event when most Pakistanis were not even alive and we wish Bangladesh all the best.
Blessing in disguise? its as if a man was stripped naked and forced to run through a busy market place and his reaction be like "thank god those clothes are removed, it was so itchy, unfit and extremely uncomfortable". Should Pakistan had given eastern wing independence through votes or legislation (just like valvet divorce of '93 between czech and Slovak to disintegrate czechoslovakia) then your statement was appropriate.

THE WAY I SAW IT

During the Liberation War of 1971, I was a student of class seven and reading in a residential school. Following the address of Sk Mujib our school was closed and we were sent home. In those days our communication system were not that good. Most of us had to depent on railway line. Our home was in greater Dinajpur district. So on 10/12 March 1971 I went to my home at around 11/12 pm. During those days almost everyday there was a hartal and procession. We used to enjoy all these slogans like "Joy Bangla, Tomar Amar Thikana, Padma- Meghna-Jumuna".

So, one day I went along with my mama to enjoy a Circus and"Jatra Party" on a "bail gari". It was on 21/22 March. In the circus party I enjoyed a song, " Piare bango bondhu Sk Mujibur Rahman, tu chahe, tu dede bangalee apni jane", then the whole night I enjoyed the "Jattra Party". But than suddenly some Awami Leaque leaders came and started poltical speech and said that from here we have to go for a procession in protest against Yahya Khan and so it started. I was fleeling very drowsy but still shouted with a loud voice , "Joy Bangla".

My home was in a village closer to a Thana HQ(around 3 km). On 26 March 1971 I saw in all the houses the flag of Bangladesh(Map of E Pak engraved at the middle). I also stealed one flag and and placed at the top of our house. At that time I hardly understand any politics. One day I heard that there was some problem in Dinajpur and Thakurgaon in EPR wing and than we come to know all clear and everything is under EPR control. By this time all non-Bengalies were killed in EPR, however it took 3/4 days fighting with them. Even in BOPs all non-Bengalies were killed. Then one day some EPR personnels came to our area and killed all Biharees. All Police and civil administration coperated with them. At that time all Pakistani Army were concentrated at Rangpur and Saidpur. Some of the Bengali soldiers who mutineed also came to our area and we used to hear all horror stories of Pakistan Army. Then all these EPR and soldiers were organised along with new recruits marched towards Saidpur.(To be continued)
So easy for you to say all non-bengalis killed. All biharis killed! This "all" have figures? But who cares right? It's the Victor who writes history.

In my opinion hatred towards Bengalis have roots back in 1857, soon after Indian mutiny (as the Britishers called it) lines were drawn by the British as to who is the superior martial race, since they learned the lesson and saw that the sepoys of East India Company who were of Bengali, south Indian, origin were no more trustworthy. New recruits were Sikhs muslim and hindu punjabis pathans Gurkhas and other north Indians, superiority fuel was systematically injected in them and it remains to this day. In pakistan if you say someone " aray o bangali" it means that you want to insult him its equal to calling him animal. I hope it is not the case in India and it shouldn't be in 1971 it wasn't India who won and Pakistan who lost it was hatred which lost injustice which lost. Equality won unity won dedication won. Allah is rabul Alameen not only rabul muslimeen there can be many ways He teaches you lessons He can insult children of isreal through Nebuchadnezzar and Pakistan through India. There is no rule of chosen people these are all fairy tales. As you sow so shall you reap. What had to happen happened now Pakistan Bangladesh India should move forward We should carry mission of ziaur rehman cooperate with each other hatred has no end. Pakistan should make sure that no blunders like 1971 and its causes happen. I know i will be criticized by fellow Pakistanis but please tell me for how long are we going to close our eyes and deny reality

At least One Pakistani knows his history and observe it without nationalist Bias. The truth is we were considered lesser Muslim therefore not fit to rule Pakistan. Suhrawardi was sidelined for this.

Back
Top Bottom