What's new

Communal Riots in India 1947-2003

Imran Khan

PDF VETERAN
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
this post i make for answer in other thread but letter i decide to open a seprate thread on it as it has nothing to do with pakistani hindus. you guys daily day night cry on pakistani hindus sikh ahmdies what abut you own track record of Communal Riots in India?. read this PDF and know each and every riot claim how many lives and why its happen and when its happen

Institute of Peace and Conflict Studies (IPCS), New Delhi, India

March 2004
Communal Riots in India
A Chronology (1947-2003)

This article provides a chronology of communal riots that occurred in India from 1947 to 2003. It specifies the communities and organizations involved, examines casualty numbers and discusses the inquiring bodies and their results. The author distinguishes three phases of communal riots. The first two are linked to political and economic reasons whereas the final period is characterized by religious sentiments due to the emergence of Hindutva politics.

1953 kota riots

1956 kota riots

1963 jabalpur riots

Rourkela riots

Calcutta riots

Jamshedpur riots

1967 ranchi riots

1968 ourangabad riots

1968 Karimganj Assam riots

1969 ahmedabad riots

1970 Bhiwandi Maharashtra riots

May 1970 Jalgaon Maharashtra riots

May 1970 Mahad,Maharashtra riots

November1972Nonari andSajni, UttarPradesh riots

October1977Varanasi,Uttar Pradesh riots

March 1978 Sambhal, UttarPradesh riots

October1978Aligarh, UttarPradesh riots

September1978Hyderabad,AndhraPradesh riots

April 1979 Jamshedpur,Bihar riots

August 1980 Moradabad,UttarPradesh riots

April 1981 Biharsharif,Bihar riots

September1982Meerut,UniversityPress riots

December1982Baroda,Gujarat riots

May 1983 Malur,Karnataka riots

June 1983 Malegaon,Maharashtra riots

October1983Hazaribagh,Bihar riots

September1983Hyderabad riots

May 1984 Bhiwandi,Maharashtra riots

April 1985 Ahmedabad riots

July 1986 Ahmedabad riots

April, May1987Meerut riots

October1989Indore riots

September1989Kota,Rajasthan riots

March 1989 Bhadrak,Orissa riots

April toDecember1990Gujarat riots

January and April 1991Gujarat riots

October1990Ahmedabad riots

October1990Jaipur riots

October1990Jodhpur,Rajasthan riots

October,1990Lucknow riots

November1990Agra riots

April-May1990Kanpur riots

October1990Delhi riots

October1990Hailakandi,Assam riots

October1990Beawar,Maharashtra riots

October1989-90Bhagalpur,Bihar riots

October1990Patna riots

November1990Indore,MadhyaPradesh riots

December1990Hassan,Mandya,Madikeri andMysore,Karnataka riots

October1990Hyderabad riots

December1990Hyderabad riots

May-November1991Benaras, UP riots

May 1991 Baroda, UP riots

October1992Sitamarhi,Bihar riots

December1992 surat riots

,January1993Bombay riots

December1992Bhopal riots

March 1995 Madras riots

July 1995 Palmau, Bihar riots

September1995Madras andHyderabad riots

January1998Kanpur riots

February1998Ajmer,Rajasthan riots

February1998Coimbatore blasts riots

May 1998 Moradabad,UniversityPress riots

June 1998 Hyderabad riots

July 1998 Bardoli andSanjeli, Gujarat riots

October1998Nalanda andMungher, Bihar riots

October1998Ahwa andDang districts,Gujarat riots

December1998Suratkul,Karnataka riots

September1999Surat riots

March 2001 Nalanda, Bihar clashes

April 2001 Beawar,Rajasthan riots

July 2001 Moradabad,UP riots

October2001Malegaon,Maharashtra riots

February,2002Ahmedabad Gujarat riots

October2002Sholapur,Maharashtra riots

May 2003 Marad, Kerala riots

Communal Riots in India

only 10 years date show to us we even never slap 6541 miniorties but you guys killed them which your home ministry accept it .

According to the Home Ministry data between 2001 and 2009 6,541 communal clashes occurred and 2,234 persons were killed. Though the number of communal clashes may be correct officially the number of casualties is never reported accurately in official records for various reasons. In 2002 in Gujarat alone, all non-official sources agree, was 2000 dead and official sources are showing number of deaths between 2001 sand 2009 i.e. over a period of 8 years as 2,234 i.e. minus Gujarat total number of dead over a period of 8 years in all only 234 persons died which can hardly be accurate. But if we take official figure of dead in Gujarat riots of 2002 as 1000, then over a period of 8 years 1234 people died i.e. more than 150 people per year which is not so small, after all.

http://www.isn.ethz.ch/isn/Digital-...3-1e9c-be1e-2c24-a6a8c7060233&lng=en&id=29056

no more BS on pakistan or else we keep alive this thread as slap

And still India is a thriving economy and a democracy and just turn back yourself and evaluate your country's position
Also the muslim population in India grows from 8 percent post Independence to 15 percent and in pakistan the hindu population decrease from 20 to less than 2 percent.....

And still India is a thriving economy and a democracy and just turn back yourself and evaluate your country's position

genocide can defend by economy ? just check the numbers of those dead can your economy bring them back?:disagree:

I will start and end with just one word which is the sum total of Kashmir, the North East Insurgencies, the Maoist movement and the Communal Riots in India from 1947-2003 : 1971.

Answer is no!

But it certainly can prevent more riots from happening

Notice the fact , larger portion of the list includes cities whose states are economically backward

i agree with you knowldge and good economy can save humanity only .whats your old name i don't recognize you man ?

genocide can defend by economy ? just check the numbers of those dead can your economy bring them back?:disagree:

Do even know what genocide means ??

And the reason for posting this 2004 article is ?

no more BS on pakistan or else we keep alive this thread as slap

Slap..ji huzoor. :lol:

How about how many lives lost to communal/sectarian violence in India in the last 10 years and the corresponding number in Pakistan during the same time given the fact while India is teeming with multiple religions, in Pak 97% follow the same religion.

This shows while we evolve in a positive direction, the reverse is happening in Pakistan.

Communal riots in Tamilnadu??? two times in Madras/Chennai one time in Coimbatore??? really I don't knw. I think most the people knw the difference between bomb blast and riots.

Communal riots in Tamilnadu??? two times in Madras/Chennai one time in Coimbatore??? really I don't knw. I think most the people knw the difference between bomb blast and riots.

you should click PDF file and read abut details bomb blasts need one more long thread bachy :rofl:

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

Do even know what genocide means ??

And the reason for posting this 2004 article is ?

its stopped at 2004? i don't think so :whistle: report thread if you feel its wrong :P

you should click PDF file and read abut details bomb blasts need one more long thread bachy :rofl:

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

its stopped at 2004? i don't think so :whistle: report thread if you feel its wrong :P

I knw bomb blast happened in Coimbatore 1998 , my question is how many muslims died in riots after that incident???? that is more important ryt. If one Hindu killing a muslim or vice versa happened we won't consider that act as communal riot its purely personal.

I think this source is not creditable even it from ICPS.

If anyone other than a Premium member had started this thread it would have been closed by now and the member given an infraction. A country of 1 BILLION living in close proximity to one another, these things happen. Add to this mix ignorance and bear bating politicans.

Back
Top Bottom