What's new

Creation of Pakistan was huge achievement: Indian journalist

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
creation-of-pakistan-was-huge-achievement-indian-journalist-1353186591-1241.jpg

KARACHI – Muhammad Ali Jinnah did an extraordinary work by creating a new state in the world.
“No one had done like Mr Jinnah did, so far. It was his huge achievement. Jinnah was presented like a villain and a responsible for the division of India through the books, but now the situation has been changed and people are trying to understand him,” said Sheela Reddy, a noted Indian journalist.

She was addressing the students of Mass Communication and Education Departments and the faculty of Sindh Madressatul Islam University (SMIU)’s on Saturday at the SMIU’s Seminar Hall.
She said Jinnah and Mahatma Gandhi were great leaders of the subcontinent but they were the victims of history because they both died in a tragic manner. “These two big personalities had wanted to become the men of destiny and they succeeded in it,” she commented

Sheela Reddy, who is writing a book on Quaid–e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah with the title of “Portrait of Jinnah’s Marriage” said she decided to write a book on Jinnah after going through the book written by Jaswant Singh, former leader of the BJP. “Jaswant Singh used the shoulders of Jinnah to criticise Congress and its leader Jawahar Lal Nehru through the book.”

She further said a little work on Jinnah’s life had been done so far. “This is why, I am trying to compose maximum chapters of his life which are still hidden from the people.”
Reddy said in her childhood, Jinnah was presented like a villain and a responsible for the division of India through the books, but now the situation has been changed and people are trying to understand him. “Later on, I also found another Jinnah in the books written on his life,” she remarked.

She was of the view that the founder of Pakistan belonged to a poor family in comparison of Gandhi, who belonged to a family of bureaucrats. She said Jinnah’s mother was extremely religious and he was very influenced by his mother. But he received his education in the atmosphere of liberal British traditions. This is why his dressing code, soft speech and norms were totally different from Gandhi.

Reddy said when he came to Bombay as a barrister, he became so much popular in the City within a few months in the presence of senior lawyers and barristers. That is why, not only Muslims but Hindus and Parsis were giving their cases to him, from which he earned a handsome amount of money. She said in Bombay, Gujrati community preferred Jinnah rather Gandhi and had meetings with him to resolve their problems.

The Indian journalist said Jinnah after passing ninth class from Sindh Madressatul Islam went to London, where he cleared the “Little Go” examination and got admission in Lincolns Inn. She said once Jinnah had said to his sister Fatima Jinnah that “You are matriculate and I am non-matriculate.” Jinnah’s father Poonja Jeena was keenly interested in Jinnah’s education in London. Because he wanted to see his son as a highly successful.

She also said that when Jinnah was in the Congress he not only was representing Muslims in the Congress but tried to bring them in its folder by organizing joint meetings of the Congress and Muslims.Dr Muhammad Ali Shaikh, Vice Chancellor of SMIU welcomed Sheela Reddy on her visit to SMIU and said that a few people had researched on Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah so far. Therefore, more people should come forward and does real research work on the politics and life of the Quaid.

He said, during his visit and meeting with the vice chancellor of Bombay University some years back, an MoU was signed between Sindh Madressatul Islam and Bombay University, in which it was decided that students and faculty members of both the institutions will visit these institutions. But so far, it has not been materialized. Dr Muhammad Ali Shaikh said the interaction between intellectuals, students and academicians of both the sides of border should be enhanced. He also suggested that the relationship between the educational institutions of both the sided should be flourished.Dr Shaikh also presented a brief account of Quaid–e-Azam’s education period at the SMI and his love for his alma mater.

Creation of Pakistan was huge achievement: Indian journalist | The Nation

I think with the advent of internet and communication medium, Indian public is much more aware about sequence of events that lead to creation of Pakistan that before....So i feel the respect for Jinah will slowly grow to the level he deserves in Indian Media....And believe me...my feeling is that in case Jinah would have leaved for another 20 year like Nehru....Then the landscape of Pakistan would be different and so also India Pakistan relation may not have been so drastically bad....

He was a great dude. Certainly Pakistan would not have been created without him. But I do wish he could have held out and did a little better in terms of settlement in the eastern wing. But regardless without him destiny of the Muslims in the subcontinent would have been miserable indeed.

I think Jinnah is one of the most underrated Indian politicians, he used to be a Congressi until 1920s, until when he saw what a headache Muslims would be in the future development of India, and made the biggest sacrifice to his nation by getting rid of the cancer, only to be known as an anti-national by the future Indian masses for a sacrifice he had to make. Love you Jinnah, and one day all when more Indians know the truth, all of us will realize what a big sacrifice you made to the Motherland.

He was a great dude. Certainly Pakistan would not have been created without him. But I do wish he could have held out and did a little better in terms of settlement in the eastern wing. But regardless without him destiny of the Muslims in the subcontinent would have been miserable indeed.

Actually, there was a Lahore resolution and it is still there in Minar e Pakistan area stating BD as a separate state. It was proposed by Chaudhry Rehmat Ali. Anyhow, that didnt work out with Jinnah, but nevertheless, if Pakistan had achieved independence alone then BD would have had to face Indian masses to get their own independence. As far as East and West Pakistan split is concerned, it had to happen sometime later....

I think Jinnah is one of the most underrated Indian politicians, he used to be a Congressi until 1920s, until when he saw what a headache Muslims would be in the future development of India, and made the biggest sacrifice to his nation by getting rid of the cancer, only to be known as an anti-national by the future Indian masses for a sacrifice he had to make. Love you Jinnah, and one day all when more Indians know the truth, all of us will realize what a big sacrifice you made to the Motherland.

I agree with you...I feel also the same...Jinah is the most underrated politician in our history..If people children and grand children of Nehry familly can be called as a great leader of our nation...Then of course Jinah is far better respected leader that today's most of the Congi Political leader...Think about a situation, without creation of Pakistan, the life of both Hindus and Muslims may have become like people in Somali like fighting with each other like rats...

Hats of to the another great leader of British India....at lease we are really thankful for his foresight about creation of Pakistan will lead to peace in South Asia..

When Ghandi came from South Africa, Jinnah had organized a massive audience to greet him. Don't take it as an offence of what i'm about to tell you in history. When Ghandi came to give a speech, he started off saying "i'm amused to see a mohammadin (meaning a muslim) not only head of Gujrat sabha but also its member. This was the first 'dent'...

Actually, there was a Lahore resolution and it is still there in Minar e Pakistan area stating BD as a separate state. It was proposed by Chaudhry Rehmat Ali. Anyhow, that didnt work out with Jinnah, but nevertheless, if Pakistan achieved independence then BD would have had to face Indian masses alone. This East and West Pakistan split had to happen sometime later....

In the early part of 1900s there was also talk of giving Bengal independence on its own as it had a functioning democracy with its own parliament etc. congress opposed it.

Anyway whatever happened happened. A lot of Muslims in Bengal fell in the wrong side of the border. But life moves on. Current situation is optimal. Bangladesh has made progress following the devastation of 1971 and all the political issues since then and I suspect the progress however minor in comparison to other countries maybe would not have happened unless we stood on our own.

In the early part of 1900s there was also talk of giving Bengal independence on its own as it had a functioning democracy with its own parliament etc. congress opposed it.

Anyway whatever happened happened. A lot of Muslims in Bengal fell in the wrong side of the border. But life moves on. Current situation is optimal. Bangladesh has made progress following the devastation of 1971 and all the political issues since then and I suspect the progress however minor in comparison to other countries maybe would not have happened unless we stood on our own.

Its good that we split. There is nothing personal. Technically, we don't share the same history, nor culture, nor language, nor races, nor geographical location.

Actually, there was a Lahore resolution and it is still there in Minar e Pakistan area stating BD as a separate state. It was proposed by Chaudhry Rehmat Ali. Anyhow, that didnt work out with Jinnah, but nevertheless, if Pakistan had achieved independence alone then BD would have had to face Indian masses to get their own independence. As far as East and West Pakistan split is concerned, it had to happen sometime later....

I believe Lahore regulation(Qarardad-e-Pakistan) was presented by Sher-e-Bengal Malvi A.K Fazlul Haq though Chaudhary Rehmat Ali's map suggest that Bangladesh was not part of original Pakistan.

MAPOFRAHMATPLAN.jpg

Back
Top Bottom