What's new

Church Should Introspect on its Mission: Jiji Thomson

ranjeet

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
KOTTAYAM: Chief Secretary Jiji Thomson on Thursday called upon the Church to introspect on its mission. He was delivering the keynote address on the mission of the Church at the valedictory function of the bicentenary celebrations of the Kottayam Orthodox Theological Seminary (Old seminary) here.

He also called for taking up the mission of spreading Christianity and added it was Biblically imperative to bring people unto Jesus.

Thomson, who spoke at a function being attended by Governor Justice P Sathasivam, highlighted the importance of the evangelisation mission.

Thomson began his speech by saying that he was speaking not as a Chief Secretary, but as a son of the Church.

“The ultimate mission of the Church is to spread Christianity and I am thinking of ways to fulfil this mission. There are three ways to achieve this goal, which are Church evangelisation, personal evangelisation and mass evangelisation. While mass evangelisation is being held through Bible conventions, everyone can go on the path of personal evangelisation,” he said, elaborating the term gospel as ‘go’ and ‘spell.’

When Express contacted Thomson over phone and asked whether his speech amounted to evangelisation, he said being a Christian he had the right to speak about Christianity. Replying to a question whether it is proper for him to speak about attracting people to Christianity while holding the Chief Secretary’s post, he said everyone has religious freedom and he could speak about it as a person.

“There is nothing wrong in speaking about Christianity while being a Chief Secretary,” he said.

Church Should Introspect on its Mission: Jiji Thomson -The New Indian Express

And these guys cry foul when Hindus indulge in Ghar Wapsi.

@Rain Man @HariPrasad @Echo_419 @Mike_Brando @magudi

KOTTAYAM: Chief Secretary Jiji Thomson on Thursday called upon the Church to introspect on its mission. He was delivering the keynote address on the mission of the Church at the valedictory function of the bicentenary celebrations of the Kottayam Orthodox Theological Seminary (Old seminary) here.

He also called for taking up the mission of spreading Christianity and added it was Biblically imperative to bring people unto Jesus.

Thomson, who spoke at a function being attended by Governor Justice P Sathasivam, highlighted the importance of the evangelisation mission.

Thomson began his speech by saying that he was speaking not as a Chief Secretary, but as a son of the Church.

“The ultimate mission of the Church is to spread Christianity and I am thinking of ways to fulfil this mission. There are three ways to achieve this goal, which are Church evangelisation, personal evangelisation and mass evangelisation. While mass evangelisation is being held through Bible conventions, everyone can go on the path of personal evangelisation,” he said, elaborating the term gospel as ‘go’ and ‘spell.’

When Express contacted Thomson over phone and asked whether his speech amounted to evangelisation, he said being a Christian he had the right to speak about Christianity. Replying to a question whether it is proper for him to speak about attracting people to Christianity while holding the Chief Secretary’s post, he said everyone has religious freedom and he could speak about it as a person.

“There is nothing wrong in speaking about Christianity while being a Chief Secretary,” he said.

Church Should Introspect on its Mission: Jiji Thomson -The New Indian Express

And these guys cry foul when Hindus indulge in Ghar Wapsi.

@Rain Man @HariPrasad @Echo_419 @Mike_Brando @magudi

But If we Do gahr vapsi than pseudo secular will cry.

Churches should give it a rest and accept the fact that there is no God up there only stars, galaxies and milkyways.

Instead of proselytizing and baptizing herd of sheeps the vast amount of resources could be better utilized for human development and empowerment, even from religious point of view most of the world is already Christian why the fcuk do we need more sheeps to follow some imaginary sky daddy. When Christians all over the world are becoming increasingly atheist we are going downward.

No religion is true all bogus and bullshit, people should understand that there are N number of other better things to do in life than shoving your personal religious insecurities down to others throats

Last edited:
LOL..... this guy is the Chief Secretary of Kerla :cheesy:

A good man to promote "secularism" with their Christian Chief Minister :lol:

Loan Waiver Scheme for Christian converts - The Hindu

...Under the debt waiver scheme for the Christian Converts, loans up to Rs.25,000 maturing on 31 March 2006 would be written off fully. In cases where the loan amount exceeds the stipulated amount, penal interest part would be written off, providing the persons with an opportunity to avail a one time benefit.

This is SECULAR kerala :enjoy:

Meanwhile COMMUNAL BJP ..... spreading Intolerance. :cry:

Christians, Muslims to gain as govt links loans with population share - The Times of India

The BJP government is asking public sector banks to lend to each minority community in line with its share of the total minority population within the 6% quota fixed for all minorities. The move will result in higher credit flow to Muslims and Christians. Under current rules, banks have to mandatorily earmark 15% of their priority sector loans to minority communities.

@rubyjackass @jaunty.... please tell us how to stop communal BJP.

Last edited:
Churches should give it a rest and accept the fact that there is no God up there only stars, galaxies and milkyways.

Instead of proselytizing and baptizing the herd of sheeps the vast amount of resource could be better utilized for human development and empowerment, even from regious point of view most of the world is already Christian why the fcuk do we need more sheeps to follow some imaginary sky daddy.

No religion is true all bogus and bullshit, people should understand that there are N number of other better things to do in life than shoving your personal religious insecurities down to others throats
Don't say that bro,Jesus was indeed the Son of God and an Avatar of Lord Vishnu himself and he sacrificed his everything for the betterment of humanity.So instead of rejecting the existence of the Supreme Lord/God,why don't we try to follow the path shown by Jesus and dedicate our lives for the betterment of our compatriots irrespective of their castes,creeds and religions:-).

I just fail to understand that why can't we all live in peace and brotherhood in this country.The Lord has given us everything in form of the greatest country on earth,so why fight over some trivial issues!!The best way to serve the Lord is to serve our Motherland:coffee:!!

Don't say that bro,Jesus was indeed the Son of God and an Avatar of Lord Vishnu himself and he sacrificed his everything for the betterment of humanity.So instead of rejecting the existence of the Supreme Lord/God,why don't we try to follow the path shown by Jesus and dedicate our lives for the betterment of our compatriots irrespective of their castes,creeds and religions:-).

I just fail to understand that why can't we all live in peace and brotherhood in this country.The Lord has given us everything in form of the greatest country on earth,so why fight over some trivial issues!!The best way to serve the Lord is to serve our Motherland:coffee:!!

Man I am an atheist, if I say more on this matter I will probably end up hurting your sentiments, lets just agree to disagree.

BTW kothay chile etodin? Welcome back brother , Its good to see you back again man

Man I am an atheist, if I say more on this matter I will probably end up hurting your sentiments, lets just agree to disagree.

BTW kothay chile etodin? Welcome back brother , Its good to see you back again man
R e Webby saala amay bina karon e 2 weeks er jonne ban kore diechilo!!Tar age without any notification 1 week ban chilam without any reason:hitwall:!!Ki je hochche na amar sathe kichui bujhte parchi na:(

R e Webby saala amay bina karon e 2 weeks er jonne ban kore diechilo!!Tar age without any notification 1 week ban chilam without any reason:hitwall:!!Ki je hochche na amar sathe kichui bujhte parchi na:(
LOl the 1st line cracked me up, ei saala der beshi seriously nite nei, Khafee bole ekta notun profesional maal join koreche, baal ta jokhon i amake dekhe tokhon i ngetive dei, last 2 dine 5 khana negetive kheye bose achi

ghar wapsi pe dast kyon lag jaate hai phir?
bollywood-villains-8.jpg

aaooooo lolithaa ee ka kehat hain kararrrraaaa :devil:

India gives 'right to propogate' religion. If people accept a religion on voluntary terms, that is perfectly legal.

Which means Modi should be able to propagate Hinduism too, right ? :cheesy:

Or is there a small thing called separation of the church and the state ? Especially in matter of governance. Can an govt. official propogate religion during his office hours ?

Now IF its not office hours, can an govt. officer propagate religion when he is living in a govt. provided house ? get driven in a govt. vehicle and gets got. police protection ? When for all practical purpose, HE IS THE GOVT. (hence the reverential term "sarkar")

When people can question his integrity ? When the people of kerala will loose faith in the govt. because it appears to be propagating religion ?

What happens tomorrow if Modi starts preaching and asking people to convert to Hinduism ? Will people have faith in the neutrality of governance ?

In Governance, Perception is as important as Reality. (Not Trader Media created image)

Rule 3 (I) of the All India Civil Service Conduct Rules, says that every government servant shall at all times
(i) Maintain absolute integrity,
(ii) Maintain devotion to duty and
(iii) do nothing which is unbecoming of a civil servant.

In this case, point 1 and 3 is violated. His integrity is compromised for all practical matters and his conducted is unbecoming.

Last edited:
Which means Modi should be able to propagate Hinduism too, right ? :cheesy:

Or is there a small thing called separation of the church and the state ? Especially in matter of governance. Can an govt. official propogate religion during his office hours ?

Now IF its not office hours, can an govt. officer propagate religion when he is living in a govt. provided house ? get driven in a govt. vehicle and gets got. police protection ? When for all practical purpose, HE IS THE GOVT. (hence the reverential term "sarkar")

When people an question his integrity ? When the people of kerala will loose faith in the govt. because it appears to be propagating religion ?

What happens tomorrow if Modi starts preaching and asking people to convert to Hinduism ? Will people have faith in the neutrality of governance ?

In Governance, Perception is as important as Reality. (Not Trader Media created image)

Rule 3 (I) of the All India Civil Service Conduct Rules, says that every government servant shall at all times
(i) Maintain absolute integrity,
(ii) Maintain devotion to duty and
(iii) do nothing which is unbecoming of a civil servant.

In this case, point 1 and 3 is violated. His integrity is compromised for all practical matters and his conducted is unbecoming.
Fly-Swatter.jpg

ghar wapsi pe dast kyon lag jaate hai phir?

'voluntary' not forced. If people voluntarily move into Hinduism, it is just fine.

Back
Top Bottom