What's new

Chinese Trainer JL-9, L-15, JL-10, CJ-7 News & Discussions

Thanks ... but why then do some on the production line have a pitot on their radar and others not ?

Probably the first JL-10 for the PLAAF....

JL-10 - 27.8.16 - 1.jpg
JL-10 - 27.8.16 - 2.jpg

Again ... if those without the pitot are for the PLAAF and these now with a pitot too ... why two versions ??

I heard that those radomes without pitot are provisional nose cones

Thanks again for Your reply but even if this could be a reasonable explanation, I have my serious doubts.

Why should they fly with a provisorial one featuring no pitot - at least the pitot is a sensor relevant for flying - only to receive later one with a pitot.
Even more if You remember that the PESA-equipped one had no pitot and there are already a few on the production line with and others without a pitot. If it would be only an interim measure, then all JL-10s and L-15s should be more or less the same during manufacturing.

Maybe it's a bit far-fetched, but IMO / my theory these are indeed two different versions currently on the production line: 1. the export versions L-15 - similar to the Zambian standard - featuring a radome without a pitot ... and
2. the PLAAF version JL-10 featuring a radome with a pitot.

Just my 2 cents.

Deino

Thanks again for Your reply but even if this could be a reasonable explanation, I have my serious doubts.

Why should they fly with a provisorial one featuring no pitot - at least the pitot is a sensor relevant for flying - only to receive later one with a pitot.
Even more if You remember that the PESA-equipped one had no pitot and there are already a few on the production line with and others without a pitot. If it would be only an interim measure, then all JL-10s and L-15s should be more or less the same during manufacturing.

Maybe it's a bit far-fetched, but IMO / my theory these are indeed two different versions currently on the production line: 1. the export versions L-15 - similar to the Zambian standard - featuring a radome without a pitot ... and
2. the PLAAF version JL-10 featuring a radome with a pitot.

Just my 2 cents.

Deino
I am sorry. The lastest Information I have is that newly produced radomes of either PLAAF or export versions are not mounted with pitot.

Last edited:
No need to be sorry, esp. since You are the one with a much better and deeper understanding of that matters.
It was only a theory ... but I'm surely we will find out.

Deino

And better ones .... :-)
This bird took so long to join the service.

Indeed surprising esp. how urgent it is needed (however the JL-9 is at least an interim solution) ... by the way, are there any news concerning the L-7/CJ-7 ??? The most recent image is one prototype flying.

EDeino

What a wonderful birds. Paint shade couldnt be more close to my preference

This plane should receive integration of targeting pod + stand off missiles + protection system against missiles

At least till jet UCAV get widely adopted. Thats probably going to take 3 or 4 years

The first JL-10 supersonic training and light attack aircraft of People’s Liberation Army Air Force (PLAAF) was spotted during the PLAAF public day in Changchun.

The new JL-10 aircraft in gray tactical camouflage will show up on PLAAF public day in Changchun. In Changchun located PLA Air Force Aviation University.

The JL-10 (export name : L-15 Falcon) – is a Chinese supersonic training and light attack aircraft being developed by Nanchang-based Hongdu Aviation Industry Corporation (HAIG) to meet the Chinese People’s Liberation Army Air Force (PLAAF) and People’s Liberation Army Naval Air Force (PLANAF) lead-in fighter trainer (LIFT) requirements.

As designed, the JL-10 seats a crew of two – student and instructor or pilot and co-pilot depending on role. Overall length is 40 feet with a wingspan reaching 31 feet and height of 15.8 feet. Power is served through 2 x АI-322F Turbofan Aero Engines with Afterburner developed by Ukrainian company SE Ivchenko-Progress.

Source: http://defence-blog.com/news/chines...sonic-training-and-light-attack-aircraft.html

Back
Top Bottom