What's new

Could Pakistan Rangers help fight crime in Pakistani areas of the UK?

ThunderCat

Reaction score
A few years ago the German government imported police from Turkey to patrol areas in Germany populated by Turks. It was because each time German police acted against the Turkish population, there was a lot of racial tension.

Given the insecurity and racial tensions in many Pakistani populated parts of the UK like Manchester and Glasgow, and the bad relations between the British police and many troublesome middle class Pakistanis, could the Sindh or Punjab Rangers or both play a role in providing law & order to these areas?

I'm also asking this knowing the much more positive records and reputation the Rangers have in Pakistan fighting crime. In 2012 they are claimed to have caught over 19,000 criminals and thwarted a number of target killers.

Also we know that a lot of law breakers in Pakistan don't take police seriously and sometimes fight with police, but don't dare to try it with Rangers. That's why I think Rangers would be a better choice in curbing crime in Pakistani areas of the UK over the police.

I'd also recommend against using the Frontier Corps (FC) in these areas of the UK; especially FC Balochistan, since they have human rights abuses in their records and could create resentment amongst Pakistani Baloch expatriates.

What are forum members opinion on it? Would it work? Discuss.

A few years ago the German government imported police from Turkey to patrol areas in Germany populated by Turks. It was because each time German police acted against the Turkish population, there was a lot of racial tension.

Given the insecurity and racial tensions in many Pakistani populated parts of the UK like Manchester and Glasgow, and the bad relations between the British police and many troublesome middle class Pakistanis, could the Sindh or Punjab Rangers or both play a role in providing law & order to these areas?

I'm also asking this knowing the much more positive records and reputation the Rangers have in Pakistan fighting crime. In 2012 they are claimed to have caught over 19,000 criminals and thwarted a number of target killers.

Also we know that a lot of law breakers in Pakistan don't take police seriously and sometimes fight with police, but don't dare to try it with Rangers. That's why I think Rangers would be a better choice in curbing crime in Pakistani areas of the UK over the police.

I'd also recommend against using the Frontier Corps (FC) in these areas of the UK; especially FC Balochistan, since they have human rights abuses in their records and could create resentment amongst Pakistani Baloch expatriates.

We need our rangers in Pakistan ....Maybe when Pakistan becomes more stable or UK police can grow a pair and act like a police! The worth of the British police was handed to them when riots broke all over UK in 2011 esp with the London riots! Look at American police they never needed to beg the Scotland yard to come and collect their immigrants!

We need our rangers in Pakistan ....Maybe when Pakistan becomes more stable or UK police can grow a pair and act like a police! The worth of the British police was handed to them when riots broke all over UK in 2011 esp with the London riots! Look at American police they never needed to beg the Scotland yard to come and collect their immigrants!
You shouldn't be taking UK and US police like other third word police. They didn't do anything because they value human life more than materials and not because they couldn't kill protesters like we do in subcontinent. If UK had riots, US too had similar riots, LA and Ferguson come to mind.
On topic: You should use rangers to fight crime in Pak first... and if they do like what they did in Karachi some time ago, they will not be considered police but criminals in any developed world.

throw some parties to sons of Nawaz Sharif's and zardari..... and UK can have all Pakistan army at their service!

This thread is a joke right? because if not, its utter bollocks.

'bad relations between the British police and many troublesome middle class Pakistanis', and 'Pakistani areas in the UK' where ???

Yup.. Surely looks like it.

@OP ..
Do you think Rangers and FC are police or LEA's? Coz they are Paramilitary forces lead by Army officers and their main responsibility is securing Paks borders and fighting wars/insurgents etc...

It's due to the nincompoop govt of Sindh due to which Sindh Rangers are also deployed in Karachi..

Just no.....

01-how-about-no-bear.jpg

The Rangers have enough of a task in parts of Karachi alone.....Forget UK!!!!

I recommend stop smoking weed and other hard core drugs,get help right away. Oh yes and don't start threads based on your personal experience with the police.

This thread is a joke right? because if not, its utter bollocks.

'bad relations between the British police and many troublesome middle class Pakistanis', and 'Pakistani areas in the UK' where ???

Oh are you telling me there are no areas in Manchester, Glasgow, London that have no Pakistani neighborhoods, shops, resteraunts? Are you the one who's joking here? Are you telling me racial tensions and riots never occurred in areas like Bradford before? Again are you the one who's joking?

I recommend stop smoking weed and other hard core drugs,get help right away. Oh yes and don't start threads based on your personal experience with the police.
LOL are you telling me this my own personal experience with the police. Not sure if it's you who's smoking weed:

The Rangers have enough of a task in parts of Karachi alone.....Forget UK!!!!
I obviously mean in the future, not while they are needed in Pak. They did a good job peace keeping for the United Nations abroad before, surely they could do it again?

On topic: You should use rangers to fight crime in Pak first... and if they do like what they did in Karachi some time ago, they will not be considered police but criminals in any developed world.

Are you referring to the unfortunate killing of Sarfaraz Shah. That was just one ranger. Other rangers i read somewhere condemned the killing. And rangers have done a great job in peacekeeping both in Pakistan & abroad.

Last edited:

This is perhaps the most insane thing I've ever read. No, it would not work, nor should the UK allow such a thing. The FC is a paramilitary force, they're not trained police. Frankly, the UK has better trained law enforcement to handle such issues. Next, those Pakistanis whom went to the UK, they expect the local police to do their job, as they should. There is no reason to send in a foreign force, that would be considered hostile by the native population.

Your suggestion is insane.

This is perhaps the most insane thing I've ever read. No, it would not work, nor should the UK allow such a thing. The FC is a paramilitary force, they're not trained police. Frankly, the UK has better trained law enforcement to handle such issues. Next, those Pakistanis whom went to the UK, they expect the local police to do their job, as they should. There is no reason to send in a foreign force, that would be considered hostile by the native population.

Your suggestion is insane.
Well if they are it's not always working and sometimes escalates the situation. Rangers would obviously be unarmed (well maybe with batons, not with guns) and only be deployed in areas with Pakistanis, where white people except police avoid going. Rangers have dealt with riots in Pakistan and served abroad for peacekeeping, why couldn't they do it again? FC is not a trained police as in investigating, but they have been given policing powers in the past. They have fought for the police many times.

It could help root out criminals and defuse racial tensions.

Oh are you telling me there are no areas in Manchester, Glasgow, London that have no Pakistani neighborhoods, shops, resteraunts? Are you the one who's joking here? Are you telling me racial tensions and riots never occurred in areas like Bradford before? Again are you the one who's joking?

LOL are you telling me this my own personal experience with the police. Not sure who's smoking weed.

Pot head, what does the video you posted have any thing to do with England or this propogenda thread you started? Put up the country flags you are from ?

Back
Top Bottom