What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
in fact, Talios pod will give powerful IRST... About the lack of low collateral damga weapon, you are right, but the definition phase was "near complete" in june. We will see.

SDB and SPEAR have lighter explosive charge. They should better be compared to AASM 125. Remember Sancho, AASM is evolving towards a GPS/INS/IR/laser version. and it can be shot to any direction (which is not true for gliding bombs).
Thx Dr and Sancho, read your comments. Generally speaking, we are reaching around 100 000 views per month so we will very soon build a site instead of a siimle blog. I would be grateful if you could browse the blog and tell me if it deserves an international version (not only the EFT article), because it is qui a lot of work (translations).
Fundamentally the question is ; if most relevant articles were translated in english, would you regularly go to see our site?

Thank you for your help!

PS for Typhoon article i received tons of help from Scorpion.

Yves

i wish good luck from my side to you & bruno so that you can achieve your goal to internationalise that blog as much as possible

also i have high respect for Mr scorpion ,it's sad he get annoyed on IDF due to sampaix & is not online now on IDF
but i wish he could comeback again on IDF

But i would like to tell UK armed force commentary ' blog writer Gabriele is also one of the best authors of Typhoon
i frequently visit his blog also .
UK Armed Forces Commentary: Eurofighter Typhoon

anyways keep up the good work

MERCI

CHEERS

doctor saheb, we will be seeing any of these ? our delivery times will match. they can. won't be so difficult. what we make is another story..

the real MMRCA requirement of IAF on rafale would be revealed after signing the deal .
most probably F3+ , i cant say whether it would be this version or F3R
but i wish F3R should be procured by india ,

actually meteor integration & induction ASAP is the top priority now for french for their own use & for export reason

Towed decoy was the only lacunae of rafale in EW segment as it was a MMRCA requirement
but that lacunae would be overcomed by LEA program by french (expendable decoys )

HMD no big deal ,india would partner with thales to built for rafale

9T engines hmm whtherr india wants it or not i cant say

The ground work for which indian companies would be building parts of rafale are being discussed /negotiated & is some what complete also

& the fact is still "i cant say this deal would be signed within this fiscal year or not "

you better wait

CHEERS

Last edited:
@ Halloweene
the fact still remains Typhoon's financial problems plus Patner states lack of common consensus on many upgrades
& lack of big export order like Indian MMRCA for instance

is creating negative enthusiasm for EADs consortium group to upgrade it much faster rate .

meanwhile rafale whether someone buys it or not they are constantly upgrading & evolving their planes at much faster
rate which is a very very important adavanatge rafale has over typhoon

i can point out many points on upgrades of both if you want on comparitive basis

CHEERS

in fact, Talios pod will give powerful IRST... About the lack of low collateral damga weapon, you are right, but the definition phase was "near complete" in june. We will see.

It's not only about low collateral damage, but about getting the most out of the AASM and as good as the 250 were, Sagem / MDBA simply missed the bus on further developments. It's like Blackberry that missed the bus with going to touchscreen display mobiles, suddenly nobody wanted it, even they were good quality mobiles in general. That's why not even French forces want the AASM 125, since it hardly adds advantages other than the extended range.
So an upgrade with limited effect, is simply not good enough, just as the Talios pod might be a nice upgrade in general, but it comes too late of offers too little to justify high costs and delays. No customer will attach it to Rafale, just to substitute the lack of a proper IRST don't you think?

If the French forces had the choice to carry 2 x quadpacks of SPEAR 3, or 6 x AASM 125, what whould they prefer?
More load for CAS, more range for SEAD, more capability against low collataral damage targets, at most likely lower costs.
Similarly, would they prefer a proper FSO IR channel or an external Talios pod with IRST capabilities?

AASM, MICA and FSO are maybe the most important parts of the Rafale, next to SPECTRA, but the upgrade decision on the earlier 3 were pretty bad and will limit their future potential.

According to this report Rafale deal is expected to be signed by next month end as contract negotiation committee has almost finished its tasks and will submit its report very soon.

Nothing new, we keep hearing the expected signature date at the end of the year since january, so no point in getting hopes high. Just wait and see when it finally happens mate.

Well, i just can't say too much, but Talios sensor has nothing to do in terms of definition (and optical zoom) with Pirate. Still, an IR channel on OSF NG would be nice and is lacking.Atm operationals would prefer 6 AASM 125 for a simple reason : the system is combat proven (and so good that USAF did test AASM250 recently, succesfully). About lower cost, i do not know. An indian order will surely be very beneficial to french Rafale.

the real MMRCA requirement of IAF on rafale would be revealed after signing the deal .
most probably F3+ , i cant say whether it would be this version or F3R
but i wish F3R should be procured by india ,

actually meteor integration & induction ASAP is the top priority now for french for their own use & for export reason

Towed decoy was the only lacunae of rafale in EW segment as it was a MMRCA requirement
but that lacunae would be overcomed by LEA program by french (expendable decoys )

HMD no big deal ,india would partner with thales to built for rafale

9T engines hmm whtherr india wants it or not i cant say

The ground work for which indian companies would be building parts of rafale are being discussed /negotiated & is some what complete also

& the fact is still "i cant say this deal would be signed within this fiscal year or not "

you better wait

CHEERS

Doctor Saheb, I'm sure about the fact that rafale deal is on right track and is going on reasonably well since anything baba Anthony Maharaj touched with his bare hands needs to be scrutinised since french will keep quiet about it.

yes, meteror integration should be priority no. 1. extra weapons sales too ! win-win.

Can somebody point out why talks of full liability for HAL manufactured rafales and TOT (with critical tech like AESA radar) reluctance by French is now being "leaked" in media? i thot HAL issue was settled almost 6-12 months back. There seems to be a vendetta running against this jet and again and again pitching of LCA Mk1 or MK2(on paper!!!) to be worthy replacement (like comparing earth and moon). Are the vested parties from EADS/UK or russians or americans or some unknown party who does nt want India to own Rafales as it may endanger them over time?

Also i read recently an article stating even with 126 rafales and 200 fgfa in 2032, IAF may have a shortfall of 14 squadrons. LCA MK2 was not considered in that assumption with MK1 production at 8 planes a year and all MIgs 21/27 jaguars etc being retired. This article was quoting a meeting in July by IAF personnels with supposedly timeline for induction. I thot deal of rafale can be 126+63 follow on too. Can someone shed light on that ? are we really going to have a deficit of 14 squadrons in 2032 with rafales and FGFA?
Link to strata post Video: Vayu-StratPost Air Power Roundtable | StratPost
link to a thread:IAF fighter strength to dip further

Atm operationals would prefer 6 AASM 125 for a simple reason : the system is combat proven.

Hehe, nice dodge.

About lower cost, i do not know. An indian order will surely be very beneficial to french Rafale.

Any order will give AASM a lifeline, but that's not the real problem. The upgrades (smaller warhead, different seekers) had no focus on cost reduction, which is the sad part because that would had made a good weapon more attractive on the export market. I mean if even the Saudis didn't went for it and prefered the less capable Paveway 4, it tells us something doesn't it?
Now with the integration of smaller Griffin LGB kits to LCA, it will be very interesting to see if they will find their way on Mirage 2000 too, next to SPICE 2000. Btw, if you have a chat with somebody of Dassault, would be interesting to know if IAF is going for the Rafaut STBR 2000 racks for the upgrade of the M2K?

I thot deal of rafale can be 126+63 follow on too. Can someone shed light on that ? are we really going to have a deficit of 14 squadrons in 2032 with rafales and FGFA?

We are discussing that in a seperate thread:

IAF fighter strength to dip further | Page 2

The author made it sound more sensational, by looking at 2032 and beyond, but not including the fact that the current orders for M-MRCAs and LCAs would be done way before that and that the prospected order of FGFA is up to 250. So if IAF requires more fighters, they simply can order the optional M-MRCAs or more LCA MK2s, which would be available before 2032, or simply keep the FGFA production as planned and replace the older fighters.
He is also leaving the fact aside that we will use drones by then, for many roles that currently will be done by manned fighters (recon, CAS, SEAD, deep-, or nuclearstrike), basically roles that were meant for Mig 27s and Jags. So the replacement of 6 x Jag squads is most likely no manned fighter anyway.

Last edited:
The whole deal is ROTTEN. France/ Dassault is taken India for a ride. A very expensive ride.

The 126 aircraft costs only 13 Billion $ !!!! ........they are demanding 9 Billion $ for ToT :tdown:

ToT was supposed to be FREE as an incentive for buying 126 Rafale. That is where they make their profit. By selling 126 Rafale to us, or do the IAF believe 103 million $ is the Bill of material (BOM) in making Rafale ? :cheesy:

In comparison the ENTIRE COST of R&D for LCA cost us only 1 Billion $ :sick:

IAF has no concept of money or the sweat and blood common Indians have to pay for their incompetence.

Shame on IAF and Shame on GoI.

The whole deal is ROTTEN. France/ Dassault is taken India for a ride. A very expensive ride.

The 126 aircraft costs only 13 Billion $ !!!! ........they are demanding 9 Billion $ for ToT :tdown:

ToT was supposed to be FREE as an incentive for buying 126 Rafale. That is where they make their profit. By selling 126 Rafale to us, or do the IAF believe 103 million $ is the Bill of material (BOM) in making Rafale ? :cheesy:

In comparison the ENTIRE COST of R&D for LCA cost us only 1 Billion $ :sick:

IAF has no concept of money or the sweat and blood common Indians have to pay for their incompetence.

Shame on IAF and Shame on GoI.
You literally don't have a clue about what is fact and what is clearly fiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom