What's new

CIA vaccination drive in Pakistan slammed by Red Cross: Will cost lives

The Taliban already targets ngos and other aid organizations. This action to find Osama doesn't make any difference. Just like terrorists using ambulances to sneak in weapons. Don't see why we should fight a fair war.

Errrrrr....... because we are better than they are?!

(or at least profess to be so! :D )

Well someone here mentioned Raymond Davis Case - Well the difference is that Raymond Davis was an American but this particular Doctor is Pakistani so he will be given a lesson.He is not only a traitor but as a doctor he is supposed to work for a humanity not work for money/us visa etc for foreign intelligence agency.I know at least one doctor on this forum who i think if he was in Pakistan would have done the same for money/us visa.Too many traitors in Pakistan.

pakistan government betrayed its people by letting in CIA terrorists, every pakistani will remember, that instead of US, its pakistan govt and its military that has blood of innocent pakistanis on its hands

...this particular Doctor is Pakistani so he will be given a lesson.He is not only a traitor but as a doctor he is supposed to work for a humanity -
The doctor was a traitor to whom, exactly? To the Pakistani people who suffered by Al Qaeda's hand? Or to the GoP officials who most conceivably turned a blind eye to OBL's presence in Abbotabad? Once a Pakistani has learned not to trust his own government officials whom can he trust to eliminate deadly monsters other than Americans?

I don't see how the acts of "this particular Doctor" constitute treason. It strikes me as more sensible to claim that those who permitted OBL to operate in peace were committing treason. However, it seems no Pakistani is willing to look into this, yes?

The term is Interference.

Common sense, can ISI hire american doctors inside US to run a fake vaccination drive to achieve a certain objective.

The doctor infact doctors are traitors to Pakistan running such fake vaccination drives on behalf of US Govt, God knows what sort of damage they have caused to children and their families.

They should be tried for treason for going against the Pakistani Laws and those of their department, no such vaccination drive takes place without the due proper authorization by the Govt Health Department for any specific region.

You know whats funny... Pakistan released the foreigner who murdered 2 Pakistani nationals (may be Pakistani military), but wont release the Pakistani doctor who helped kill the biggest known terrorist on Earth.. What irony .. hmm...

You don't know the reason why the doctor was detained, it could just be for questioning and maybe he will be released or maybe not....either way, one can't just have spies running around.

acquiring his DNA for making a clone of him in future?

Phony CIA immunisation drive: Vaccination drives under threat – The Express Tribune

The US truly has no regard for the loss of human life in Pakistan. This will claim the lives of a lot of kids in Pakistan. Pakistan better not release that doctor and unearth all the other doctors that were involved, surely just one dude couldn't do this.

You are talking about the very same people who almost wiped off an entire race who were the natives of the land of America, and then kept another race as slaves for a hundred years and then segregated and discriminated them for another hundred years. And dont forget these people are the only people to use nuclear atomic bombs on another race on the other side of the planet.

Why on earth would you think these people would have any regard for a Pakistani life? Kya 1947 bool gay ho? The goraiys only care about themselves and only their kind.

The only difference between goraiys and our other enemy is that goraiys pretend to be our friends and be all nice to us, but they make malicious plans day and night to screw us up, and then act as if they are innocent.

I have always said that I have never been to Pakistan.

Fair enough.

Then I guess the international vaccination effort is unlikely to work unless Pakistan makes greater efforts at education. This is sad. According to my old Encyclopedia Britannica, Pakistan did not have a bad record in the 1960s when it came to public health matters. I guess such funds were eviscerated under Zia along with the rest of the education budget.

It's been 50 years since the 1960s, and 25 years since Zia.

P.S. Zia did nothing to such funds... vaccination for long has been funded and supported by international donor organisations.

The U.S. eliminated polio a long time ago.

So did the rest of the world including Pakistan.

It's just that in the last 3 years militants had aggressively propogated their propoganda against the vaccination campaigns and boom, the number went up to 144.

How? By saving Pakistani from Al Qaeda attacks? On the other hand, I strongly suspect the A-bad raid did prevent Kiyani from carrying out a coup, so not only did the U.S. nab Bin Laden but it also helped Pakistani democracy survive. Is that what you object to?

You think the al-Qaeda attacks against Pakistanis have stopped or been curbed? What evidence do you have of that?

What do you have to support your postulation that Kayani was planning a coup? I think the US has had in him check for the last 3 years, it had no links whatsoever with the illegal Abbottabad raid.

The US is teh same country that saw a dictator survive here for over half a decade so am not sure how much it believes in supporting democracy. May be you should revisit Pakistani history of the 2000s to know the role of the US in the region....

Also, with reference to the line sentence, Solomon2, for future reference, do not attempt to put words in my mouth.

P.S. Zia did nothing to such funds... vaccination for long has been funded and supported by international donor organisations.
It's amazing that the international effort to eradicate polio succeeded even in the most inaccessible parts of Africa and New Guinea but is apparently at risk in a modern town like Abbottabad.
You think the al-Qaeda attacks against Pakistanis have stopped or been curbed? What evidence do you have of that?
What evidence would you expect to see? Yet it seems reasonable to assume that with the head of the snake gone the body will eventually stop thrashing.

What do you have to support your postulation that Kayani was planning a coup?
"‘We should not let ourselves overcome by frustration and pessimism...We believe in one army, one family and one nation and we will have to rise above personal interests and think for a strong Pakistan” link Sure sounds like a general plotting a coup to me; certainly he acknowledged no civilian authority. Note that all that noise stopped hours after the raid.

The US is teh same country that saw a dictator survive here for over half a decade so am not sure how much it believes in supporting democracy. May be you should revisit Pakistani history of the 2000s to know the role of the US in the region
All too often I feel the U.S. is looking at it's short-term interests at the expense of strengthening Pakistani democracy. However, the U.S. also doesn't want to be accused of meddling with an ally, and the social history between Pakistan's ruling class and U.S. officials is such that they actively seek U.S. involvement even in domestic affairs, even when U.S. officials don't want to play a role, apparently because Pakistanis trust Americans more than they trust each other -
The fact that a former Prime Minister believes the U.S. could control the appointment of Pakistan's Chief of Army Staff speaks volumes about the myth of American influence here. - Ambassador Anne Patterson link
So the U.S. may want to strengthen "Weimar" Pakistan yet doing so also serves as a crutch that weakens it, yet America can't have Pakistan become a base for terror attacks against it...it's not easy to weigh everything in a moral balance, is it?

We've always heard about doctors saying they'll first and foremost do no harm. He's a scumbag in my books for violating the Hippocratic oath. Unfortunately we have a dime a dozen of these within our borders and they should all face the full brunt of the law.

Trivia: Actually all surgeons violate hippocratic oath as a part of that oath is not not cut into human body :)

It's amazing that the international effort to eradicate polio succeeded even in the most inaccessible parts of Africa and New Guinea but is apparently at risk in a modern town like Abbottabad.
What evidence would you expect to see? Yet it seems reasonable to assume that with the head of the snake gone the body will eventually stop thrashing.

"‘We should not let ourselves overcome by frustration and pessimism...We believe in one army, one family and one nation and we will have to rise above personal interests and think for a strong Pakistan” link Sure sounds like a general plotting a coup to me; certainly he acknowledged no civilian authority. Note that all that noise stopped hours after the raid.

All too often I feel the U.S. is looking at it's short-term interests at the expense of strengthening Pakistani democracy. However, the U.S. also doesn't want to be accused of meddling with an ally, and the social history between Pakistan's ruling class and U.S. officials is such that they actively seek U.S. involvement even in domestic affairs, even when U.S. officials don't want to play a role, apparently because Pakistanis trust Americans more than they trust each other -

So the U.S. may want to strengthen "Weimar" Pakistan yet doing so also serves as a crutch that weakens it, yet America can't have Pakistan become a base for terror attacks against it...it's not easy to weigh everything in a moral balance, is it?

Solomon2, your replies are all over the place. You are constantly going off on a tangent....

You have absolutely no idea what impact any activity by the US has on Pakistan, no idea what the difference between Abbottabad and Fata is, no idea what the issue at hand...

I do have answers to all your questions but this is not the place.

Fake vaccine project: Government suspends Dr Shakil Afridi

ISLAMABAD: The government has suspended Dr Shakil Afridi from his job for allegedly assisting CIA in its covert operation against Osama bin Laden, Express 24/7 reported on Saturday.

A departmental inquiry has been initiated against Dr Afridi, who is already in the custody of intelligence agencies.

Sources said the doctor ran a fake hepatitis campaign in Abbottabad, to provide CIA with DNA samples of bin Laden’s children.

A British newspaper, Guardian, reported that the CIA launched a fake vaccination drive in Abbottabad to gather the DNA information of bin Laden’s family. It said that Khyber Agency Surgeon Dr Afridi arranged a private vaccination campaign under the pretext of a CIA programme to trace the al Qaeda leader in Abbottabad.

Action was initiated against him and some other provincial health department officials for running a fake hepatitis vaccine campaign.

The United States is reportedly asking Pakistan to release the doctor so that he and his family could be transferred to America as a reward for helping CIA.

Pakistani doctor will be released to US along with his wife and children same as RD's victims family gone to US! As Pakistan and US are now moving forward after suspended relations.

The two issues highlighted by the media – restoration of US military aid to Pakistan and the release of a Pakistani helper of the CIA – were not discussed, the sources said.

I don't believe these lines that were not discussed. ;)

Back
Top Bottom