What's new

Chinese "Xiang Long" UAV exposed

You are confused. A turbine engine, which is another term for a 'jet' engine, can also turn a propeller. See if you can figure that one out...:D

Well, what he said has no problem. You want to show some knowledge again?
Turboprop has propellers and turbofan will jet air.:tongue:

i dont think there is any need for speed as the UAV being slower is better for A2G or surveillance
am i right

i dont think there is any need for speed as the UAV being slower is better for A2G or surveillance
am i right

They need speed to deploy fast to battlefield, but with the technology now there should be some balance.

This is only the beginning. Better designs should come out soon enough.

URAV version is called "Xiang Long".

UCAV version is called "Thunderbolt".

Xiang Long though resembled Global Hawk but it is obviously designed with different missions in mind since it is much smaller in size. Global Hawk is designed to loiter at high attitude, long distance and endurance to suit US policy of projecting their muscle at every corner on Earth, to enhance their global intervention force.

Xiang Long is designed for regional use, over Chinese land mass and its surrounding area, and the oceans on the east and south. China do not aim to fight a war far away from their border.

chinese drone
5369299063_ab32da9f5f.jpg

US Predator
US-drone101.jpg

Clearly chinese drone uses small Jet type engine whereas us one uses rotor engine which shows that fast chinese drone can cover distance long distances in short time but for searching enemies in WOT situation i think US predator will be better.

n097.jpg

global-hawk-unmanned-drone.jpg

Its own smaller globe hawk!!

China has unveiled it's first long range UAV - Xiang Long (flying dragon). Given how late China entered this market it has now produced the 2nd longest ranged UAV (7000kms as opposed to the global hawks 22,000 and Heron TP's 3,300kms) on the market - with 1 addendum - it has UCAV like AG weapons capability. It carries a slightly reduced payload than the Global Hawk with a significant reduction in MTOW with 1/3rd its rangeUAV weapon system:
5369908574_250431fb9e.jpg

So, there is also a UCAV variant of the Xianglong?

A Chinese equivalent of the Avenger UCAV?

chinese drone
5369299063_ab32da9f5f.jpg

US Predator
US-drone101.jpg

Clearly chinese drone uses small Jet type engine whereas us one uses rotor engine which shows that fast chinese drone can cover distance long distances in short time but for searching enemies in WOT situation i think US predator will be better.

U.S. drones are looking for terrorists. U.S. drones need to loiter over an airspace for an extended period of time, which is perfect for a propeller-driven UAV.

Chinese drones are looking for U.S. capital ships to acquire targeting data for China's anti-ship ballistic missile. Chinese turbofan UAVs need to cover long distances in the Pacific Ocean as fast as possible.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom