What's new

Daesh Watch

Kompromat

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
This thread will keep track of the terrorist organization Daesh's activities in Pakistan.

We'll monitor the following on this thread.

* Assessment of new 'joinings' from TTP etc.
* Daesh operatives captured/killed
* Financing
* Any political support
* Propaganda directed at Pakistan
* Any alliances with other Terrorist groups
* Tactics and strategies
* Use all of the above to present threat analysis.

Starting Point - Daesh in South Asia's central commander Yousaf al Salafi arrested and a number of low facilitators in custody.

Keep it to the point.

LAHORE (Dunya News) – Inspector General (IG) Punjab Mushtaq Sukhera has stated that the presence of Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) has not been found in Punjab, Dunya News reported on Friday.
While talking to media during the prize distribution ceremony organized by Lahore Police, IG Punjab stated that no relation of the ISIS graffiti has been revealed by any banned organization whereas steps have been taken for the safety of sensitive installations.

Presence of ISIS not found in Punjab: IG Punjab | Pakistan | Dunya News

starting the thread with some good news...

ISIS Can't Get a Foothold in Pakistan, Where Other Groups Dominate
Another article worth the read. It details the similarities between ISIS and TTP and summarizes that there are too many terrorist groups in Pakistan for a new one to thrive. But warns that there are roots being seen. Ends with telling the audience that the Pakistani Government saying that it is going hard against terror but gives a slightly hesitant outlook at continuance of policies.

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan is ready to deal with the dangers of Daish and will proffer all help in the Afghan reconciliation process, the Foreign Office (FO) spokesperson said on Thursday during a media briefing.
Pakistan ready to deal with Daish dangers: FO - thenews.com.pk
All three are recent posts in this week. The main thing we can pick up is that there is a active search going on to find any ISIS splinter group or sympathizers. A very pro active approach is being used to hunt out the group and not let it get a foothold in Pakistan.
ISIS Recruiters Setting Up Shop in Militant-Rich Pakistan -- News from Antiwar.com
I do not know how authentic this source is but there is a this link which is there also.
ISIL infiltrates militant networks in Pakistan | The National
In a series of interviews in Karachi near the border of Balochistan, influential members of that shadow community said the ISIL cells had plugged into a decade-old logistics network shared by militants and criminals that enables them to smuggle people and weapons into Balochistan from Afghanistan, Iran and the north-western tribal areas of Pakistan.

Through a retired Afghan Taliban commander, The National was introduced to the head of an ISIL Khorasan cell in the Makran coastal district of Balochistan.

The ISIL cell leader, a middle-aged ethnic Baloch from Makran, introduced himself as “Rahim”, and said he had previously fought in Afghanistan for the Taliban.

The main fear of propaganda against Pakistan is more from the local news channel which is anti Pakistan and anti army. The damage caused by local news channels is them being linked as references and the news spread in western newspapers.

Last edited:
are there chances of isis coming to pakistan??
i know ttp make alliance with them but they are like already on ventilator..

are there chances of isis coming to pakistan??
i know ttp make alliance with them but they are like already on ventilator..

ISIS and the people that they seem to draw even without contact are most certainly a threat to Pakistan. You can bet on it.

Someone please tell me... what does the word "daesh" mean... and why is it used for ISIS?

I've seen a convoy with the ISIS flag in Zamzama, Karachi! This was last Ramazan. Three Toyota Landcruisers. All in black with the Daesh flag on the front flag pole! Later on we notified the Intelligence and I never saw those cars again. I have also seen many wall chalkings of the ISIS in Karachi.
Has anyone else seen them?

I've seen a convoy with the ISIS flag in Zamzama, Karachi! This was last Ramazan. Three Toyota Landcruisers. All in black with the Daesh flag on the front flag pole! Later on we notified the Intelligence and I never saw those cars again. I have also seen many wall chalkings of the ISIS in Karachi.
Has anyone else seen them?

havent noticed or heard any of their sightings or graffiti in Peshawar.....in Mardan and in N. Waz there were pro daesh writings on the wall near a bunch of shops but the security forces removed it (in the latter case)

if/when you see anyone with the flag or talking good about them or distributing their literature or DVD propagandas - REPORT the motherfuckers. Call security forces hotline # 1135

by the way good job and bravo to you for being active on this.....i hope more such people will do the right thing

According to Ch.Nisar, ISIS itself does not exist in Pakistan, he said in his recent interview to PTW World.
However he continued to say that Some elements in Pakistan, who had taken up arms against state are using the name ISIS to scare off the people........He was pointing towards JHA who vowed allegiance to ISIS, some local militants using the name ISIS, in a desperate attempt to call them out

IS slogans appear on walls in H-9, Islamabad | Asia Despatch

Attachments

• upload_2015-3-13_12-43-3.png
    upload_2015-3-13_12-43-3.png
    264 bytes · Views: 62
IS not a threat to Pakistan: Peshawar Corps Commander
DAWN.COM — UPDATED about 4 hours ago
6 COMMENTS
PRINT
5504393b4402f.jpg

Islamic State (IS) militants at an undisclosed location.- AFP/File
PESHAWAR: Corps Commander Lieutenant General Hidayat-ur-Rehman on Saturday said Middle Eastern terrorist group Daesh (also self-styled as the Islamic State) poses no threat to Pakistan.

Speaking to journalists alongside Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Governor Mehtab Khan Abbasi, Gen Hidayat said there was no need to fret about Daesh or its potential emergence in the country.

“For us it’s just a change of name, and there is no need for Pakistanis to worry. There are several defections in the Taliban now, which are becoming part of Daesh. But we’re well aware of the situation and are able to tackle them effectively,” said the Peshawar Corps Commander.

Gen Hidayat rebuffed the perception that the terrorist group was silently spreading across the country, saying that the army and security forces were in control of the situation.

He added that security forces had been dealing with the Taliban for over 12 years, and Daesh was no different to the TTP.

He also said militant havens have been destroyed with the help of public support, and that the Taliban would not be allowed to hide anywhere.

The Corps Commander revealed that the army was involved in several other operations against militants, apart from operation Zarb-e-Azb.

Daesh— or Islamic State— had recently announced it was setting itself up for operations in Pakistan and Afghanistan.

Know more: Govt in a state of denial about Daesh?

Prime Minister’s Adviser on Foreign Affairs and National Security, Sartaj Aziz, had also mirrored Gen Hidayat’s stance a few weeks ago, saying the emergence of Islamic State is not a real problem for Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom