What's new

COULD THE FC-31 FACTOR INTO PAKISTAN’S NEXT-GEN FIGHTER PLANS?

The are two tech demonstrators of the j31.
The engine I'd still a Russian power plant as the ws13,is still under development .
The plane needs ten more prototyoes to test engines radar ew suites and new weapons.

This plane then needs the infrarstucture support to be built .

I think we are talking ten years before it's exported any where.

Reality is paf will have to wait until 2027

Pakistanis immediate focus should how to check mate the su30mki and soon to arrive rafale f3,.

The French will deliver the first batch in 2019.
The last of 272.mki will be delivered in the same year.

At this stage Pakistan has not made a real effort to answer this threat by 2020 .

A new order of block 52 is needed or another stop gap until 2027 .

I'm.not convinced buying used f16 block a or b is a suitable doctrine now

The engine I'd still a Russian power plant as the ws13,is still under development .
The plane needs ten more prototyoes to test engines radar ew suites and new weapons.

2027? Will be too late. I guess if PAF place orders, no later than end of 2021. China had accumulated lots of experience in developing J20. We have bunch of mature tech to make FC31 operational in a short period of time.

Last edited:
PAF will have chance to exercise with Su35 soon as the the first batch of 4 units had been delivered to China on 25th December.
they will take time to integrate with PLA.

looking forward to see that exercise.

Pakistanis immediate focus should how to check mate the su30mki and soon to arrive rafale f3,.

The French will deliver the first batch in 2019.
The last of 272.mki will be delivered in the same year.

At this stage Pakistan has not made a real effort to answer this threat by 2020 .

A new order of block 52 is needed or another stop gap until 2027 .

I'm.not convinced buying used f16 block a or b is a suitable doctrine now

Some of the timelines China has developed things in are amazing.

I suspect Pakistan will induct a few of these very quickly and like the JF17s start flying the plane and creating the combat doctrines as the plane develops

JF17 block 3 is just around the corner and if its further development has pushed it into being as capable as the F16s or J10s then It just do

It's amazing to see that no body has so far mentioned the mamoth problem of economy in this thread.Biggest issue is money..PAF has no money..The suggestions is this thread are too ambitious and non practical for an airforce which gets a mere $3,4 billion annually.
Or should I say this thread is full of dreams and aspirations instead of practical solutions.

Reading this forum I think we are going to be the Airforce Superpower of the world.F 35, F 18, F 22,J 10, J 20,EF,SU 35 and many more into consideration.Everyday a new fighter makes its place in PDF rather then PAF.
Be patient my friends till we order something.

It's amazing to see that no body has so far mentioned the mamoth problem of economy in this thread.Biggest issue is money..PAF has no money..The suggestions is this thread are too ambitious and non practical for an airforce which gets a mere $3,4 billion annually.
Or should I say this thread is full of dreams and aspirations instead of practical solutions.

I think the constraints where demonstrated clearly last year.

USA offered 18 block 52.
Paf wanted just 8 block 52.

The deal collapsed over USA decision to decline part funding.

The 8 block 52.was for mere 750 million dollars.

I think this was a clear demonstration of the cash issues.

And yes some of these super fighters are way way out of reach for the current Pakistani military.

I think continued progress in thunders and used falcons is most likely upto at least 2020

I think the constraints where demonstrated clearly last year.

USA offered 18 block 52.
Paf wanted just 8 block 52.

The deal collapsed over USA decision to decline part funding.

The 8 block 52.was for mere 750 million dollars.

I think this was a clear demonstration of the cash issues.

And yes some of these super fighters are way way out of reach for the current Pakistani military.

I think continued progress in thunders and used falcons is most likely upto at least 2020

That deal collapsed simply because the U.S changed the terms of sale at the last moment

If someone offers you something at half price and then suddenly at the last moment tries to charge you full price you would be pissed off too

If we can buy 8 subs of multi billions we can buy these

Pakistan is growing and we must secure our future now

Pakistan should increase the defence budget $12 billions

Realistically its close to that number anyway

Reading this forum I think we are going to be the Airforce Superpower of the world.F 35, F 18, F 22,J 10, J 20,EF,SU 35 and many more into consideration.Everyday a new fighter makes its place in PDF rather then PAF.
Be patient my friends till we order something.
You are both right in the perception of the economic miseries of Pakistan. However please also remember that PAFs options with regards to maintaing a platform acting as a deterrant for our adversaries are limited.
The western platforms are beyond our capabilities for the very reasons which you have described. Our relations with the mighty US have become tepid from being warm. The trust deficit between the two is close to Zero if not actually so. So the red bear is being touted as our saviour with a sub Zero trust deficit and no history of managing Russian planes.
The Chinese on the other hand are our trusted friends and we can hqve armaments from them without feear of sanction although there are still problems of a different nature which need resolving.
So in essence we need a technologically superior plane which we might be able to use as per our needs without any fear.
The two Es(economy and suitable engines ) are problems which have plagued our acquisitions for the last many years. Although strides have been taken in solving the two, one remaons a problem that is unlikely to improvein the near future.
So in short the next acquisition is likely to be from China as and when it becomes available.
Commonality of engine is a big factor favouring a Chinese acquisition. So the likelihood is that whatever we buy we wipl have a common engine for cost saving purposes.
A

Then why u r buying jf17 under loan from china?

We have alot to build and buy in terms of total military procurement

But good things are happening in Pakistan and if we keep on track our military budget will rise appropriately over the next decade

Back
Top Bottom