What's new

COULD THE FC-31 FACTOR INTO PAKISTAN’S NEXT-GEN FIGHTER PLANS?

Another Thread of Assumptions !!!
Are the Stealth Jets are capable for Dog Fight ?
why FC-31 Why not J-20 for PAF ?
Operate J-20 needs too much resources than FC-31 for PAF

The growth cannot be doubted as FC-31 V2.0 reportedly having WS-13 engine is a big jump from Russian Engine in 1st version of FC-31. Indeed, we are expecting Chinese achievement in this field as well to be successive as directly or indirectly, it is going to benefit us not just because we will be supplied but in broader terms, FC-1/JF-17 story is good enough to understand the chemistry of Pakistan China moving ahead together by working with Chinese Engineers to share our experience by handling the western platforms as well, learn and gain for future self reliance. I am concerned more about Engine development alongwith AirCraft nowadays.
  • WS-13E - 90 kilonewtons (20,000 lbf) thrust with afterburner

Brother, RD93 smoke heavily. A fifth gen can't carry a smoky engine. I love PAF, the same level I love PLAAF. So sometimes I want to push PAF the same level I want to push PLAAF. China Pakistan Zindabad! When J20b carry WS15 flying in the sky, we will have a party! China is on the threshold to prosperity and rise again, so as Pakistan!

The main job China is doing now: seperate the development of Engine from fighter jet ! Design fighter jet based on Engine development, not the contra versa like used to be. A independent engine company had been established apart from AVIC. And now a dedicated engine R&D institution is setting up in Beijing, means the government want to supervise the engine development under its very own eye.

That is brilliant. China has all the technological underpinnings for this venture now. Knowledge of materials science, supercomputing for analzying the thermodynamics and gas flow, all the pieces are falling into place.

I swear that China will tick out the engine problem in the near future. No matter how much money spent and how many people sacrifice. China had enhanced its emphasis on jet engine into strategic level! If WS15 with 18 tons plus wet thrust could be put into operation in 2019, China will be a leading country in engine technology. We have timeline, we never slack loose ourself. We know the responsibly on our shoulder!

PAF's target is to be the first user of 5th gen fighter in the sub continent. China has been the first one in Asia inducting 5th gen fighter, I hope Pakistan will catch up.
When she hasn't???

any information about per hour operational cost comparison of FC-31 vs J-20 ???
It is like comparing F-16 with F-15 or Mig-29 with SU-35, the difference is almost double..

At least one Sqd of J-20 PAF can afford to operate for specific role.
An Nuclear power should have this type of Technology to handle adversary powers.

It is like comparing F-16 with F-15 or Mig-29 with SU-35, the difference is almost double..
I think according to PAF limited resources the acquisition of FC-31 or J-20 stealth fighters for PAF depends on Indo Russia PAK-FA development and inclusion in IAF .

I think according to PAF limited resources the acquisition of FC-31 or J-20 stealth fighters for PAF depends on Indo Russia PAK-FA development and inclusion in IAF .
Might be, but remember that Pakistan went for Submarines with AIP first.., there is no need to wait, there is already a gap created in the airforce, for India is getting the Rafale.. for countering the PAK-FA there might be a possibility of few squadrons of the J-20 and/or the TFX..

Might be, but remember that Pakistan went for Submarines with AIP first.., there is no need to wait, there is already a gap created in the airforce, for India is getting the Rafale.. for countering the PAK-FA there might be a possibility of few squadrons of the J-20 and/or the TFX..
J-10B/C, even JF-17 with AESA can wrestles hand with Rafale, J-20/FC-31 will defeat PAK-FA, and all of them can come into use before Rafale and PAK-FA in IAF. PAF has time to make a decision.

I think India will buy fgfa but small nos only.

The Indians have taken account of the huge operating. Cost of a fifth gen fighter it's like double per hour of the flankers and the fifth gen fighters only fly once every 48 hours .

This us why India will stick to flankers rafale mirage and tejas mostly well into next decade.

But good luck to Pakistan operating and buying j20/j31 and tfx all in a budget equal to one fifth of the Indian air force

significance of Chinese Submarines deal are the necessary in context of importance of safeguard of GAWADAR Sea Port the main key project of CPEC.
If you generally look into the IAF strategy they always trying to maintain the edge over PAF other hand PAF is trying hard to filled this gap as recently inducted F-16 from different sources and JF-17 Block-II Rafale delivery time is 2022 until than PAF will be able to fill this gap by Chaines, Turkish or can be possible US options.

Last edited:
Regarding interceptor role J20/Fc31 and jf17 block3 combo will handle near future threats very effectively including Sukhoi T50. That is air2air role.

For ground strikes scenario deep inside India every asset would be in danger to return back.with vhf radars and s400 in place it would be a high risk small return op.

For air2ground role it is more preferrable in my opinion to use wing body delta uavs like rq170 sentinel copies of China and Iran to pinpoint targets and then use long range land attack cruise missiles from land sea or air launch deep inside from your territory. Cruise missiles should have rcs measures ofcourse like paint or shape.

F-35:
Unlikely due to geopolitical situations
Superior overall performance
Unmatched networking capabilities
Might be unaffordable without military aid

J-20:
Unlikely due to technology sensitivity and PLAAF demand
Superior air superiority performance & range
Expensive
No tech transfer/production

PAK-FA:
Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope.

TFX:
Long lasting cost until program finished
Might not benefit until ~2030
Unknown capabilities as program is still in initial phase(Better or worse, could go either way)
Experiences for developing a 5th gen fighter from ground up
Guaranteed tech transfer
High possibility of local production
Runs the risk of parts being embargoed
Likely higher cost per aircraft compared to FC-31 due to imported parts

FC-31:
Lower initial cost
Receives aircrafts much earlier
Predictable capabilities as there already are 2 prototypes flying
Low development experience gained (Project already through prototyping phase, might gain experience through following developments&feedback)
Possible tech transfer and partia llocal production
Low risk of embargo

If it's up to me, I'll get a few FC-31 for trails and integration before joining TFX.
Too much uncertainty to throw everything at TFX.
Therefore in the event of TFX running into trouble or imminent war, FC-31 can be quickly introduced.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom