What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
LCA will replace the Mig-21's
MMRCA (MiG-35/F-18/F-16/Gripen/Rafale/Eurofighter) will replace Mig-23/27

If LCA is got to replace the Mig 21 than it means India plan to continue with flying coffins at least for 10 more years, considering development, production and training etc. :agree:

MMRCA...! forget it, None of above will be inducted in IAF for another 6-7 years to come. :coffee:
It will be interesting to see the new developments by than, specially the JF-17.:eek:

Procurement policy of India after 2020 cannot be predicted at this point of time and is a futile excersise.

If induction of IAF's new fighter jets start in 2015 and completes in 2020, than I persume those newely bought jets will remain in service at least for 10 more years to come! Considering the 30 years long service of mig21 in IAF and still serving.:?:

[/QUOTE] Delay can be from the Nuke Deal, as well as other factors [/QUOTE]

You mean to say negotiating nuke deal and rewarding the supplier in a way buying jets.
Good dimension to think.. seriously!

Stregthening of Indian Airforce took place after 1962 war with China which had nothing to do with Pakistan

Come on... India was too busy with war in 1962 to start any sort of training or induction. It all started in 1963 and completed in 1964 (300% increase) and invaded Pakistan 1965. :angel:

It all started in 1963 and completed in 1964 (300% increase) and invaded Pakistan 1965. :angel:

300% increment in defence ability within a year????? Is it pratically possible?

Lets say if IAF had 200 planes and to increase in to 800(300%),i.e 600 aircraft in on year. one word AMAZING!

300% increment in defence ability within a year????? Is it pratically possible?

IAF was 28000 officers before 1962 war and restrengthed in 1964 to 100'000 officers.
Was this practicle enough!

Are u here to discuss MRCA or the 62 war? Cuz u'l get ripped apart in that disucssion. Chose your calling and we'l discuss that.

IAF was 28000 officers before 1962 war and restrengthed in 1964 to 100'000 officers.
Was this practicle enough!

Adding manpower into airforce for world's second largest population,very pratical. But 600 aircraft in one year? Please..

The defence ministry official said, procurement of 126 Medium Range Multi-role Combat Aircraft (MMRCA) will be the biggest ever purchase made by India ever since its independence which would cost the government over $9bn. Sources in the Indian defence ministry said that the ruling United Progressive Alliance government led by the Congress Party had been marred with controversies in the past in various defence scandals and therefore the present government is too shy and slow to decide on big ticket defence purchases.

Sources further added that even if the ruling government floats the tender for the MMRCA early next year it will take at least three years to carry out technical evaluation and flight trials of the various combat aircraft which will participate in the bids. Moreover the government will further take additional three to five years to take a decision on short listing the company which will win the MMRCA contract.

http://www.battle-technology.com/this_issue10.html

Sources further added that there is a debate within the defence ministry and the Indian Air Force whether the government should place the contract to different original equipment manufacturers for license production to different combat aircraft. Once these issues are sorted out only then the defence ministry will float the global tender.

The defence ministry official said, procurement of 126 Medium Range Multi-role Combat Aircraft (MMRCA) will be the biggest ever purchase made by India ever since its independence which would cost the government over $9bn. Sources in the Indian defence ministry said that the ruling United Progressive Alliance government led by the Congress Party had been marred with controversies in the past in various defence scandals and therefore the present government is too shy and slow to decide on big ticket defence purchases.

Sources further added that even if the ruling government floats the tender for the MMRCA early next year it will take at least three years to carry out technical evaluation and flight trials of the various combat aircraft which will participate in the bids. Moreover the government will further take additional three to five years to take a decision on short listing the company which will win the MMRCA contract.

http://www.battle-technology.com/this_issue10.html

Sources further added that there is a debate within the defence ministry and the Indian Air Force whether the government should place the contract to different original equipment manufacturers for license production to different combat aircraft. Once these issues are sorted out only then the defence ministry will float the global tender.

Keys,
It is after all a Multi role aircraft.One of it's role is invisibility. People wont know for generation,if it ever was/will be in IAF.

IAF has plans to give force global combat reach: Major

NEW DELHI, APR 9 (PTI)

Indicating that an Aerospace Command to give India means to exploit its space assets for military purposes would take shape soon, the new Air Force chief Fali Homi Major today said IAF has chalked out a plan to give it a truly global combat reach.

In his maiden interaction with the media after taking over as the Air Chief on March 31, he said a time-bound plan was already underway to induct top of the shelf fighters, force multipliers and other strategic assests to help the force on its way to have worldwide reach.

Denying that delay in floating international tenders for purchase of 126 Medium Range Combat Aircraft(MRCA) could hit the country's defence preparadeness, Fali Major said that all theat perceptions in the present geo-political scenario around the country has been "catered to".

Saying that the RFP for the fighters would be out soon, the Air Chief said the tenders involved certain complex issue like Life Cycle costs, transfer of technology and framing of integrity pact, which were being worked out.

"It is for the first time that IAF as well as Ministry of Defence has come up with concepts like Life Cycle costs. So it is taking a little longer", he said.

But, he asserted that IAF was going in for upgradation of its top of the shelf fighters like MiG-29 and Mirage 2000 to ensure the country's air power retained the cutting edge in the region in the meantime.

Along with purchase of fighters, Major said IAF was in various stages of acquiring more radars, surveillance platform and other strategic assests. On Aerospace Command, he said it would become a reality soon.

http://www.outlookindia.com/pti_news.asp?gid=73

Keys,
It is after all a Multi role aircraft.One of it's role is invisibility. People wont know for generation,if it ever was/will be in IAF.

Dude that is the silliest thing I have ever heard........It's not like it's coming out of the skunkworks....It is a open tender.:disagree:

Keyser,

I guess CON's joke is lost on you. He was not talking about Stealth. Just being sarcastic about the lengthy Indian procurement policy
It is so Stealth, that it may never see the light of day of in IAF. "Invisibility"...
lol

or am i the idiot who didnt get yours.....lol

Keyser,

I guess CON's joke is lost on you. He was not talking about Stealth. Just being sarcastic about the lengthy Indian procurement policy
It is so Stealth, that it may never see the light of day of in IAF. "Invisibility"...
lol

or am i the idiot who didnt get yours.....lol

Ah well I guess there was a misunderstanding on my part. I thought that what he was saying is that no-one will know that the plane has been purchased because of the high security around it......

Ah well I guess there was a misunderstanding on my part. I thought that what he was saying is that no-one will know that the plane has been purchased because of the high security around it......

We guys dont do that!!!!!!!!!! lol ISI is too god, they will do a press release anyway.

Keys,I was just being sarcastic as Adux mentioned.
I dont think MRCA wil be so easily "visible" in the near future. Indian Babudom wil make sure that even PAF would be foxed.

What will PAF fight when they wont even "see" the MRCA in IAF?:D

IAF has plans to give force global combat reach: Major

NEW DELHI, APR 9 (PTI)

Indicating that an Aerospace Command to give India means to exploit its space assets for military purposes would take shape soon,

Here we go with another India indigenous saga. Aerospace seems a big word from a mouth who has utterly failed in aeronautics!

the new Air Force chief Fali Homi Major today said IAF has chalked out a plan to give it a truly global combat reach.

‘Chalked out a plan’ !!!!!! same as 30 years ago that 'LCA will replace the lethal Mig21'

In his maiden interaction with the media after taking over as the Air Chief on March 31, he said a time-bound plan was already underway to induct top of the shelf fighters,
force multipliers and other strategic assests to help the force on its way to have worldwide reach.

And short listed in the said underway plans are Mig-35/F-18/F-16/Gripen/Rafle/Eurofighter.
I think IAF has no clue what is really ‘Top of the shelf’. There knowledge is limited to there experience only with Russian jets and google. But what is the source of ‘World wide reach’ with 126 jets? Very Impressive theory!
By the way IAF experience with Migs can not be inclined in favour of more Migs! (any disagreements with my guess)

Denying that delay in floating international tenders for purchase of 126 Medium Range Combat Aircraft(MRCA) could hit the country's defence preparadeness, Fali Major said that all theat perceptions in the present geo-political scenario around the country has been "catered to".

Denying (to his own self)!!! How about comparing the specifications of India’s present military equipment with that of Pakistan's i.e. Tanks, guns, cruise missiles, Air crafts, nuclear bomb!!

Saying that the RFP for the fighters would be out soon, the Air Chief said the tenders involved certain complex issue like Life Cycle costs, transfer of technology and framing of integrity pact, which were being worked out.

I think all the time India has been using this RFP as bate to US for achieving nuclear technology. Well, to the disappointment of our US friends, seemingly the have to do more to oblige there new friends, perhaps help in development of LCA or technology transfer of F-18 might work, other wise they can forget about this RFP.

"It is for the first time that IAF as well as Ministry of Defence has come up with concepts like Life Cycle costs. So it is taking a little longer", he said.

'First time'....Some people on this same thread have analysed the delays as chronic in Indian defence procurements.

But, he asserted that IAF was going in for upgradation of its top of the shelf fighters like MiG-29 and Mirage 2000 to ensure the country's air power retained the cutting edge in the region in the meantime.

Exactly, by the time of first MRCA induction, balance of air power will be clearly offset by JF-17.
Who would disagree to the fact that Pakistan always prevailed in this race of balance of power i.e. achieving it far less cost and always a winner (on the field and off the field)

Along with purchase of fighters, Major said IAF was in various stages of acquiring more radars, surveillance platform and other strategic assests. On Aerospace Command, he said it would become a reality soon.

http://www.outlookindia.com/pti_news.asp?gid=73

Very soon indeed.

By the way any guess what will be the final pick. I mean there must be some clues, after all RFQ will be out before 31st december 2007.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom