What's new

Christian MNA's bill to ban alcohol for non-Muslims gets rejected

mr42O

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Sharifo ka mulk ur parliament

fccfdcb35d81f5429f8a232b089517b2.jpg

ISLAMABAD: More than a dozen lawmakers moved a bill seeking a ban on non-Muslims drinking alcohol after introducing new amendments in the 1973 Constitution. However, the bill didn’t get very far.

“I’m saddened and dejected today,” said Christian MNA Asiya Nasir, the mover of the bill. “I strongly stand by my bill. I will bring another amended bill in Parliament,” she told The Express Tribune.

National Assembly Standing Committee on Law and Justice rejected the bill on Tuesday saying, “Such legislation will earn a very bad name for the country.”

a970a5ecd016c2c5f3d2dada95538b04.jpg

A copy of the bill obtained by The Express Tribune.

Speaker National Assembly Ayaz Sadiq referred this bill to the Standing Committee. 16 MNAs, including four non-Muslim MNAs endorsed this bill after it was presented before the Parliament.

Christian MNA’s bill to ban alcohol for non-Muslims gets rejected – The Express Tribune

Farigh UL tehsil ministers .. All sort of fck ups and they want to introduce a alcohol ban on non Muslims wtf are these idiots ... Probably they weren't paid enough by distilleries or idiot minister is sore on them

good it didnt passed or else the news would have been evil pakistani muslims have banned alcohol for their non muslim bredran

Back
Top Bottom