What's new

CM Fadnavis opposed offer of Rs .5 cr. contribution from film makers to Army Welfare Fund

Hindustani78

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Updated: October 25, 2016 12:48 IST
http://www.thehindu.com/features/ci...-on-mnss-rs-5-crore-demand/article9265677.ece

Karan Johar’s film faced protests by MNS workers for casting Pakistani actor Fawad Khan.
Under fire for “brokering” a deal between producers of Ae Dil Hai Mushkil and Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray, Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis has maintained that he opposed the offer of Rs .5 crore contribution from the film makers to the Army Welfare Fund.

Karan Johar’s film faced protests by MNS workers for casting Pakistani actor Fawad Khan. The film’s smooth release, scheduled to open on October 28, was ensured at a meeting among the Film Producers’ Guild, the producers and Mr. Thackeray, mediated by Mr. Fadnavis last week. A key demand conceded at he meeting was Rs 5 crore contribution from the film makers to the Army Welfare Fund.

“Thackeray had put three demands, out of which there was no objections to the other two. When the issue of Rs 5 crore came up, I intervened and made it clear to the Film Producers’ Guild that they need not have to agree to it. I also told them that the contribution has to be made voluntarily. However, it was the producers’ decision to accept it,” Mr. Fadnavis said at his residence, ‘Varsha’.

“I categorically told that although it is nice that the Guild has decided to stand by the families of our martyrs but it is not a compulsion. Still if they wish to do, they may contribute whatever amount they feel [is] appropriate. This figure of [Rs] 5 crore came from the MNS but was not agreed in the meeting and turned down then and there only,” he said.

When asked about allegations of “brokering” the deal, he said, “Another choice was deploying thousands of police staff outside theatres [when the film releases]. I would then faced allegations like I have spoiled Diwali holiday mood of police staff. Issues should be solved by talking, and we are a democratic government.”

Before intervention, the Mumbai Police had arrested MNS activists, hence there should not be any doubts about the government’s intentions. Some even called that the government is playing both sides, which is not true, he added.

The BJP’s ally, the Shiv Sena, has slammed the Chief Minister’s intervention in the matter and termed Fadnavis’s act “siding with Pakistani personalities.”

On this, Mr. Fadnavis said, “Did our governments not talk with separatists like Hurriyat [Conference] or negotiate with Naxal groups for peace? Then holding discussions with a political party, though this is comparatively a minor one [issue], should not be criticised so bitterly. I think, successful mediation has disappointed some people.”

He also refuted charges of going soft on the MNS and emphasised that there was “no political motive” behind such negotiations.

Fadnavis is the best that Maharashtra Can ever have... What he did as a mediator is a commendable job...

instead of playing politics and deploying thousands of police force on state theaters wasting public money and private property he solved the issue at the cost mere 4 cups of tea...

The whole thing looked utterly stupid and embarrassing from the start.
Did Army asked for any donations? Who gave right to MNS to force a film maker into toeing their line in name of patriotism?
This is plain extortion and unfortunately as always state government seems to be wilting in heat of street hooliganism.
Its a case of class bully allowed to continue mischievous behavior and extremely regrettable.
@Joe Shearer @Bombaywalla @Abingdonboy @GURU DUTT

Did Army asked for any donations? Who gave right to MNS to force a film maker into toeing their line in name of patriotism?
This is plain extortion and unfortunately as always state government seems to be wilting in heat of street hooliganism.
Its a case of class bully allowed to continue mischievous behavior and extremely regrettable.

RT is a sick attention-seeking bastard period

Pardon my language.

thing is its actually MNS asking 5 corore from every producer but in name of Indian army

Pardon my language.
no he is seaking 5 corore from every producer hirirng pakistani actors .... think about it :coffee:

Quite right, chief. And also a horrible failure of governance, when the constitutionally appointed Chief Minister became a broker for a breaker of the law and his victim.

Pardon my language.

Pardoned. Do it again. I loved your language.

Fadnavis is the best that Maharashtra Can ever have... What he did as a mediator is a commendable job...

instead of playing politics and deploying thousands of police force on state theaters wasting public money and private property he solved the issue at the cost mere 4 cups of tea...

It was not his job to mediate between law-breakers and the law-abiding. It was his job to run the state according to the constitution. He didn't.

Pardoned. Do it again. I loved your language.

hah when it comes to RT and his disgusting little savages for workers, I've always got the choicest expletives loaded and ready. I can't stand his 10th-fail face, the miserable little angry twit that he is.

I love how insignificant the RTs of the world are without their shady, barbaric workers.

Cm was part of a meeting where it was forced upon producers to shell out money for releasing there movies, now facing the heat he is backing off because Army has refused to accept such forced donations which are nothing but a form of extortion money. donation to any relief fund is always voluntary and army has refused to be part of this goonda gardi by MNS

No political party nor patriot Indians can forget the sacrifices gave by the Soldiers and families of the Indian Security Forces.

Money which is being earned by the foreign actors and actress in Bollywood is in reality the money of Indian tax payers and where we Indians are not respected and our nation is been disrespected then what is the use to let these foreign actors and actress to work in Republic of India ?

They have been even Indian intelligence reports that money is being sent from UK and EU nations to create chaos inside Republic of India. So here Indian Intelligence agencies, IB, RAW, CBI, CID have to check how the money is being used by all the actors and actress.

Cm was part of a meeting where it was forced upon producers to shell out money for releasing there movies, now facing the heat he is backing off because Army has refused to accept such forced donations which are nothing but a form of extortion money. donation to any relief fund is always voluntary and army has refused to be part of this goonda gardi by MNS

Karan Johar has said that 5 Cr will be given to the families of the Martyred Indian soldiers .

Agar Hindustan ki fauj hain tou Karan Johar aaise Hindustan may bahut ho sakte hain. Desh may jo khel rahe hain , un ko Hindustaniyon ki zindagiyon say khelne ka kohi haq nahi hai.

Azaadi saaron ko free may mile hain. Native Hindustaniyon say zyada , In Loggon kay zindagiya ache hain .

No political party nor patriot Indians can forget the sacrifices gave by the Soldiers and families of the Indian Security Forces.

Money which is being earned by the foreign actors and actress in Bollywood is in reality the money of Indian tax payers and where we Indians are not respected and our nation is been disrespected then what is the use to let these foreign actors and actress to work in Republic of India ?

They have been even Indian intelligence reports that money is being sent from UK and EU nations to create chaos inside Republic of India. So here Indian Intelligence agencies, IB, RAW, CBI, CID have to check how the money is being used by all the actors and actress.

A very stupid post.

Money invested in films has NOTHING to do with the Indian tax-payer. It is all public capital. All money paid as acting fees is tax-deductible at source. There is no question of money being siphoned off either.

Why do you spread such disinformation without knowing the facts?

And WHY are you misusing the photographs of our martyrs to support your blatantly wrong post?

Karan Johar has said that 5 Cr will be given to the families of the Martyred Indian soldiers .

Agar Hindustan ki fauj hain tou Karan Johar aaise Hindustan may bahut ho sakte hain. Desh may jo khel rahe hain , un ko Hindustaniyon ki zindagiyon say khelne ka kohi haq nahi hai.

Azaadi saaron ko free may mile hain. Native Hindustaniyon say zyada , In Loggon kay zindagiya ache hain .

The Indian military does not need thekedars. It can manage its own funds.

A very stupid post.

Money invested in films has NOTHING to do with the Indian tax-payer. It is all public capital. All money paid as acting fees is tax-deductible at source. There is no question of money being siphoned off either.

Why do you spread such disinformation without knowing the facts?

And WHY are you misusing the photographs of our martyrs to support your blatantly wrong post?

I know what i am talking in here . Indian Intelligence agencies outputs are already there , so please be careful when you are making comment. ISRO has even provided evidence to the Indian Intelligence agencies.

I am not in such business to misuse the sacrifices of Indian secuirty forces martydom, even my friends are serving in Indian Military.

well no one is objecting karan johar from donating money but forcing them to donate money as pre condition of deal and State CM is part of this illegal deal. for such a sacred army fund the donations must be voluntary and that's what army says

The fadnavis' and thackerays are all peas of the same wilted pod.

Back
Top Bottom