What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions [Thread 2]

A consolation prize? A gift of nearly 8 billions? You are not serious.

J20 ? wake me up when it will be fully operational. For now it's only prototyps or pre serial.

Remember for exemple that some chineese destroyers bulkhead are made of wood .... just imagine how the J20 may be made...
funny guy:coffee:
make up funny story to our lovely neighbours:smitten:

funny guy:coffee:
make up funny story to our lovely neighbours:smitten:
52be3eb4-85f7-49ff-bdbf-81e4c0bf8214.jpg
This is all they need to know

http://www.janes.com/article/65752/french-c-130-hercules-fleet-suffering-low-availability-rates

it also mentioned the less-than-half availability of rafale serving french air force. I wonder how France will help India maintain 75% availability.
It's only a question of how much money you put in the support ! same problem with NH90, Tiger helo, MBT ....
France doesn't need to have all the 150 Rafale with a 75% availability. Our level is enough to assure all our operations in the over seas theatre, training and the air police of France.

Thing with Rafale is that it is an all French aircraft. Airframe, Engine, Sensors, Avionics, a good chunk of weapons package. Meaning it is much easier to make decisions around it and a single source of spares. The beaurocratic nightmare of getting agreement with 4-5 different countries in case of Eurofighter Typhoon is simply impossible to work with. US choice is out because Russian choice is out. India does not want to unequally annoy either of them. Swedes do not have their own engine. This leaves France and France it will be.

French have an excellent record in being a reliable supplier to India and to Pakistan as well. India now has a basic understanding of flight laws and airframe design due to LCA experiment. About time to take it further and implement an indigenous aircraft in 2030-40 timeframe with expert help from French companies.

Rafale News !

Sarsawa Air Force Station under the Western Air command of IAF is likely to house the first Rafale Squadron of IAF.

A team of Dassault Aviation, manufacturer of the Rafale visited the airbase last month to carry out feasibility study and improvements needed for making it home for the Combat jet.

Source :- UNI

Mirage 2000 emptywt - 7500Kg
Gripen E - 8000Kg
F16 Block 52 - 9200Kg
Rafale - 9500Kg
F16 IN - with AESA, IRST, CFTs with refuelling probe..., around 9900Kg

Because it's not a medium class fighter.
Su-34 is a heavyweight air superiority fighter and MMRCA itself meant for medium multi role combat Aircraft.

Just a small thing found while roaming the Net :

This is a poster IRL, found on the site Avions Légendaires.
It will set you back 20 € but is a limited edition of 40x60 cm
with a very nice retro look. And while I rarely back commercial
endeavours, Avions Légendaires is a treasure trove for avia fans
with the only flaw of being in French or just about.
Aapka Din Mangalmay Ho, Tay.

The number of posts you have created must exceed: 29 (Yours: 20)
The number of days you have been registered is not enough.................................................................

Never mind ...... I shall keep my infos for me and myself ......

What did you mean there, CNL-PA-AA? To create a thread?
Because you can obviously post or the above is really weird!

If so, can't it be posted in an existing thread? Let us now. bis

Have a great day, Tay.

The number of days you have been registered is not enough.................................................................

Hi !
Do you have some more news about a hypothetical up rated M88 for Qatar's Rafale? We find no news in france about that.

What did you mean there, CNL-PA-AA? To create a thread?
Because you can obviously post or the above is really weird!

If so, can't it be posted in an existing thread? Let us now. bis

Have a great day, Tay.

He cannot post links yet. This is what he wanted to share.

http://www.defens-aero.com/2017/01/rafale-indiens-denomination-rafale-eh-rafale-dh.html

THE RAFALES INDIANS WILL BEAR THE DENOMINATION RAFALE EH AND RAFALE DH
11 JANUARY 2017

Written by Loïc and published since Overblog

© JL. Brunet / Air Force - A Rafale B rolling in front of an Indian SU-30MKI during the Franco-Indian exercise Garuda V.

EXCLUSIVE!

Since September 23, 2016, and after the failure of negotiations in the MMRCA contract, India has formally acquired 36 Rafale "off the shelf" from the French aircraft manufacturer Dassault Aviation, for a total amount estimated at about 7, 8 billion euros.

Since then, the production of the first hunters has started in the French companies that are partners of the Rafale program, as well as the training in France of the first Indian aviators.

Moreover, pending the delivery of the first aircraft is expected to start from 2019 and the start of development work by the Indian Air Force on its air bases, details continue to be data standards such Rafale .

Indeed, and according to our information, the Indian Rafale single-seaters will bear the denomination Rafale EH, while the two-seater version will be called Rafale DH.

As for Egypt and Qatar, the letter "D" is a reference to Double (or Dual), since it is here the two-seater Rafales.

The letter "H", common to both versions, comes from the word "Hindustan". The etymology of the word "Hindustan" finds its source in the Iranian language, the Persian.

Wikipedia explains that "the term" Hindustan "is derived from the Persian Hindū. In old Persian, the area beyond the banks of the Indus was known as the Hinduš, which became Hind or Hindū in modern Persian. It is combined with the Persian suffix -stān (literally "place") to give Hindustan: "the land of Hindū".

In the first century BC, the term "Hein-tu" was commonly used by the Chinese to refer to people from northern India. The term became commonly used under the Mughal empire, which designated its dominion, centered on Delhi and the Punjab, as the Hindustan.

Finally, the letter "E" for the single-seaters is still at this stage an interrogation, but it will not be long.

Back
Top Bottom