What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions [Thread 2]

Silence is fine and besides, I heard lots of noises of people working.
This for instance :
India’s defence research agency has signed a deal with French engine maker Snecma to revive
and certify the Kaveri engine, before powering a flight of Tejas light combat aircraft prototype by 2018.

Snecma, as part of the offsets deal for the 36 Rafale jets India bought for its air force, would handhold
the Gas Turbine Research Establishment (GTRE), which has designed Kaveri, to fix gaps in its performance,
address safety concerns, certify and fly it on a Tejas light combat aircraft.
The Rs 600 odd crore expense for Snecma, which powers the Rafale jets, would be adjusted
against the 50 per cent offsets that it is mandated to spend in India.

The teams that implement offsets are one by one
solving their task planning and assessing value.
Remember that they have six months to do so and
that until then, it's mostly senior engineers and sales
and management so sounds are likely hush convos,
pens scratching paper/fingers tapping keyboards and
power supply units/fans humming along.
That's well below the listening threshold of most journos.

But if loud is what you need, have this and a good day, Tay.

Reason 126 to mere 36 figure.

Reason 126 to mere 36 figure.
you mean "the first 36"....
As it is absolutely inconceivable India adapt two bases only for 36 planes.... In france, in Saint Dizier air base, there are more than 40 Rafale.
You will baught at least another batch of 36.

Yes its absolutely no point in just taking 36. It would be rather like a consolation prize for France to please them and not keep them in the fray.
And IAF wouldn't have bothered. The amount of dedication and attention they have invested shows. Or else time to time IAF officers wouldn't have praised it's capabilities even compare with J20.

Yes its absolutely no point in just taking 36. It would be rather like a consolation prize for France to please them and not keep them in the fray.
And IAF wouldn't have bothered. The amount of dedication and attention they have invested shows. Or else time to time IAF officers wouldn't have praised it's capabilities even compare with J20.
A consolation prize? A gift of nearly 8 billions? You are not serious.

J20 ? wake me up when it will be fully operational. For now it's only prototyps or pre serial.

Remember for exemple that some chineese destroyers bulkhead are made of wood .... just imagine how the J20 may be made...

T

thanks for the video share,
interest of myn is the carrier take off..
NLCA took off somewhat similar, i was worried about the vibrations.. looks like it a common thing.

India will buy rafales for certain

They are very very expensive so it batches Is the most affordable way.

36 between 2019 and 2022

36 ordered again in 2021 for delivery 2023/2026

Then again in 2029/2032

India will field 100.rafales by 2035 along side 100 FGFA

The Tejas and su30mki will form the back bone with 200.each

i was worried about the vibrations.. looks like it a common thing.

Of course, mate! Accelerating a 15 to 35 tons object
to a minimum speed of 130some km/h in 150m or less
will shake it up by nature so unless it's all one piece * ,
parts will vibrate, especially/even more so on a catapult.

All the best at home, Tay.

* And if any navy ever launches a 30 thousand kilo anvil ...
I'll be more interested in the blacksmith than the carrier. o_O

Ministry of Defence
22-November, 2016 15:16 IST
Rafale Fighter Jets Deal

The induction of 36 Rafale aircraft will enhance the operational capabilities of the IAF.

The costs of the 36 aircraft cannot be directly compared to the cost of the original MMRCA bids since the deliverables are significantly different. Although there is no Transfer of Technology (ToT) involved in the procurement of the 36 aircraft, the provision for 50% offsets has been retained. The delivery schedule, maintenance arrangement and product support under the Inter-Governmental Agreement are also more beneficial.

This information was given by Minister of State for Defence Dr. Subhash Bhamre in a written reply to Shri AU Singh Deo in Rajya Sabha today.

India will buy rafales for certain

They are very very expensive so it batches Is the most affordable way.

36 between 2019 and 2022

36 ordered again in 2021 for delivery 2023/2026

Then again in 2029/2032

India will field 100.rafales by 2035 along side 100 FGFA

The Tejas and su30mki will form the back bone with 200.each

I don't think if we need more and more we won't be taking off the shelf deliveries from France. Its better to manufacture them here and this would lower the prices a lot more plus there won't be extra costs which were given this time as one time investment only.

A consolation prize? A gift of nearly 8 billions? You are not serious.

J20 ? wake me up when it will be fully operational. For now it's only prototyps or pre serial.

Remember for exemple that some chineese destroyers bulkhead are made of wood .... just imagine how the J20 may be made...
You are right..
12828550.jpg

This for instance :
India’s defence research agency has signed a deal with French engine maker Snecma to revive
and certify the Kaveri engine, before powering a flight of Tejas light combat aircraft prototype by 2018.

Snecma, as part of the offsets deal for the 36 Rafale jets India bought for its air force, would handhold
the Gas Turbine Research Establishment (GTRE), which has designed Kaveri, to fix gaps in its performance,
address safety concerns, certify and fly it on a Tejas light combat aircraft.
The Rs 600 odd crore expense for Snecma, which powers the Rafale jets, would be adjusted
against the 50 per cent offsets that it is mandated to spend in India.

The teams that implement offsets are one by one
solving their task planning and assessing value.
Remember that they have six months to do so and
that until then, it's mostly senior engineers and sales
and management so sounds are likely hush convos,
pens scratching paper/fingers tapping keyboards and
power supply units/fans humming along.
That's well below the listening threshold of most journos.

But if loud is what you need, have this and a good day, Tay.

Awesome video.

From Hush Kit:

November 21, 2016
The Rafale and Peter Collins
yourfile.jpg

Image: Dassault

I was sad to hear that Peter Collins passed away this Summer. Collins flew Harrier GR3s with the RAF, Sea Harriers in the Falklands on exchange with the Royal Navy Fleet Air Arm, and the VAAC Harrier (which was instrumental in developing the flight control laws for the F-35B). He also flew with the Red Arrows. Flying both the exceptionally demanding Harrier and as a member of one of the world’s best aerobatic teams show him to have been an exceptionally gifted pilot.

Peter later became Flight International’s test pilot. His glowing review of the Rafale was particularly interesting. With his great experience and knowledge of flying fighter aircraft, I was keen to ask his opinion on modern fighters. I was also asked him about the perennial Rafale versus Typhoon question. As he has flown Rafale and has the Typhoon simulator (programmed to represent the latest variant) he was one of the most qualified to discuss this subject. It was last December that I had the chance to bombard him with my schoolboy questions.

In regards to within-visual range combat he noted:

“This is always difficult to call. The Typhoon helmet mounted display, especially in the yet to be ordered Striker 2 version, is superb. I think the Rafale would eat Typhoon below 10,000ft. The Bug (legacy Hornet) is also superb”

Peter was a staunch supporter of the Rafale, and believed many underestimate it.

“My 2009 article for Flight international stands. If I was buying a multi-role aircraft I would buy Rafale but an awful lot of politics, economics, offset deals, military preference and bias comes in the way…I’m not paid by Dassault or Eurofighter. Remember that the Rafale is designed to replace seven French types: Jaguar, Marine F-8 Crusader, Marine Super Etendard, Mirage F1, Mirage F1R, M2000C and the M2000N – which is probably why it is optimised for lower levels. It is recce-, nuclear (ASMP)- , carrier-capable (something Typhoon will never be), it has AESA, is getting Meteor, drops SCALP, Hammer and LGB. It has better low-observable shaping, and will stick with Typhoon below 20,000 feet. It has very good electronic countermeasures in SPECTRA, and has better flight control system characteristics (I’ve flown it). It also has GPS based, and therefore silent, auto terrain following. It also has forward optics for visual identification. It is the best fighter aircraft I have ever flown.”

He was also mindful of the pitfalls of writing about military aircraft “Careful you don’t put your name to something and be seen as a ‘useful idiot’ by an aircraft manufacturer.” Indeed, much of aviation ‘journalism’ is the uncritical copy and pasting of press statements, and this is an important thing to remember.

I haven't read this information here and I don't know if it can be trusted.

It looks like France has promised 50 years of product support for Indian Rafale.

1018592408.jpg

The most eye catching detail about the Rafael deal disclosed in the Indian Parliament was product support to the 36 combat jets for 50 years.

New Delhi (Sputnik) — The Indian Government on Tuesday disclosed some details of the $ 8.85 billion deal to purchase French combat aircraft. Among them is a promise by French company Dassault Aviation to provide product support for five decades.

India had cancelled a 126 jet tender in which the French company had emerged the winner. It later awarded a contract for supplying 36 planes in fly-away condition to the same company, Dassault.

“The terms of the procurement include five years of performance based logistics (PBL) with options for additional seven year extension. The terms also provide for 50 years’ product support by the manufacturer,” informed Manohar Parrikar, India’s Minister of Defense to the Parliament.

“The deliveries of the aircraft will commence in September 2019 and will be completed in April 2022,” Parrikar added. Under the contract, Dassault will make India-specific changes to the aircraft and mount different types of missiles: beyond visual range (BVR) air-to-air Meteor, short and medium range air-to-air MICA and precision guided air-to-ground SCALP missiles. The procurement includes a provision for offsets of 50 percent of the value of the Aircraft and Weapons Package.

Read more: https://sputniknews.com/military/201611231047742056-india-rafale-jets/

Back
Top Bottom