A1Kaid

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
"Crescent Moon -Symbol of Islam?"

Documentary Produced by Me.

Description:

This Documentary is Produced By Me and explains the history of the prominent Crescent Moon & Star that is found on so many flags of "Muslim Countries". The Documentary explains the Origins, Meaning, And it's adoption and association to Muslims.

Attention!

I would like to Announce, it has been brought to my Attention that the Ottomans may have had the Crescent Moon as a symbol before they captured Constantinople. Nonetheless, the Documentary's main thesis "Crescent Moon" Not being the True symbol of Islam remains!

Sources:

1) Quran

2) Crescent Moon - Symbol of Islam? (Basic Information)

3) Islamic flags (Prophet's Flag)

4)Ottoman flag: Information from Answers.com (Ottoman Flag History)

5)Khonsu, The Lunar God who Came to Greatness (Ancient Egyptian God "Horus")

6)Byzantium (Byzantine Coin)

7) Star and crescent coins (More Byzantine/Roman Coins)

8)NationMaster - Encyclopedia: Byzantium (Constantinople's Flag and Banner)

******Special Note*****

Making this Documentary was difficult! As I had to determine falsehood from Truth, fake from legitimate. It is important for All Devout Muslims to understand that the Crescent Moon & Star are Haram (if idolize or used as symbols for Islam or to represent Muslims) and should never be used (controversial). The Quran says it is Haram to associate any Image or symbol to Allah.

I hope my audience finds my Documentaries educational, groundbreaking, insightful, and interesting, please share your thoughts, criticism and compliments welcomed...

Last edited by a moderator:
The symbol of the crescent moon in Islam represents the Lunar calendar and the Holy Month of Ramadan.

The symbol of the crescent moon in Islam represents the Lunar calendar and the Holy Month of Ramadan.
Nobody is worshiping the crescent, it got adopted from the Ottomans. Worshiping the moon is Haram, using it as a symbol of an event is not. Please do more than a 30 minute research before you insult the Pakistani flag or call us an artificial country. The Pakistani Crescent represents progress and the star represents light. These are visionary symbols, goals to achieve for the Pakistani nation.

Nobody is worshiping the crescent, it got adopted from the Ottomans. Worshiping the moon is Haram, using it as a symbol of an event is not. Please do more than a 30 minute research before you insult the Pakistani flag or call us an artificial country. The Pakistani Crescent represents progress and the star represents light. These are visionary symbols, goals to achieve for the Pakistani nation.

First of All I agree nobody is worshiping the Crescent (as far as genuine Muslims go), nor did I make that direct assertion, so charging me with that is a misplaced penalty...The video goes into referring to the Crescent Moon & Star (which are originally ancient pagan symbols) as Islamic symbols or religious symbols because these symbols can be found on top of Masjids, flags, Islamic banners, etc...In accordance with the Prophet pbuh he never used the Crescent Moon & Flag...

As far as my research goes, reducing my research to "30 minutes" is amusing an quite an ignorant assumption on your part, and you know what they say about assuming :disagree:...How would you know how long I researched this subject? Were you there for the making of the Documentary? (rhetorical)

"The Pakistani Crescent represents progress and the star represents light."

Crescent in no shape or form has ever represented progress, since when did the Crescent moon represent progress? (rhetorical) Now like some of your previous post sources remain absent...The official line maybe the Crescent represents "progress" but this is ambiguous BS to say Crescent Moon represents progress....Like in what way does it represent progress.

"call us an artificial country -Asim Aquil"

Now at 3:55 in my Documentary I said "Today many artificial "Muslim Countries" boast and brandish the Crescent Moon & Star on their flag."

This does not technically mean I am calling Pakistan an artificial country, I was referring to Pakistan's status as a true and genuine Islamic country in accordance with Islam the Quran and Allah, which Pakistan is not, in fact no country on Earth today is either. This is another major subject so it's best not to go there in this thread...

Nobody is saying Pakistan is a false country, it is real, living and breathing, sovereign country with a society, economy, politics, military, culture, and more...

I think you just misunderstood my words...

Again criticism and compliments welcomed...

Last edited:
To A1Kaid, tell me what we are supposed to see outside when its the beginning of the holy month of Ramadan?

Back
Top Bottom