What's new

Dalit man set afire for fetching water at hand-pump in MP

INDIAPOSITIVE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
A Dalit villager was allegedly set on fire by an upper caste man in Madhya Pradesh’s Sagar district for collecting water from a hand-pump, police said on Wednesday, highlighting the social divide in the caste-ridden state.

The incident took place May 23 at the remote Belai village near Bina town, around 160 km from Bhopal, but came to light only on Wednesday after the injured person was referred to the Sagar district hospital.

The incident came barely days after a Dalit groom was assaulted in neighbouring Damoh district by a group of people, also from an upper caste, for riding a horse on his way to the bride’s house.

Bina police station officer Anil Gupta said a case under the SC/ST Act has been registered against the accused Ramsahay Richariya, who was absconding.

The victim Samrat Ahirwar, 31, said that Richariya had tried to stop him from fetching water from a government-installed hand-pump before him.

“When I objected, he abused and thrashed me,” said Ahirwar. “Later, when I was passing by his house he threw a burning kerosene oil lamp at me resulting in burn injuries in the lower part of my body.”

Dalits, considered among the lower strata of society by the so-called high castes, regularly face discrimination across many parts of the country where the social divide is strictly enforced.

Activists say that divisive politics by different parties have nullified efforts by successive governments to create awareness and bring in legislations to end the discrimination.

Dalit man set afire for fetching water at hand-pump in MP

Whatttt???????? Noooo this cant be done 2 someone. How can u **** do this. Losers!!!!

Caste system is the essence of Hinduism. To treat a lower caste person with respect is actually an insult to higher caste people in certain parts of India.

"Dalits, considered among the lower strata of society by the so-called high castes, regularly face discrimination across many parts of the country where the social divide is strictly enforced." --I am a sc & I never felt that way.Oppositions are doing great work to create communal harmony..

You should visit north India more often.

"Dalits, considered among the lower strata of society by the so-called high castes, regularly face discrimination across many parts of the country where the social divide is strictly enforced." --I am a sc & I never felt that way.Oppositions are doing great work to create communal harmony..

what do you think about kancha ilaiah?? and are you saying the below incidents never occured...

The incident came barely days after a Dalit groom was assaulted in neighbouring Damoh district by a group of people, also from an upper caste, for riding a horse on his way to the bride’s house.

“When I objected, he abused and thrashed me,” said Ahirwar. “Later, when I was passing by his house he threw a burning kerosene oil lamp at me resulting in burn injuries in the lower part of my body.”

that criminal is a psychopath.

what do you think about kancha ilaiah?? and are you saying the below incidents never occured...

that criminal is a psychopath.

He is a psychopath. But hid intentions is base on caste system. Just like the Dalit groom attacked for riding a horse. It's caste based violence.

RIP.

India should catch these criminals and hang them! I am feeling sad, that he just wanted water , how can one be so cruel be it from forward or backward class.

F*** these A$$holes

I believe myself a Hindu & this guy is a anti Hindu from birth.

from my own thread ( kancha ilaiah on the rss and his own dilemma ), where he says...
Since my ancestors had no say in defining Mr Bhagwat and his ancestors’ religion as Hindu, I choose any religion that I think gives me access to God, dignity in divine realm and equality in that civil society. Does that make me anti-national?

do read that thread.

He also said All Hindu gods killed their enemies and became heroic image

i don't think he actually believes in the existence of 330 million hindu gods... i think he was talking about the mythology... can you tell me what exactly he said??

Such thing never occurred to me or my family or to anyone I know. This kind of thing I have never seen or felt.Never in my birth place & never in my work place which is in different state..

which are those two states??

and a ongoing issue is of iit-madras, where a dalit student's group called "periyar study circle" has been forcibly shut-down by that institute's dean/director/whatever because the group questioned modi sarkaar's work and policies.

All Hindu dalits love their religion.

that is a soft threat or falsity, like declaring all muslims in india love singing "vande mataram".

Political parties are only politicizing it.Discrimination may be happening to a small portion but every religion has this side & its nothing to be concerned about.

even if one person is being discriminated, it is so because it is justified and present openly in society... it is anti-human and should be condemned by every self-respecting human.

Back
Top Bottom